Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books & Editions > "Get a Copy" Buttons

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tom (new)

Tom Sheridan (tomsheridan) | 2 comments The Streets: An LP Novel

Hi All,

I'm a first time author trying to figure out how to:

1) provide the correct link for the Amazon button under "Get a Copy." (That correct link is https://www.amazon.com/Streets-LP-Nov...)

2) delete the other buttons as my book is not yet available on other platforms.

Any help would be immensely appreciated. Thank you!

Tom

message 2: by rivka, Former Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45527 comments Mod
Book links to other sites are customized on a per-user basis (each user chooses theirs), not a per-book basis. So there is no way to delete the other buttons.

Your book currently has two editions. A paperback and an unspecified format with ISBN 1732175802 / 9781732175808.

The edition you linked on Amazon would be a 3rd edition, with format Kindle and ASIN B07BY8MZR1. You will want to add that edition, or a librarian can do so for you if you prefer.

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments Created Kindle edition -
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

message 4: by Tom (new)

Tom Sheridan (tomsheridan) | 2 comments rivka, Michael-- Thank you both very much! The non-Kindle non-Paperback third edition is one I had created pre-today. I listed the Kindle edition with an ISBN rather than an ASIN. 1732175802 / 9781732175808. Guess I'm stuck with that third edition, huh?

Going to bed on the West Coast but will look out for any further insight tomorrow. You two have been a big help already. Thanks!

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments If your ebook is not available anywhere except Amazon, we can delete the edition with ISBN 9781732175808

message 6: by Tom (new)

Tom Sheridan (tomsheridan) | 2 comments Awesome. Right now, I’m Amazon only. I plan on being multiple platforms in 90 days. So long as I can re-create any editions I need in the future...yes, please delete that third version. Tremendous help. Thanks!

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments Thanks for confirming. It will be gone in a few mins

message 8: by Tom (new)

Tom Sheridan (tomsheridan) | 2 comments Yep it all looks perfect now. Thanks Michael!