What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Paranormal romance- he is a vampire or just a paranormal that drinks blood and he owns his own business as a PI or detective and has a very sassy female secretary. Falls into a death like sleep in his vault bedroom

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (last edited Jun 10, 2018 10:03PM) (new)

Melissa | 13 comments It's from the women's point of view but i cant remember much about his love inters in this book only that she breaks through his walls he has built up. I read this book late 2016 early 2017 and believe it was published within the last 7 years.

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 13 comments for some reason i think he wears a trench coat, but i could be totally messing wrong, and there is another guy that is like him that comes around about half way through that he is friends with that helps him solve his cases. They also have special powers. The female in this story is human and is not his secretary but the two of them do become friends. Please help me find this book its been constantly on my mind the last two days and i cant find it anywhere.

message 3: by Kris (last edited Jun 10, 2018 11:28AM) (new)

Kris | 36601 comments Mod
- The Detective Vampire series by J.J. Jones?
- Entity series by Cat Devon?
- Felix Gomez series by Mario Acevedo?

Melissa, what's the time period and location (country, region, big city/small town)?

message 4: by Aymee (new)

Aymee (asphaltcowgrrl) | 38 comments The Vampire Files by P. N. Elrod?

Bloodlist is the first in the series.

message 5: by Melissa (last edited Jun 10, 2018 10:01PM) (new)

Melissa | 13 comments Kris it's none of those but thank you for trying. It's set in today's time frame in the USA and I believe it was in a city but I'm not for sure. Also I can't remember if in the book they referred to him as a vampire or just a paranormal that drank blood.

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 13 comments Aymee, it's not but thank you!

message 7: by Sue (new)

Sue Elleker | 860 comments One of Lyndsey Sands' Argenau series?

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 13 comments it's not any of these but thank you!

message 9: by Sam (new)

Sam Esmeralda | 34 comments Blood Price (Vicki Nelson #1) by Tanya Huff
Could it take place in Toronto, Canada, and not the US? The Blood Books with characters Henry Fitzroy and Vickey Nelson (she is the detective)?

The Shake by Mel Nicolai,
"Shake" lives in anonymity. Karla , ex-bartender, is his human. His connection is Mio Nagaishi. An envelope in the closet of his latest blood source has news documents re: husband's unsolved murder. There's a photo of a man with the word "BLOODSUCKER" on the back.

Blood Vice by Keith Melton
Vance is a vampire who is also a Mafia hitman. He preys on Boston's criminal underworld instead of innocents. Maria Ricardi tries to use him to gain power within the patriarchal crime family.

Blood Blade by Marcus Pelegrimas
Skinners are guardians that keep monsters from breaking through the the barriers that protect the mortal realm.

Thicker Than Blood by Anrdew Dudek
In Dave Carver's world you find Knights of the Round Table protecting the modern world from monsters. Swords do come into play.

message 11: by Sam (new)

Sam Esmeralda | 34 comments Thanks Kris.

message 12: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 13 comments It's none of these but thank you!

message 13: by Aspiring (last edited Jun 14, 2018 03:43AM) (new)

Aspiring Scribbler | 67 comments I haven't read it, but it sounds like the description of the Love Story series by Christopher Moore.

The first one is Bloodsucking Fiends.

message 14: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 13 comments No it's not this one but thank you

message 15: by Sam (last edited Jun 14, 2018 10:38PM) (new)

Sam Esmeralda | 34 comments Could it have been a Sookie Stackhouse novel by Charlaine Harrisl?

message 16: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 13 comments No it's not a Sookie stackhouse book but thank you Sam

message 17: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 13 comments Bump

message 18: by Kris (last edited Aug 09, 2018 01:55PM) (new)

Kris | 36601 comments Mod
Something from the Black Knight Chronicles series by John G. Hartness?

The Turned by J. Robert Kennedy?

When and how did he become a vampire?

Is this part of a series?

message 19: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 13 comments It's either a single book or just a series of two. I can't remember if he's a vampire or just a paranormal that drinks blood. I don't remember how he became this way but i think he's 80plus years old

message 20: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 13 comments I cant remember much about her. Just that she was human and that they didn't know each other in the first part of the book

message 21: by Froggirl (new)

Froggirl | 24 comments could it be one of Kerrelyn Sparks vampire series. If I remember right the vampires aren’t pi but they are a security agency. They drink their blood out of bottles or glasses

message 22: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 13 comments No it’s not a kerrelyn sparks book, but thank you.

message 23: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 13 comments Bump