Spaztic Readers discussion

2018 Archives > June 2018: Diana's BOTM: Beneath the Sugar Sky by Seanan McGuire

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana (new)

Diana | 25 comments Mod
For June I chose the third book in the Wayward Children's series. I'm loving this series and after this one I'll finally be caught up! I loved Sumi in book 1 so I can't wait to see if her daughter can bring her back. Let me know if you'll be reading this one with me and what you think of it.

Synopsis:
Beneath the Sugar Sky returns to Eleanor West's Home for Wayward Children. At this magical boarding school, children who have experienced fantasy adventures are reintroduced to the "real" world.

Sumi died years before her prophesied daughter Rini could be born. Rini was born anyway, and now she’s trying to bring her mother back from a world without magic.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

If I cant actually get the books I will read them with you!

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan (ReadingRover) | 45 comments Mod
This book is sooo good!!!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Stopppppppp!!!!! I still dont have the books! lol! I need this series!!!!

message 5: by Diana (new)

Diana | 25 comments Mod
I just finished this one! I loved it! We get to see and hear about so many different worlds. I hope we get to see more of Cora's world. So far I like the logical worlds more than the nonsense ones.

message 6: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne | 36 comments I read this and liked it because Seanan McGuire is one of my favorite authors. But this isn't my favorite series by her. There are some aspects that I think are great, but I just can't seem to connect to any of the characters.