The Book Was Better discussion

GENERAL > Books being filmed in 2015!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 88 (88 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

Dana Burkey (danaburkey) | 1690 comments Mod
Found this list of books that are coming out on the big screen in 2015! Which are you most excited for? Least excited for?

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls052121517/

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 458 comments OMG THE NIGHT CIRCUS!

I thought I'd be most excited for Miss Peregrine's but daaaang, I love The Night Circus so much!

message 3: by Mrs. (new)

Mrs. O' Leary (MrsOLearysayswoaf) | 37 comments Fallen sounds like a good one. I am going to check that book out, as the plot sounds beautiful.

message 4: by Sam (last edited Jul 31, 2014 06:00PM) (new)

Sam | 606 comments OMG Pride and Prejudice and Zombies!!! haha can't wait for that one :D oooh into the woods looks good!

message 5: by Maria (new)

Maria (mkayeoo) | 41 comments AHHHH WHAT! SO MANY ADAPTIONS!
excited for the night circus, avengers, fifty shades, insurgent, mockingjay and ms peregrine :D

It's good for the fandoms but I kind of miss when movie makers made movies from their own creative imagination.

message 6: by Danelia (new)

Danelia (daneliaxoxo) I'm excited for If I Stay, Insurgent, Mockingjay, Love Rosie, Paper Towns... THE MAZE RUNNER. gosh so many!!! :D

message 7: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Scott No no no, not Fallen!! One of the most disappointing books I have ever read! But yay Mockingjay and Insurgent!! :)

message 8: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

I have not read Fallen, but I think it is sitting somewhere on my "to read" list....

I feel like this past year was a good movie year for books, and we have another good one to come!

But, I have to agree with Maria that I miss movies that were just made to make a movie. I don't know if all the ideas have been used up, or people are just more likely to see something they already know, but I don't know the last time I saw a good movie that was not a book first....

Caitlin "Sparkie" (csparkiem) I am so excited for Paper Towns after TFIOS I know if will be a wonderful adaption of the book.

Caitlin "Sparkie" (csparkiem) It sounds like Twilight...

message 11: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

Hahaha. Yeah, sounds like twilight indeed! Well, I'll be taking that one off the list for sure! Thank for saving me some reading time! :D

message 12: by Maria (new)

Maria (mkayeoo) | 41 comments @G.d. totally agree with you, the books are such a waste of time. The Fallen series is probably the worst book series I've ever read.

message 13: by Maria (new)

Maria (mkayeoo) | 41 comments The story is like
*Main character meets boy who seems familiar*
Then
*Fights to be with him*
*Always gets into trouble and needs to be saved*
*Whines about how her fate sucks*
*Repeat another hundred times*

message 14: by Maria (new)

Maria (mkayeoo) | 41 comments YES OMG. Like, honestly, the third book Passion could have been cut from the story line if Daniel had just been upfront about her past lives. Literally she just goes back through time to her past selves, gets into a bunch of trouble and makes everyone look through time for her. Most stupid heroine ever. I agree! It could've been more than a poor sappy love story.

message 15: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

Hahahaha! I am so glad we chatted about the book here before I waisted my time reading it!!! Sounds like twilight but worse, cuz the author likely knew twilight exhausted and still wrote the crappy book!!!

message 16: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kayuen) | 5 comments Caitlin wrote: "I am so excited for Paper Towns after TFIOS I know if will be a wonderful adaption of the book."

Same! So excited for Paper Towns to come out in theaters. Did you hear that Nat Wolff, who plays Isaac in TFIOS is going to play Quentin in Paper Towns?!

message 17: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kayuen) | 5 comments Anyone else looking forward to Gone Girl in theaters?!

message 18: by Deema (new)

Deema Al Surayaa (dyalsurayaa) Is paper towns coming out in 2015? Because omg nat wolf and cara delevigne

message 19: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

I looked on IMDB. It says June 19th 2015. :)

message 20: by AI (new)

AI (jaggedfoxes) | 22 comments I found another site that shows what books will turn into movies in 2015

http://www.csmonitor.com/Books/2014/0...

message 21: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

Thanks for sharing!!! :)

message 22: by Landen (new)

Landen | 73 comments Hands down Age of Ultron

message 23: by Necole (new)

Necole  | 1 comments Super excited for Fifty Shades and Mockingjay!!!

message 24: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kayuen) | 5 comments Gone Girl was unbelievable!!! Highly recommend seeing it (but read the book first of course)!

message 25: by Glenn (new)

Glenn Conley (gecizzle) Necole wrote: "Super excited for Fifty Shades and Mockingjay!!!"

lmao, I thought you said Fifty Shades of Mockingjay. Now, that would be an awesome movie!

message 26: by Kaleah (new)

Kaleah | 5 comments Let's see, where do I begin? These are my favourite kind of books -- the kind that I can read and imagine with, and then watch a film to see how much of my imagination was correct :)

I am excited for the following adaptations:
Insurgent
Mockingjay Part 1
Mockingjay Part 2
Avengers-Age of Ultron
Inferno
NARNIA?!?? YES!!

