Libraries Rock Adult Summer Reading Challenge discussion

Kickoff!

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by WacoLibrary (new)

WacoLibrary | 14 comments Mod
Thanks for joining us! We're reading so many good books and you are too! Be sure to share your titles with us.

message 2: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Wiseman (gillianwiseman) | 2 comments I just started reading Martha Wells’ Murderbot Diaries #2: Artificial Condition. It is sooo good!

message 3: by Sarah-Jane (new)

Sarah-Jane Menefee | 1 comments I'm starting That Kind of Mother by Rumann Alam.

message 4: by Dena (new)

Dena (denabobena) | 1 comments I’m currently reading Love & Logic for Early Childhood. Next I will be listening to Give Them Grace. See a theme? ;)

message 5: by Susanne (new)

Susanne | 1 comments Currently reading The Missing Wife, and Everybody, Always :)

message 6: by WacoLibrary (new)

We love seeing all your titles! What awesome variety. Hope you're having fun working through your 8 books.

message 7: by Shawna (new)

Shawna B | 4 comments I've been revisiting some of the books that were assigned for summer reading when I was in school. I've finished Animal Farm, and I'm about 2/3 of the way through 1984 (they were bundled in the kindle download). I think next I'm going to either go with Ellen Foster or The Joy Luck Club.

message 8: by Gigi (new)

Gigi Lopez (gigi_lopez) | 1 comments Two books down six more to go!

message 9: by WacoLibrary (last edited Jun 15, 2018 06:20AM) (new)

That's great! I love rereading classics! And two is a great place to be!

message 10: by MMM (new)

MMM Shawna, what did you think of Animal Farm? I'm prereading books to assign to my 8th grader. Just started The Hobbit, which my 5th grade teacher read ys, but I have not read yet.

message 11: by Shawna (new)

Shawna B | 4 comments I was a freshman in high school the first time I read Animal Farm. There are some unpleasant topics discussed in it, but I would say it's a good introduction to learning about other types of government. I think that it was assigned as part of a unit about power struggles and how political power can be gained and maintained even though it is not necessarily what is best for the people being governed. It was also an option on a later list my junior or senior year when we were reading a number of futuristic novels such as Brave New World, 1984, and Fahrenheit 451.

message 12: by MMM (new)

MMM Thanks! That's helpful.

message 13: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberwallace) I am currently reading two books.

1. A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas
2. Why I'm No Longer Talking to White People About Race by Reni Eddo-Lodge

Two completely different books both fun!

message 14: by WacoLibrary (new)

Amber wrote: "I am currently reading two books.

1. A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas
2. Why I'm No Longer Talking to White People About Race by Reni Eddo-Lodge

Two completely different books both..."

Love the variety!