Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Available Beta Reader for YA and NA

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by R. (new)

R. Scarlett Hello!

I am interested in beta reading and gaining experience with critiquing and to improve my own writing. I love Young Adult and New Adult and would like to read genres from fantasy, paranormal, romance and contemporary fiction with themes or elements of friendship, romance, mythology and history.

If you wish to contact me, please message me through here and I can give you my email address.

Thank you!

Rebecca

message 2: by Kira (new)

Kira Adams | 85 comments Hey Rebecca,

I have a YA coming of age romance that I will be releasing on August 25th called Pieces of Me that I would love some last minute feedback on. Would you be interested?

message 3: by Sabina (new)

Sabina Khan Hi Rebecca,

I am just finishing up my YA Paranormal Fantasy/Romance novel based on Hindu mythology (approx. 100,000 words) and I am looking for beta readers. I am hoping for feedback regarding characters and plot. If you are interested please email me at sabinakk@hotmail.com.
Thanks,
Sabina

message 4: by Lara (new)

Lara Fanning (larafanning) | 9 comments Hi Rebecca,

I have a YA novel that I need BETA readers for. It is targeted at a younger audience, and is a utopian/ dystopian, adventure, action novel, with little flecks of sci-fi and romance throughout it (similar to the hunger games genre).
Would you be interested in this? It is 80,000 words long and has been professionally edited, but I need some BETA readers to see what they think of it, as I have positively read the manuscript to death and can no longer see it with a clear eye.

Thanks in advance,
Lara

If you're interested, please email me at animal_girl333@hotmail.com for I don't check goodreads very often.

message 5: by Jonny (new)

Jonny Aviv (javivworks) | 13 comments Hey Rebecca! I am a new writer and looking for betas for my fantasy book NETHERLIGHT: THE SUMMONER'S TOMB. I am in the process of sending queries to agents and would love extra pairs of eyes on my query and first chapter. Please email me at javivworks@gmail.com if you would like for me to send you my material. Thanks so much!

message 6: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Fernandez (torissanikole) | 14 comments Hi! I have a book I need beta readers for, if you're interested.

Title: Being Human
Genre: Sci-Fi/Supernatural
Words (so far, as this is in progress): 16,000

"I have always had elaborate and action-packed dreams and imaginings. I have also always loved adventure vids, and gobble up any book I can get my hands on. But this...I've never thought any of those worlds would leak into my life like this. I can't describe it. I was just hit by it.
The danger.
The insanity.
Our situation is impossibly fictitious yet more real than anything I've ever experienced. My life is on the line, all I've ever known has been torn to shreds and burned, and here I am cavorting about with the carriers of this disaster.
Is it strange that I'm not regretting it? That I'm enjoying it? That I am glad my old life has been left in the dust?
Does it really matter?" --Asheik

All her life, (aside from the 10 of her 17 years she can't remember due to a strange case of amnesia) Asheik has noticed an undercurrent of something wrong. The Purpose Organization is in control of everything. They see your every move, hear everything you say, and sometimes even manipulate how you think. But when by chance she meets Drake, a young refugee, she and her friend, Phaiara, know something is definitely wrong. With the Purpose Organization--the mysterious head of the world's government--now chasing the three of them, they are forced to uncover the Government's deeply buried past, and how it may be tied to them, if they plan on having any future.

If you're interested, pm me or email me at v.spiderstorm@gmail.com

Thanks! :)

message 7: by Shelby (new)

Shelby Morrison (shelbykmorrison) | 30 comments Hi Rebecca!

My name is Shelby K. Morrison and I'm actively searching for betas for the first book in what I hope to be a four book Fantasy series. I hope to provide the book in a month or so. It is 96k words. I would provide a questionnaire to fill out. I'm looking for most big picture things such as character, plot holes, boring parts, etc. As thanks you will receive the free published ebook in the format of your choice. The back copy is below. You can respond through Goodreads or email me at shelby.morrison90@yahoo.com . Thank you so much!

In the land of Dyel, Benders are feared. In the Kingdom of Tharien, they are hunted. Aia Wynnald has managed to keep her blood a secret. Until she nearly kills her brother with her uncontrolled power. Determined to set things back to normal, Aia has no problem facing her punishment. That is until she unwittingly disturbs a vengeance in slumber for the last two decades.
Illcina, a feared Bender of legends, demands Aia's help to take her revenge on Tharien. Now Aia is faced with a choice. Deliver justice to the people who despise her or attempt the impossible and try to save them. Can Aia accept what she is and use the power she swore to never use? And if so, how will she use it?

message 8: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle Crowley | 9 comments Hi Rebecca! I am looking for a beta reader to review my YA fantasy novel, The Trinity Knot. It is a fantasy novel surrounding Celtic mythology and is approximately 86,000 words. I am looking for all kinds of feedback. I've posted a synopsis below, please email me at louisagwright@gmail.com if you are interested. Thanks!

Haunted by the whispers, secrets and inexplicable incidents that have always ruled her life, fifteen year old Addison West has never really been normal. And then the Defenders show up. Suddenly Addy is launched headfirst into another world, a world of magic and myths. The world of Faeries. Now the target of a vicious assassin determined to claim the Faerie throne, Addy is whisked away to a mystical island off the coast of Galway, Ireland, where she will supposedly be safe. But safe does not exist for Addy. Her only key to survival lies in her enchanted birthstone that has been lost in the human world for over a decade. Putting her trust in the sassy and badass Assana, the quiet genius, Seamus, and the incredibly charming sword fighter, Patrick, Addy leaves the safety of her new world behind in order to find the missing sapphire and prevent the destruction of everything she has ever known.