Spaztic Readers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2018 Archives > June Readathon

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 21, 2018 07:36AM) (new)

So we have a readathon from the 24th to the 30th! Hopefully this readathon will go better from our last one. I will remind everyone a few days before the readathon! Who will be joining us for this readathon!

This month we are putting up another point system. But this time, we have a small prize in mind. I'm not going to state just yet what the prize will be, but whoever has the most points during the readathon will have it mailed to them after the readathon is over.

So here is your list for points for the readathon this month:

~A character that has a birthday in June: 2 points (each)
~A book with a character who is LGBTQ+ or SAGA representation: 2 points (each)
~A book that has a multicultural cast of characters: 5 points
~A book with a lot of outdoor action: 1 point
~Visiting several locations in a book(s): 1 point (each location)

That's it. Super simple. You can use the same book to get these points or multiple different books. Keep track of your score and we will review it at the end of the readathon. I will message the winner at the end and announce them to other members.

We are super excited to see how this goes!

Happy Reading!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Readathon started today!!!

message 3: by Ryan (new)

Ryan (librarianryan) | 9 comments Currently reading Sadie by Courtney Summers

No idea what is in store (a friend whats my copy so I am trying to get it read and sent before the book actually come out.

BTW - what does SAGA stand for?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Sexual And Gender Acceptance. :)

message 5: by Ryan (new)

Ryan (librarianryan) | 9 comments Okay that makes since. First time I heard it put that way. And when i was trying to look it up I kept getting Saga, Vol. 1 (Saga, #1) by Brian K. Vaughan

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol. True. LBTQ+ is unfortunately not completely inclusive. SAGA is a little more wide ranged to EVERYONE. Lol.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm starting out this readathon reading The Burning Maze (The Trials of Apollo, #3) by Rick Riordan , which gets at least 2 points for Apollo's character.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.