Catching up on Classics (and lots more!) discussion

A Room with a View
This topic is about A Room with a View
E.M. Forster Collection > A Room With a View - NO spoilers

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melanti (last edited Jun 04, 2018 06:59AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melanti | 2383 comments This thread is for background information and general discussion of our June 2018 New School Group Read selection, A Room with a View by E.M. Forster.

Please DO NOT post spoilers in this thread.

You can find free copies at the below sites:
Project Gutenberg
Amazon.com
Amazon.co.uk
Librivox

RJ - Slayer of Trolls (hawk5391yahoocom) | 577 comments I read this one a few years ago. It's a beautifully written book. I'm tempted to re-read it but I have way too many books going right now. I'm going to follow along with the discussion though. Enjoy!

Piyangie | 452 comments I read this last year so I won't be reading again. But I would like to follow and join in with the discussion.

message 4: by Sue (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sue K H (sky_bluez) | 3421 comments Hoping to start on this soon. I'm curious - why are we are using this digital- edition? I only noticed because the editions I'm looking at from Kindle and the library all have double the pages. Is this an abridged version? I know often digital versions just have goofy page numbers,

message 5: by Katy, New School Classics (new) - rated it 3 stars

Katy (kathy_h) | 9893 comments Mod
I read this in 2011. Only remember so much.

Michele | 1012 comments Great book, and the Merchant/Ivory movie adaptation was splendid as well.

message 7: by Darren (last edited Jun 04, 2018 06:13AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Darren (dazburns) | 2018 comments I haven't read much with the group over the last few months,
and Good Luck to those reading Tess/Mill/Vanity all at the same time :oO
but I will weigh in with just this one :oD

(oh and Melanti - message#1 says August instead of June?)

Rosemarie | 1580 comments When I read this book with another group a few years ago, I used a book.
Another member read a digital version which was edited and left out most of the ending. 🙀
Be sure you have the entire book if you are reading the ebook.
She eventually got a library copy of the book and noticed the difference right away.

Melanti | 2383 comments Thanks, Darren! Guess I was doing too many things at once.

Michele | 1012 comments Rosemarie wrote: "Another member read a digital version which was edited and left out most of the ending. "

Well goodness, that seems counterproductive lol

message 11: by NancyJ (new) - added it

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 30 comments Rosemarie wrote: "When I read this book with another group a few years ago, I used a book.
Another member read a digital version which was edited and left out most of the ending. 🙀
Be sure you have the entire book ..."

That's crazy. And really good to know! I did get a copy from the library and I'm looking forward to it.

I'm a little backward on this one. I saw the movie long ago and now I want to read the book. I can't remember how it ended, so it won't ruin it.

Candi (candih) | 799 comments I just started this last night. I have the digital edition and I hope that it is complete! I think I will obtain a library copy as well, so that I can make comparisons at the end to ensure I've really read the entire book! I read this in high school English class years ago, and don't recall much about it either. So essentially it's like a brand new book for me, lol.

Rosemarie | 1580 comments I really enjoyed this book when I read it a couple of years ago.

Lalitha (falcon_) | 24 comments I am starting this book today. I hope I haven't joined in too late.

Darren (dazburns) | 2018 comments I started it yesterday and after 20% am really enjoying it :oD

Catching up on Classics (and lots more!)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Room with a View (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

E.M. Forster (other topics)