YA Book Addicts discussion

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) Do you have any friend problems? We're here to listen and support and help you through them!

message 2: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Jordyn | 2757 comments Mod
Hey guys so I'm going to a new school this year and I'm Super nervous about it I hate the fact I'll be the new girl and nt know anyone. It's not like I had lots of friends at my old school (basically the opposite) but I'm scared about making friends. I'm not very good at it. I don't trust people well and I'm kind of a complicated person. I just don't know what to do...school starts Monday and I'm so freakin worried. Any advice?

message 3: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

I'm also not good at bein myself considering it always ends with my friends leaving me or prevents me from having any. So now I tend to act how people want me to..
I hope so. Just it seems so hard to do.
Can't help it. I stress a lot over everything/:

message 4: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Sorry my phone died.

I mean I get you shouldn't be who people want you to but it just seems like the only way to be accepted you know? I go on acting like I'm a confident, happy, non-caring what people think, unemotional when really I'm not any of that. I basically act the way I want to be. Also acting how people want me to just seems to be he best way to fit in and have people like me. And being "myself" I don't even know who that is anymore.

I'm trying to tell myself this will be exciting and an adventure but I always see the negative in things so it's really hard. I'm trying not to get stressed but I'm still so nervous/;

I hope so but I'm also kinda scared to make friends and then have them ditch on me like everyone else.

And if no one wants to hang out with me then what? I can't be myself. I just can't. I've been myself for a while and then I started to change myself and now I know I can't be myself.
Thanks for listening and talking to me by the way!

message 5: by FangirlNina (new)

FangirlNina (spocktapus210) | 742 comments Hey guys so my school has three sections for each grade (Red, Blue, Purple, you get the gist)
Last year I made some really close friends, the only ones I've made for four years. I recently recorded the section I was on for the year, and all of my friends am I are spread out. I'm with two friends, but I'm still really sad :(

message 6: by M (new)

M (pink2) | 18 comments FangirlNina wrote: "Hey guys so my school has three sections for each grade (Red, Blue, Purple, you get the gist)
Last year I made some really close friends, the only ones I've made for four years. I recently recorde..."

you can still hang out with them after school?

message 7: by M (new)

M (pink2) | 18 comments If anyone wants to Skype message me, so bored

message 8: by FangirlNina (new)

FangirlNina (spocktapus210) | 742 comments @Mia
Yeah, but one does 15 hours of dance a week, one does karate, one does ballet, one does fiddle, etc
I don't do any extracurricular stuff but many of my friends are into theatre, and I am too! I was thinking about auditioning for the school play, but it's three hours every day of the whole week!!!

message 9: by Christina (new)

Christina Gizzi | 915 comments Do it!!! It will be the best decision you've ever made, and you will get to hang out with your friends.

message 10: by FangirlNina (new)

FangirlNina (spocktapus210) | 742 comments Aw thanks, I've only been in my elementary school play, which was a mess. And we got a new music teacher, so I just hope I get into he play! I can't sing that well though. I'll try it!

message 11: by Christina (new)

Christina Gizzi | 915 comments Trying is all that matters, and if you don't make it you could always help out on sets and stuff for the show.

message 12: by M (new)

M (pink2) | 18 comments Christina is right u should try it

message 13: by Ron (new)

Ron Scheer | 60 comments if you want some advice from someone who didn't do those kind of things in high school. here it is.

Take every advantage to do the things you'd like to, before life makes you do the things you have to.

message 14: by Tayma (new)

Tayma  | 214 comments @ron Exactly. Take risks and try instead of waiting for the right time to come, cuz it might never show up.

message 15: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 461 comments Jordyn wrote: "Hey guys so I'm going to a new school this year and I'm Super nervous about it I hate the fact I'll be the new girl and nt know anyone. It's not like I had lots of friends at my old school (basical..."

Hey, sorry if I'm late. But I just wanted to say I know exactly what you mean. I don't even think about it anymore, I automatically morph into something the other person is like. It's frustrating when that happens but I wouldn't stress out too much over your whole situation. In the end it will only make making friends harder and won't do you any good. And it's fine to be nervous but just remember it'll be okay. Everything will be just fine. Maybe not that day or even the next month but at some point it will be and honestly, try to think realistically. I think that would help keep the worst-case scenarios at bay. And if at the end of the day, you're not content with the friends you have or the lack thereof, then make some friends yourself. Go up to the shy kid sitting by him/herself. To the smart but friendly kid sitting alone wherever. They're probably in the same boat as you and just as eager to make new friends. Chances are those will be the friends that won't bail either :)

message 16: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Kelsey-Yeah same. And i can't not stress because I literally stress out over everything. It's hard to believe it will get better when it hasn't already though. And I try to be positive about it and everything but I think being realistic is knowing the positive and the negative. Not every situation will be good and yeah also not everything will be bad but still. And yes that sound like a good idea. Thanks!

message 17: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 461 comments Sorry, I'm late getting back. I didn't see the notification. :)

I think school already started for you, so how did it go? And I can be wrong about everything I've said, but I'm not wrong about that. Things will get better. Things have to. It's simply impossible that things will always be bad for you or for anyone else. So, I'm not just saying it as some excuse to get you to feel better, it's the truth. Just believe in that above anything else. And yeah, realistic thinking is good. I much prefer that over being overly-optimistic or exceptionally pessimistic but at the same time it's completely easy to get wrapped up in the negative. Just make sure you count the things you're grateful for, that might help take the worry or stress away. And yeah, I really think that that might be a good idea :D I'm moving soon so I'll be starting a new school and if my cunning charm doesn't work out, I'm hoping that maybe that idea will work for me :)