Tournament of Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2018 Summer TOB > Summer TOB General

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited May 31, 2018 08:02PM) (new)

This thread is for any general info, comments, and/or questions about the 2018 Summer Reading Challenge. To kick off the event, here is the link to the official announcement, which includes the books, hosts, judges and schedule: https://themorningnews.org/article/we...

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy (asawatzky) | 1740 comments Thanks Tina!
Looks like we’ll be discussing the first 109 pages of Tomb Song this Wednesday, June 6th.
Looking forward to seeing this book in conversation!

message 3: by Gwendolyn (new)

Gwendolyn | 192 comments I’ve got to get reading Tomb Song....I was hoping An American Marriage would be first up since I’ve already read that one (along with everyone else, it seems). Excited about this Summer TOB!!

message 4: by Ehrrin (new)

Ehrrin | 114 comments Gwendolyn wrote: "I’ve got to get reading Tomb Song....I was hoping An American Marriage would be first up since I’ve already read that one (along with everyone else, it seems). Excited about this Summer TOB!!"

Same! Gah. I can't keep up. I was just going to start Priestdaddy.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisgitt) | 88 comments Ehrrin wrote: "Same! Gah. I can't keep up. I was just going to start Priestdaddy. "

I'm still waiting for Priestdaddy from the library, but I think I can keep up with the Summer TOB. I started Tomb Song today, and I'm a fast reader.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Ehrrin wrote: "Gah. I can't keep up. I was just going to start Priestdaddy..."

I'm feeling rushed and overwhelmed with ToB reading, too. I hope these summer books are going to be worth rearranging my TBR priorities.

message 8: by Amy (new)

Amy (asawatzky) | 1740 comments thanks Bob! I'm looking forward to discussion!

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Arnold | 961 comments Just a note that the Circe e-book is on sale today, for $4.99...

message 10: by Janet (new)

Janet (justjanet) | 649 comments Too bad the Whispersync price is not discounted too. The audio is wonderful.

message 11: by Bretnie (new)

Bretnie | 505 comments Voting is in! Census wins! What an interesting group of competitors this year with unexpected outcomes!

https://themorningnews.org/article/th...

Be sure to read Nozlee's news!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks for posting the link, Bretnie.

message 13: by Heather (new)

Heather (hlynhart) | 334 comments They also mentioned the longlist will be coming out Nov. 12th!

message 14: by Alison (new)

Alison Hardtmann (ridgewaygirl) | 470 comments Heather wrote: "They also mentioned the longlist will be coming out Nov. 12th!"

Yay! But also, that is a long time to wait.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.