Addicted to YA discussion

Legendary (Caraval, #2)
This topic is about Legendary
Series > Legendary

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5323 comments Mod
What did you think of it? Favorite or least favorite characters? Favorite or least favorite part? Will you read the next one?

AshleyKWbooks  (mommareads2me) | 2 comments I liked it but I found it a little odd that suddenly their were gods and their mother was so notorious. I dunno just seemed a little forced?
I did love getting to know Tella though. Scarlet seemed different though.
But overall I thought it was really awesome still. I think I liked Caraval better though.

Ashley | 4 comments Ohhhh how the ending pierced a hole in my heart! ❤️ I am not usually a fan of this type of book, but I have fallen in love with the Caraval series. I really enjoyed the last book and was a little sad that Crimsion was not a bigger part of this one! I especially liked hers and Julian's relationship. I can't wait for the third book, which will hopefully tie up the series nicely.

Clara (claradeimling) I am totally in love with this series! I really liked Tella; her character was so interesting especially in comparison to Scarlet. Caraval was absolutely magical and Legendary really was too. The introduction of the Fates and the mythology that went with them took me by surprise a little considering there wasn’t really any mention of them in Caraval. But while that seemed a little rushed to me at first, I definitely liked the direction the plot took. The characters and the whole world are so vivid; I just completely love the tone and the setting of this book. So while certain things felt a bit rushed to me, overall I absolutely loved Legendary!

Mrs. Clay (sekengtch) | 3 comments I kept waiting for some secret or connection to be revealed with the apples that Jacks was always eating. Did I miss something?

Deenah8401 | 1 comments I love this book so far

Athena | 78 comments Did anyone else find it a little weird that Scarlett wants to have a relationship with someone she doesn't even know after she fell so hard for Julian? I don't know, I just found it strange. Is that going to be a love triangle?
I liked this book, though not quite as much as Caravel. I do admire the sister-sister relationship. I love Stephanie Garbers whimsical writing style, and would absolutely love to join Legends game! It sounds so gorgeous yet deadly at the same time. I liked the addition of Jacks character, also. I will definetly read the next one! I gues the next one will be dual point of views between Scarlett and Tella?

Veni~ (pure_poison) | 12 comments I'm currently reading it, so I'll read the previous comments later on today when I finish it but I just can't wait to say - I'm so glad I decided to start this book! I didn't like Caraval so I was hesitant about Legendary but so far I'm loving it! In the previous book I didn't like the main characters (I still don't like Scarlett and Julian) and didn't find the game trilling at all.
This time around I love Tella, I love Dante, I find Jacks quite an interesting and exciting villain (after all “Every good story needs a villain.” “But the best villains are the ones you secretly like" ) and the stakes feel high! I like the banter between Tella and Dante ( Scarlett and Julian 's relationship put me to sleep!) and the games they play on each other.
Can't wait to finish it and yet I don't want it to be over for me wait an year for the finale :(

Veni~ (pure_poison) | 12 comments Well, just no! I don't believe Dante is heartless at all. I so believe everything he said to Tella how they were real!
And all through the book I was mostly wondering who the lost heir was. I was positively sure who Legend was after the "brother " comment... I was back and forth between Dante and Paloma for the lost heir. THEORY: And after that ending I'm more than sure it's Paloma. I think she was the daughter of the empress. So I believe Legend is pretending to be the heir not so much as a plot to gain power but to keep Tella safe in some way....

I really didn't give much thought on the Scarlett front - I think after discovering Julian has lied, she doesn't simply want him to prove himself when he has a rival, I think now that she doesn't trust him, she really is reconsidering if he is the man for her ( and she would be right, I'm my opinion).
I think in the next book must be revealed not only Dante 's story, but also Jacks's. And maybe there's a love triangle on the way... After the comment how it takes more for Fates to feel, but once they do, their feelings are much deeper and stronger than humans.
I see broken heart in my future LOL