50 books to read before you die discussion

The Diary of a Young Girl
This topic is about The Diary of a Young Girl
Book Discussions - 50 Books > The Diary of a Young Girl

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Buck (spectru) The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank, the 16th book on our list of 50 books to read before you die (as The Diary of Anne Frank) is our group read for June 2018.

We previously discussed this book in February of 2012. Here is the link to that discussion: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Buck (spectru) I read this about five years ago. I thought I had written a review of it, but apparently not. I remember that the writing matured as the diary continued. Anne started writing as a child and as she grew, so did her writing.

Annie (annie_thomas) Lost lives...
This was a very difficult book to read.
I am glad books like this exist which tells how war/violence/tragedies affects it's victims.

Christine I read this about 18 months ago and I thought how clever and insightful she was for someone so young, especially living under such terrible conditions.

Annie (annie_thomas) Christine wrote: "I read this about 18 months ago and I thought how clever and insightful she was for someone so young, especially living under such terrible conditions."

I felt the same, especially as compared to current generation (like my son who is of similar age)