Girls Made of Snow and Glass
This topic is about Girls Made of Snow and Glass
book review #2

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by AnaRose (new)

AnaRose Haley | 9 comments Girls Made of Snow and Glass by Malissa Bashardoust
Reviewed by AnaRose Haley
Princess Lynette was never born, she was magicked into existence with some snow and magicians blood. Mina should be dead from a bad heart, but she is still alive and well with a heart of glass. At sixteen years old Mina married the king of the north whose wife had supposedly died in childbirth and a new baby daughter. Princess Lynette always looked up to her step mother Mina, but Mina was forced to keep her at an arm's length her whole life because of the king and his creepy devotion to his late wife, Lynette's "real mother". With Lynette's sixteenth birthday rapidly approaching and a mysterious hunting accident everything will turn upside down and Lynette and Mina are pitted against each other. They must fight for the crown and outwit the evil magician that gave them both life.
I really enjoyed this book. The characters were well developed and unique, they each added to the story. The book was supposed to be based off the Snow White fairytale but I didn’t see it at all. The snow white I’m used to lives in the woods with dwarves because her evil step mother is trying to kill her and must be woken up with a kiss. None of these things are in the story, the only way I can see it being similar to snow white is because Lynette is literally made out of snow. One of the only things I didn’t like about the book was the pacing. It was written so one chapter was from Lynette’s perspective in present time and the next would be Mina’s perspective but from the past like in her childhood. It made the book a little confusing at first, but I got used to it soon. This was a fun read and I can’t wait to read new books the author writes in the future.

message 2: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 12 comments This sounds like a really good book. Is this part of a series or is it a standalone novel.

message 3: by AnaRose (new)

AnaRose Haley | 9 comments Catherine wrote: "This sounds like a really good book. Is this part of a series or is it a standalone novel." So far this author has only written this one book, I don't know if it's going to be a series or not

message 4: by Sam (new)

Sam | 9 comments this seem like a very good independent book

message 5: by Sophia (new)

Sophia | 16 comments I think that this could be very loosely based off of Snow White in theme, rather than actual up front components of the story. A series that directly references fairy tails and builds up off of them in a sci-fi story is the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer, and she's finished the series so you don't have to wait for the new installments. The first book is Cinder if you're interested in the series, and they can go by really quickly.

message 6: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 12 comments This book sounds so goo to read. Did this Luther make more books?