Romance Audiobooks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > June Romance Listening

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 2029 comments Mod
Halfway through the year. What romance are you listening to this month?

message 2: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4718 comments Mod
I’m still listening to Shelter in Place by Nora Roberts and very much drawn in already.
Shelter in Place by Nora Roberts

message 3: by Samantha (last edited Jun 01, 2018 08:43AM) (new)

Jonetta wrote: "I’m still listening to Shelter in Place by Nora Roberts and very much drawn in already.
Shelter in Place by Nora Roberts"

I hope it is good. I love a good book by Nora.

message 4: by hammerpixie (new)

hammerpixie | 73 comments Just finished Mariana Zapata's:
From Lukov with Love
From Lukov with Love by Mariana Zapata

A good listen, though the internal monologue dragged on a bit at times.

I liked this Zapata book better:
The Wall of Winnipeg and Me
The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata

message 5: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Shelter in Place by Nora Roberts and it was excellent, especially the narration. Here’s my review.

I’m listening to All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood.
Shelter in Place by Nora Roberts All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood

message 6: by L J (new)

L J | 377 comments J.S. Scott, Billionaire Unloved~ Jett. I liked the characters and the romance. The absence of angst from characters who could have been angsty made up for the lack of suspense I look forward to in her Billionaire series.
Scott and Cardello: Well Played. I liked the start and was looking forward to seeing them do fun things together but instead the drama in their relationship increased. Great scenes of Graham and his teammate Ty made me feel the lack of equivalent scenes for Lauren. To me it ended up feeling more like a book about Graham than about Graham and Lauren. There's nothing wrong with that but it wasn't what I was expecting.

message 7: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 721 comments I finished Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1) by J.T. Geissinger Burn for You by J.T. Geissinger yesterday. The dual narration was good, but something was missing for me. I'm interested in continuing the series, but I think I'll read the next one.

Next up - The Kiss Quotient (The Kiss Quotient, #1) by Helen Hoang The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang.
** For Scribd subscribers the audiobook is available with membership.

message 8: by Samantha (new)

I started the ebook of The Kiss Quotient last night. I didn't get far but I'm hoping it is good :)

message 9: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 721 comments Samantha wrote: "I started the ebook of The Kiss Quotient last night. I didn't get far but I'm hoping it is good :)"

I'm enjoying it so far, I love this type of heroine. Socially awkward genius trying to fit in and find love. I hope you like it!

message 10: by Jonetta (new)

This book just hit my radar today. Looking forward to reading it.

message 11: by L J (new)

L J | 377 comments The Thief by J.R. Ward both book and audio. If anyone reads the series I highly recommend this one both for characters and story arc progression but if you haven't read at least some of the others you will be lost. The overall story arc is important in this one with questions that have been hanging out there for several books answered and a couple of situations resolved. We still don't have answers about the coffins but from Ward interview that may be only 2 or 3 books away.

message 12: by Jonetta (new)

L J wrote: "The Thief by J.R. Ward both book and audio. If anyone reads the series I highly recommend this one both for characters and story arc progression but if you haven't re..."

One of my favorite series.

message 13: by L J (new)

L J | 377 comments Started First Mate's Accidental Wife by Eve Langlais. Langlais' Alien Abduction and Space Gypsy series are background hundreds of years in the past. Ongoing Alien Abduction series is fun romance, some books more than others. Space Gypsy series isn't supposed to be romance but I also didn't find it fun. So far First Mate's Accidental Wife is fun. In this future time period Earth and earth humans have become a Galactic Power because we reproduce like rabbits in Australia, or Tribbles on the Enterprise, and we have chocolate.

message 14: by L J (last edited Jun 10, 2018 10:05AM) (new)

L J | 377 comments Finished First Mate's Accidental Wife. It was romance. It was fun and... I want the next one now! Fortunately The Cyborg's Stowaway: In the Stars Romance is due out later this month.
I'm starting to listen to Hybrid Misfit and wonder if it is connected to Langlais' other shifter series. Female main character escaped from what sounds like captive shifter experiment places in those other series but involving demons.

message 15: by L J (new)

L J | 377 comments Finished Hybrid Misfit by Eve Langlais. Think the audio just came out this year but don't know if the book was revised. This was published in 2011 and book #2 is due out in December 2018. That's a long time between books. I couldn't tell if it fits in Langlais shifter or hell universes. Maybe it is unrelated to everything else she has written. Overall I liked it but had to pause and re-listen to parts for universe information and would have like more information about the male characters.

message 16: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 721 comments I finished The Kiss Quotient (The Kiss Quotient, #1) by Helen Hoang The Kiss Quotient and loved it. The story was really sweet (and steamy), and the narration by Carly Robins was well done. Definitely a winner for me.

I also finished Swept Away by Robyn Carr Swept Away by Robyn Carr over the weekend. The narration by Therese Plummer was fantastic, overall it was an enjoyable, standalone story.

message 17: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 721 comments I'm currently listening to American Queen (New Camelot Trilogy, #1) by Sierra Simone American Queen by Sierra Simone. I'm not a fan of trilogies, but decided to give it a try it. I'm about halfway through and I'm enjoying it, lots of drama.

message 18: by Jonetta (new)

KathyB wrote: "I finished The Kiss Quotient (The Kiss Quotient, #1) by Helen HoangThe Kiss Quotient and loved it. The story was really sweet (and steamy), and the narration by Carly Robins was well done. Definitely..."

