What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Wreckers (High Seas Adventures, #1)
This topic is about The Wreckers
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. ISO mystery fiction book about blue lights on a beach that cause shipwrecks. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brendon (new)

Brendon Grover | 3 comments Hello all, this is my first post. Just a couple years ago in high school, I read a book out of the school library that I enjoyed and I've since forgotten the title. I'm looking for a book about a main character who starts out on a ship, when the crew spots blue lights in the distance. They soon shipwreck on the island and the main character spends the book on the island. I admit I forgot most of the middle of the book, but towards the end I recall that the main character learns the blue lights on the island beach were from citizens that intentionally lure ships in to crash. My memory is vague but I also recall a few characters. There was a priest character that towards the end was revealed to be evil and was hunting the main character down. There was also a mayor of the island which the main character encounters, which if I can recall correctly he tries to attack the mayor but learns that the mayor is good and ends up helping him (I think). I also recall the mayor having a shed or horse stable with a mute "negro" that serves him. The main character talks to him at one point as well. This is all I remember from the book and hopefully one of you can figure it out from the few details I remember. Please and thank you! (Also sorry if I did anything wrong since this is my first post!)

message 2: by Brendon (new)

Brendon Grover | 3 comments Another detail: the main mystery of the book, apart from the whole island, is the blue lights. The main character hears about them throughout the story in which people tell him they're "ghosts" and whatnot, possibly to avoid him finding out about the citizens luring ships in on purpose.

message 4: by Brendon (new)

Brendon Grover | 3 comments Kym wrote: "The Wreckers by Iain Lawrence?"

YES! That's exactly it, thank you so much! Consider this topic SOLVED.

message 5: by Kym (new)

Kym | 1058 comments You’re welcome Brendon.

message 6: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1039 comments https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/7...

I hope this list will have the book you're looking for Brendon.
Good Luck!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Wreckers (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Iain Lawrence (other topics)