Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Promotions > New Historical Romance - BWWM

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by G.S. (new)

G.S. Carr (gscarr) | 41 comments The Cost of Hope

Available tomorrow June 1, 2018!

Loving vs. Virginia was the 1967 landmark court case of the US Supreme Court that overturned state laws that prohibited interracial marriage. In honor of this landmark event author G.S. Carr will be donating 50% of all of her book sales between now and June 12th (the date of the Supreme Court decision) to the American Civil Liberties Union.

This novel is set in post-Civil War America. It tells the story of Soleil, a mulatto woman who survived being abducted and sold into slavery, and Alex a former slave owner who dared to love her. Needless to say, they battle the pressures of Alabama society, but they must also face a court case of their own that could cost them everything. They must decide if their love is worth the price.

Purchase your copy now: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D79N66J

message 2: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
Thanks G.S.!

message 3: by G.S. (new)

G.S. Carr (gscarr) | 41 comments Michelle wrote: "Thanks G.S.!"

No thank you for facilitating this space where I can post!

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 244 comments What kind of sex is in this romance? Is it explicit or steamy or spicy or nonexistent?

message 5: by G.S. (new)

G.S. Carr (gscarr) | 41 comments Kathy this is a clean romance so no explicit sex scenes. i use the black out method.

message 6: by Jmelfi (new)

Jmelfi | 77 comments Will this book become available in Print?

message 7: by G.S. (new)

G.S. Carr (gscarr) | 41 comments Jmelfi wrote: "Will this book become available in Print?"

Yes. I actually just finished the print approval last night. And it said it should take about 3 days for it to show up on Amazon, but hopefully it will appear before then. :)

message 8: by Jmelfi (new)

Jmelfi | 77 comments Thanks! I don't own an eReader, so I buy Print books. I am definitely going to buy a copy. I am looking forward to reading "The Cost of Hope". Keep up the good work.

message 9: by G.S. (new)

G.S. Carr (gscarr) | 41 comments Jmelfi wrote: "Thanks! I don't own an eReader, so I buy Print books. I am definitely going to buy a copy. I am looking forward to reading "The Cost of Hope". Keep up the good work."

I went to BookCon with weekend with my cousin Teddy and he pretty much said ereaders are evil..lol. He only reads physical books and said it is all about the experience. I have to agree there is something special about having a physical copy of a book. Let me know if you enjoy the read :)

message 10: by Jmelfi (new)

Jmelfi | 77 comments "The Cost of Hope" is a realistic historical clean romance. It's an unusual love story/mystery with a happy ending. There were twists and turns that kept me riveted. The scenes of brutality were difficult for me. However, it was real, and reflected the post slavery era. I enjoyed "The Cost of Hope" a lot. You're a very talented writer. Keep up the good work.

message 11: by G.S. (new)

G.S. Carr (gscarr) | 41 comments Jmelfi wrote: ""The Cost of Hope" is a realistic historical clean romance. It's an unusual love story/mystery with a happy ending. There were twists and turns that kept me riveted. The scenes of brutality were di..."

Thank you so much! I am glade you enjoyed it. I can't even wait to share books 2-4 in that series! I am always looking for ARC readers. If you are interested in joining my team and getting my books for free drop me a line at author.gscarr@gmail.com :)