Historical Romance Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Gaol/Nominations > August, 2018 Nominations - Beauty and the Beast

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Priya (last edited Jun 01, 2018 05:24AM) (new)

Priya (priyachennareddy) | 1544 comments For August, 2018, we are reading HRs with Beauty and the Beast theme.

Rules of Nominations :

Not more than 2 nominations per member
No book we have read as a group read in the last 2 yrs (Please check the group's bookshelf).

Here are the lists:

Beauty and the Beast
Best retellings of Beauty and the Beast
Best adaptations of Beauty and the Beast
HR: Beauty and the beast theme
Beauty & the Beast

Nominations end on 15th of June, 2018

message 2: by Mariana (last edited Jun 01, 2018 05:53PM) (new)

Mariana | 2311 comments One of my favorite themes!

I nominate

Beauty and the Scarred Hero by Emily May Beauty and the Scarred Hero by Emily May

and

Beauty of the Beast (Fairy Tale Retellings #1) by Rachel L. Demeter Beauty of the Beast by Rachel L. Demeter.

message 3: by Joanna Loves Reading, Bluestocking of HR novels (new)

Joanna Loves Reading (joannalovesreading) | 4107 comments Mod
I nominate Yours Until Dawn — I will be reading this book at some point this year for an ABC challenge, and then I hesitate slightly with this one but I want to try this HR legend at some point: The Lion's Lady

Missy (semi-hiatus) | 1192 comments I nominate How to Entice an Enchantress by Karen Hawkins. The hero doesn’t seemed too emotionally scarred by his past as some of the other heroes in this trope but I could be wrong.

And Simply Love by Mary Balogh. The hero is Sydnam Butler whom we first met in A Summer to Remember, a previous BOTM book.

message 5: by Priya (new)

Priya (priyachennareddy) | 1544 comments Joanna Loves Reading wrote: "I nominate Yours Until Dawn — I will be reading this book at some point this year for an ABC challenge, and then I hesitate slightly with this one but I want to try this HR legend at ..."

I love 'The Lion's Lady'. I will reread if this wins!

message 6: by Barbara (last edited Jun 07, 2018 07:45AM) (new)

Barbara James I nominate Darling Beast by Elizabeth Hoyt: Darling Beast (Maiden Lane, #7) by Elizabeth Hoyt

message 7: by Lorien (new)

Lorien | 398 comments I just added Beauty and the Beast, by Hannah Howell to my TBR. Mary Jane Wells does the audio version and I LUV her.

message 8: by Joanna Loves Reading, Bluestocking of HR novels (new)

Joanna Loves Reading (joannalovesreading) | 4107 comments Mod
Awesome! Thanks for the heads up on the audio Lorien.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.