Conference on English Leadership (CEL) discussion

CEL Summer Book Club - Need Input

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather | 7 comments Mod
Hello Friends,

CEL will host its first online summer book club later this summer. We'll be reading and discussing Embarrassment by Thomas Newkirk. We are considering two platforms for the online group. One opition is a private group on Facebook while the other is a private group on GoodReads. Which would our CEL readers prefer and why? All opinions are welcomed and encouraged!

Thanks so much!
Heather

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate | 2 comments I prefer FB as I use it more than Goodreads, but this would give me an opportunity to become more proficient with Goodreads. I'm game for either, but I recommend d that you cross post in both. the other question to thi k about is logistics: which platform is easier to manage behind scenes?

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1 comments I also prefer FB--I go on there more. Although, Kate brings up good questions--which would be easier to manage?

message 4: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Fearn Facebook!

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate | 2 comments I'm noticing as I participate in Penny's Booklove group that I am unable to reply to people's posts. I'm on the app on my phone, so maybe this isnt the case on the full web version. I dont feel as if I'm a conversation with the participants because everyone is posting his/her answer to the prompt. so another point to consider: which platform is better for hosting conversations? we want to build community and the only way that will occur is of we engage with one another and build relationships through our interactions.

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily | 2 comments I typically prefer Facebook, but I haven't used Goodreads for a book club before. I'm just dipping my feet into Penny's group (heading there next) so I'll see in a sec how that works. Whatever you choose, I'm game.

message 7: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Edler | 2 comments Either way will work for me.