Not so thrilled:
Annie

message 27: by Sam (new)

Sam | 606 comments What about Annie are you not looking forward to? I don't mind re visiting the movie, I just hope they aren't going to change the song's! plus will miss the red hair and freckles :D

message 28: by Kaleah (new)

Kaleah | 5 comments The original is just such a classic... and Jamie Foxx? I dont know... just seems they will ruin it for me

message 29: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kayuen) | 5 comments Danelia wrote: "I'm excited for If I Stay, Insurgent, Mockingjay, Love Rosie, Paper Towns... THE MAZE RUNNER. gosh so many!!! :D"

What is Love Rosie?? I've never heard of it!!

message 30: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

I think Annie could be a really cool update/new version! I am excited for that one for sure!! Although I kind of wish it was coming out later since now my theater group can't do it...haha!

message 31: by Mary (new)

Mary I am not excited about Shades of Grey.

message 32: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

DITTO! I refuse to read the book, and when I was at the theaters it came on and I was totally disgusted! I don't think it is okay that the movie was even made, let alone that they are playing previews for it before movies!(even if it was before Lucy....a truly terrible movie!)

message 33: by Mary (new)

Mary Dana wrote: "DITTO! I refuse to read the book, and when I was at the theaters it came on and I was totally disgusted! I don't think it is okay that the movie was even made, let alone that they are playing previ..."

The thing that bothers me the most about Shades of Grey is that this is actually a Fan-Fiction of Twilight, that became so frkn popular they had to print this shitty thing. And of course they changed the names from Edward and Bella to Anastasia and Christian.

I found this out while reading the first book. Thought I'd give it a try but it was way to similar to Twilight and then I googled it. I was so disappointed with the whole book industry.

message 34: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

Yeah, I heard that not long after the book started getting popular. It is just ridiculous. It makes me sad that things like that can get published in the first place....

message 35: by Landen (new)

Landen | 73 comments Speaking of Marvel related movies, the new Deadpool test footage leaked in you tube and it is hilarious.

message 36: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kayuen) | 5 comments Mockingjay is coming out so soon!!! Can't wait!!!!

message 37: by Kaylie (new)

Kaylie Du omg Mockingjay, Insurgent, Into the Woods, Scorch Trials *-*

message 38: by J (new)

J A | 86 comments Deadpool movie? Nice

message 39: by Dana (new)

Dana (harmonyslovehp) | 72 comments Kaylie wrote: "omg Mockingjay, Insurgent, Into the Woods, Scorch Trials *-*"

I'm excited for all of those, especially Into the Woods!

message 40: by Audra (new)

Audra (DivergentHungerGames22) I CAN'T wait for Paper Towns, Into THe Woods, Scorch Trials, Insurgent and Mockingjay Part 2!!!
Even though White Bird In A Blizzard came out this year I want to see it.
There are MANY more, I just can't name them all!!!

Perksofbeingnerdy | 20 comments Into the woods is being made into a movie!?!?

message 42: by Audra (new)

Audra (DivergentHungerGames22) Ya, I didn't realize that either!!!

message 43: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

That is one all the girls in my theater group talk about. They are border lined obsessed, so I almost feel like it is "finally" coming out, since I have heard about it for SO LONG from them! haha

message 44: by Sam (new)

Sam | 606 comments It looks good doesn't it! love the make up work on Meryl Streep.
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=me...

message 45: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

I know you mentioned it in a deleted thread, but I have not seen Exodus: Gods and Kings yet, but it looks really good!!!!

message 46: by Sam (new)

Sam | 606 comments yeah I know! I'm debating whether I want to see E:GaK in 3D or not... :D sorry love the abbreviate E:GaK haha small things that amuse :P

message 47: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

hahah!! I love it, although it did take me a moment to get it!!! I feel like that would be one I would actually want to see in 3D...and I don't like 3D usually...

message 48: by Breann (new)

Breann Waldrep (ladygeekface) They're making a movie of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies?! That sounds kind of hilarious.

I can't wait for Mockingjay Pt 2, Insurgent, Into the Woods, Shiver, Infinity, Wicked Lovely, The Scorch Trials, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.. so many!

message 49: by Liam (new)

Liam (perksofbeingafanboy) 2015 is going to be one exciting year for book to movie adaptations!!

message 50: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

I feel like there are not only a lot of them, but also a lot of good ones! There have been some not so great ones in the last few years, so maybe some of these new ones will make up for them!! :D

« previous 1