I’m on hold for the eBook (Kiss Quotient) and glad to see you loved it.

message 19: by Jonetta (new)

I’m listening to Hot Response by Shannon Stacey, Boston Fire #4.
Hot Response (Boston Fire, #4) by Shannon Stacey

message 20: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Hot Response by Shannon Stacey, Boston Fire #4, and I’m still loving this series. Here’s my review.
Hot Response (Boston Fire, #4) by Shannon Stacey

Debby*🐝BabyDee🐝 | 496 comments I finished listening to Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4) by Catherine Bybee and Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5) by Catherine Bybee by Catherine Bybee and one more book to finish the series.

Listening to Not Quite Crazy (Not Quite, #6) by Catherine Bybee Not Quite Crazy

message 22: by Samantha (new)

I'm listening to Kulti Kulti by Mariana Zapata trying to get the slow burn :)

message 23: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 721 comments I finished American Queen (New Camelot Trilogy, #1) by Sierra Simone American Queen and thought it was okay. It started really strong with an intriguing storyline, unfortunately after the halfway point it was mostly sex. I'm all for a hot story, but not at the expense of the plot. It ended pretty strong, but I'm not sure if I'll continue the series, it was disappointing.

After American Queen, I picked up Sunrise Point (Virgin River, #17) by Robyn Carr Sunrise Point by Robyn Carr. I enjoyed it but I'm dreading finishing the Virgin River series. I've grown to love the small town and the endearing characters, I'll be sad when it's over.

message 24: by KathyB (last edited Jun 18, 2018 02:10PM) (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 721 comments Currently listening to Rock Chick Revolution (Rock Chick, #8) by Kristen Ashley Rock Chick Revolution by Kristen Ashley.

message 25: by Jonetta (new)

KathyB wrote: "I'm dreading finishing the Virgin River series. I've grown to love the small town and the endearing characters, I'll be sad when it's over...."

Next, try her Thunder Point series. It’s a little different in that it sometimes reads more like contemporary fiction with romantic elements. But, it still has her signature (multiple storylines, small town elements).

message 26: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 721 comments Jonetta wrote: "Next, try her Thunder Point series. It’s a little different in that it sometimes reads more like contemporary fiction with romantic elements. But, it still has her signature (multiple storylines, small town elements) ."

Thanks Jonetta, something to look forward to. I'll probably remember 2018 as the year I fell in love with Robyn Carr stories and Therese Plummer's narration!

**BTW - For subscribers of the Audible Romance package the entire Thunder Point series is available, as well as the Virgin River series.

message 27: by Jonetta (new)

Woo hoo!

message 28: by Jonetta (new)

I’m listening to Confess by Colleen Hoover.
Confess by Colleen Hoover

message 29: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Confess by Colleen Hoover, a cleverly conceptualized story I really liked. Here’s my review.
Confess by Colleen Hoover

message 30: by L J (new)

L J | 377 comments Finished Ocean Light (Psy-Changeling#17 Trinity#2) by Nalini Singh. Another good one.

message 31: by L J (new)

L J | 377 comments Back to cleaning up my tbr all genres author by author, audio when available. Almost through Eve Langlais and working my way through Milly Taiden.
I like most Eve Langlais characters and stories and she makes me laugh.
Milly Taiden sometimes seems to lose track of plot lines, especially in her early works. Things mentioned at beginning are never dealt with, while others come out of nowhere toward the end, but her characters are interesting enough I'll probably keep reading her.

message 32: by Samantha (new)

I finished Kulti which was just ok. I barely wanted to finish it. The slow burn was a bit much for me.

I was almost scared to go straight into Under Locke which is by the same author.

message 33: by Jonetta (new)

I’m listening to Ready to Run by Lauren Layne, I Do, I Don’t #1.
Ready to Run (I Do, I Don't, #1) by Lauren Layne

message 34: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 721 comments I recently finished The Collector by Nora Roberts The Collector by Nora Roberts and No Place to Run (KGI, #2) by Maya Banks No Place to Run by Maya Banks. I enjoyed both stories, the narration was well done.

Next up - Four Friends by Robyn Carr Four Friends by Robyn Carr

message 35: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Ready to Run by Lauren Layne, I Do, I Don’t #1, and it was a big miss for me. Here’s my review.

I’m listening to Once Loved by Cecy Robson, Shattered Past #2.
Ready to Run (I Do, I Don't, #1) by Lauren Layne Once Loved (Shattered Past, #2) by Cecy Robson

message 36: by Samantha (new)

Oh no, Jonetta. Sorry it was a miss.

message 37: by Jonetta (new)

Should have known better. I put it off for a couple of months.

message 38: by Samantha (new)

I saw that reality tv component thing was not your thing. Sometimes it is a miss.

message 39: by Jonetta (new)

Yeah, I hate that I picked it as so many others liked this book.

message 40: by Samantha (new)

Jonetta wrote: "Yeah, I hate that I picked it as so many others liked this book."

I hate when I feel like that too. When everyone loves it and I'm just like meh!

message 41: by Jonetta (new)

I finished out the month listening to Once Loved by Cecy Robson, Shattered Past #2, and loved the story. Here’s my review.

I’m listening to Year One by Nora Roberts, Chronicles of the One #1.
Once Loved (Shattered Past, #2) by Cecy Robson Year One (Chronicles of The One, #1) by Nora Roberts

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.