YA Book Addicts discussion

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) Do you have any family problems? We're here to listen and support and help you through them!

message 2: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

Erin (eisawesome) | 1215 comments Mod
How do you get over something that has been in your life for so long and them doesn't happen

message 3: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Jordyn | 2757 comments Mod
Can you specify??

message 4: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

My nana died and I always went up to see her and this year I could (obviously)and I don't know how to get over it

message 5: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

I'm sorry about you nana! Well if this is the first year of not seeing her after every year it's going to be sad): maybe do things that remind you of her (if it's not too painful). Or call your grandpa? Just know it will get easier as time goes on and next year maybe you'll feel a little better when the time comes?

message 6: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

Oh my grandpa is dead too, and thanks

message 7: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Oh I'm sorry. Well maybe just distract yourself? You can message me if it helps! Or you can surround yourself with your family who probably is going through what you are.
No prob

message 8: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

I am distracting myself right now, for some reason it distracts me when I talk about it, and my grandpa died when I was real young so I never really met jim

message 9: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Okay then talk about it all you want(: yeah its like it wastes time so in the end it's distracting!
Oh okay

message 10: by Kynkynsmc (new)

Kynkynsmc (little infinities) | 152 comments Yea. My grandpa died when I was young and my grandma died about a year ago. It's tough. I'm sorry about yours

message 11: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

Thanks, ok distracting my self. She rimed me of prunes, a book store, and a tropical flower

message 12: by Kynkynsmc (new)

Kynkynsmc (little infinities) | 152 comments Mine too!

message 13: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

Let's see distraction, she liked to read, she had red hair but it was like an old white Afro(making me laugh helps too), and she drove a really old car

message 14: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Hahah aw she sounds so cute!

message 15: by Kynkynsmc (new)

Kynkynsmc (little infinities) | 152 comments OMG!!! My grandma she would drive her car like a little kid. She would go like "VROOM VROOM SCREECH" she she went around cars and drove like it was some sort of car racing game!

message 16: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Folded Between the Pages of Books (jessilovesbooks) Sorry to hear about your grandma, Erin! Losing someone you love sucks. I lost my mom a few years ago and I still miss her constantly. I don't think it's the type of thing that you really ever over - you just eventually learn to live with it. When I miss my mom extra hard, I deal by doing things that make me feel close to her, like baking or hiking (2 things we liked to do together). If a certain bookstore reminds you of her, maybe going there occasionally would make you feel close to her.

message 17: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

She is, was, getting used to talking about this and stuff(I must really like you guys, cause I never tell anyone this)

message 18: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

Thanks so much guys, you are so helpful, I am felling better already. It all takes time.

message 19: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Haha we like you also! Awww glad to help(: