The Urban Fiction Book Corner discussion

The Locks Hated On With A Smile
This topic is about The Locks Hated On With A Smile
Hot new read! > African American Drug Game in Miami, Fl in the 80's

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Torry Terry | 2 comments hello my name is Torry Terry, and I am the Author of the book "The Locks Hated on with a smile." I am from Miami Florida and was lucky enough to have a stepfather who was one of the original Gangsters from a city called Opa-Locka in Miami Florida named Chilly Willie. he told me how it was in the late 80's and early 90's in Miami involving the African Americans. too many times we hear about the Cubans and the Colombians back then, but rarely the Black people. This inspired me to write this BASED ON A TRUE STORY book. its a book that intriguing, dramatic and a lesson learner for those in the dope game. I hope you all get the book and enjoy it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/taf/ref...

Rise | 1 comments Torry Terry wrote: "hello my name is Torry Terry, and I am the Author of the book "The Locks Hated on with a smile." I am from Miami Florida and was lucky enough to have a stepfather who was one of the original Gangst..."

Hi Torry, born and raised in Dade County myself I don't recall Chilly Willy back then, however I am familiar with a lot of other in the Opal-Locka area that were also known back then too. And you are absolutely right that books are written by Cubans and Columbian mainly because no one has really put a true book out about the African Americans (big timers) actually selling drugs. I will definitely look into your book.

message 3: by Iona (new)

Iona Sawyer (ionasawyer) | 3 comments Can't wait to get. I was raised in Carol City and Naranja. I know exactly what you and your father are referring to. People laugh when I say I see Miami/ Dade County is its own State b/c of all the lil cities and environments in it. I look so forward to getting the book.