Play Book Tag discussion

The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August
Archive: Other Books > The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August - Claire North (4 1/2 stars)

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cora (corareading) | 1453 comments I read this book in honor of Denizen.

The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August - Claire North

4 1/2 stars

For Harry August, death is not final. Whenever he dies he is reborn back at the beginning of his life to live it again. This sounds a little bit like, Life After Life, but unlike the main character in that story, Harry always remembers everything that happened to him in previous iterations of his life. There are others like Harry who also live in a continuous loop and make up a community that spans centuries of our time. One day, those from the future send a message to those of the past that something is going wrong with time and the end of the world has been sped up. Harry has to find out what is happening and why and try to stop it.

I really enjoyed this book. It asked some interesting questions and approached the time loop story in a unique way. The beginning of the book moves a bit slow and the structure may be a bit confusing, but about half way through the book it all comes together as the plot finally takes off. As you read the second part of the book, the first part makes sense. I recommend it to others that enjoy time travel/time loop books and who have the patience to read through the slow and winding start.

message 2: by JoLene (new) - added it

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments Glad you liked this. It’s on my TBR so I’m looking forward to picking it up.