The Living (The Living, #1)
This topic is about The Living
Book Review

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jay (new)

Jay | 13 comments The Living by Matt De La Pena

Review by Jay Lease

In The Living, written by Matt De La Pena, the protagonist of the book is named Shy. He is 18-years-old and works on a luxury cruise ship. Known as a worker, Shy meets many new people and feels as though life can’t get any better. Until a huge tsunami wave came in and swept his whole life away, leaving him a survivor with only a few people left. Shy is forced to survive being stranded in the sea, making tough decisions and risking his own life to live.

I thought the book was good, it kept me drawn in to the story. Also, it does a great job of introducing characters, conflict, and the big plot. I felt a connection with some of the characters, like what would I do if I was in that situation, or if I could physically give the character’s advice. And not only does it focus on survival, it also focuses on the family which I don’t really see too often in the books I’ve read so far. Overall I really liked the book and if you like the survival genre mixed with a bit of drama this is the book I suggest.

message 2: by Jay (new)

Jay | 13 comments Isaiah wrote: "it sounds like a good book"

If you're interested I suggest you read it. It was really good.

message 3: by Bella (new)

Bella | 15 comments Is the drama cheesy? This book sounds cool but I don't care for romance or cheesy drama.

message 4: by Jay (new)

Jay | 13 comments Bella wrote: "Is the drama cheesy? This book sounds cool but I don't care for romance or cheesy drama."

Not it's not cheesy at all. It's a sub conflict for the protagonist so it's not completely focused on the drama but more focused on the survival

message 5: by Jade (new)

Jade | 8 comments i honestly think this book might be something i will consider reading in the future to be honest but idk i might need some more information about this book before i think about reading it.

message 6: by Jay (new)

Jay | 13 comments Jade wrote: "i honestly think this book might be something i will consider reading in the future to be honest but idk i might need some more information about this book before i think about reading it."

I don't want to give away to much information because the book has really specific plot points and if I were to bring it up it would spoil the book. No one likes spoilers