Spaztic Readers discussion

2018 Archives > June 2018: BOTM Make It Out Alive - Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited May 31, 2018 05:41PM) (new)

Hello everyone! Our book of the month for June is Children of Blood and Bone! Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi

Summary:
Zélie Adebola remembers when the soil of Orïsha hummed with magic. Burners ignited flames, Tiders beckoned waves, and Zelie’s Reaper mother summoned forth souls.

But everything changed the night magic disappeared. Under the orders of a ruthless king, maji were targeted and killed, leaving Zélie without a mother and her people without hope.

Now, Zélie has one chance to bring back magic and strike against the monarchy. With the help of a rogue princess, Zélie must outwit and outrun the crown prince, who is hell-bent on eradicating magic for good.

Danger lurks in Orïsha, where snow leoponaires prowl and vengeful spirits wait in the waters. Yet the greatest danger may be Zélie herself as she struggles to control her powers—and her growing feelings for the enemy.

I'm super excited to be getting to this book so soon considering all the hype that is surrounding it! Will you be joining us for this book of the month? Let us know!

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan (ReadingRover) | 45 comments Mod
I may splurge and get this through Audible. I really want to read/ listen to it. I was so mad because I signed up for her at BookExpo and they only gave a poster not the book.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Really!? that sucks. I want to go to BookCon!

message 4: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne | 36 comments I am listening to the audiobook right now. It is long I am only about 4 hours into and I am loving this so far. It is sooo good.

message 5: by Megan (new)

I just started this audiobook too and I’m only like an hour in and I’m already loving it!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I am only 25 books in and I love it too!

message 7: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne | 36 comments I am at 11 hours on the audible book and i am still loving it. I can't wait to see what happens.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I've had a bad week at work so I haven't gotten to read much but I got to page 50! will read more tonight I hope!

message 9: by Megan (new)

I’m at about the same spot as Roxanne. I’ve got 7 hrs 45 min left. The narrator is great. She did the Ibi Zoboi book American Street and that was really good too.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm determined to read more today.

message 11: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne | 36 comments It is a long audible book, but I have to say that I really have enjoyed everything so far.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I got to page 100. Everything is so intense.

message 13: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne | 36 comments It is full of action, I am more than half way through and it has been non stop the whole time.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

You're way ahead of me. lol. I hope I can finish this book soon. I didnt want to put it down the last hour. But I'm at work so i must.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm barely on page 152 and already so much has happened and I dont even know what to expect anymore from this book.

message 16: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne | 36 comments It is just non stop. I am about 4 hours away from being finished and the action is ramping up. Like i am scared to keep listening.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Dont tell me that! I'm at page 202. It's my day off so I wanna either finish this book or read a big chunk of it tonight. I'm so nervous about even getting half way let alone finishing the book!

message 18: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne | 36 comments I haven't listened to any more today, but i am nervous about what happens next.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Just finished this book and I feel personally attacked by the author for that ending!!!!!

message 20: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne | 36 comments Oh no, I still have 3 hours to go and I am on the edge of my seat already. I am so afraid of what is going to happen.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol you're stalling. good plan. I should have done that!

message 22: by Megan (new)

I finished last night! Those last 3 hours are all out bat sh*t crazy! Freakin insanity! I was like WHAT then I was like WHOA then I was like NOOO then WHAT then HOLY ROLLERCOASTER RIDE BATMAN! Then I passed out and was utterly spent after all the emotional devastation I’d been through.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I was like that too! at some points I was like "Oh yeah I know where this is going" then they'd get there and I'd be "wait! but I still have like 400 pages left? what's going on!" and by the end I was like "WHAT IS HAPPENING!!!???"

message 24: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne | 36 comments Ya'll don't tell me that I still have 3 hours left and I am so nervous. I already think a lot of bad things are on the verge of happening. Ahh now I am scared to finish it.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Finish it!!!!

message 26: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne | 36 comments I am under 3 hours now. I ask hoping i can finish today and tomorrow.

message 27: by Roxanne (last edited Jun 26, 2018 09:17AM) (new)

Roxanne | 36 comments Oh my word is the next book out yet.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

we still have a year's wait for it...

message 29: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne | 36 comments Ugh I need to know what is going to happen next.

message 30: by Diana (new)

Diana | 25 comments Mod
Just caught up! That ending was so good! Reading your comments made me nervous about what was going to happen lol. Book 2 comes out in March so that's not too bad of a wait at least.

message 31: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne | 36 comments Diana wrote: "Just caught up! That ending was so good! Reading your comments made me nervous about what was going to happen lol. Book 2 comes out in March so that's not too bad of a wait at least."

I know they finished the book before me and I was so afraid to listen to the rest of it.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Don't blame us! Lol. I like zoomed through the last 300 pages cause I couldn't put it down!