Christian Fiction Bloggers discussion

Duo Team Challenge (6/12/18-?) > Davina & Tracy (E) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited May 31, 2018 11:12AM) (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 9610 comments Mod
Davina & Tracy, this is your thread for chatting and planning. :)

Link to Review Thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

message 3: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

RULES

*Team Roles: Assigned categories can be divvied up however each team would like. Keep in mind that for a team to complete a category, only one member of the duo needs to read a book for that category.
*Page Count: Unless the category you are completing gives a specific page count, there is NOT a minimum page count for this challenge.
*Format: You can read any format you like (eBook, audiobook, print, etc).
*Genre: As long as your book matches the instructions for the category you are completing, you can read any genre you like (picture books, poetry books, manga, travel books, fiction, nonfiction... anything goes!).
*Read Dates: You can use books you've started reading at any time, however you must finish the books on or after the challenge start date.
*Rereads: Books read for this challenge must be books you are reading for the first time (no rereads).

So, as long as you will be finishing your book for the first time during this challenge, and your book works for the category you are completing, go for it! :)

message 4: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited May 31, 2018 11:12AM) (new)

Categories:

Here are your categories, thanks to random.org. :)

*Read a suspense novel
*Read a book with 300-399 pages
*Read a historical novel
*Read a Biblical fiction novel
*Read a YA novel

*Read a book with a single man on the cover
*Read a book with a bridge on the cover
*Read a book with a moon on the cover
*Read a book with a water on the cover
*Read a book with a mostly blue cover

*Read a book with a dress on the cover
*Read a book with a baby on the cover or in title
*Read a book with a hat on the cover
*Read a book with a mostly green cover
*Read a book without people on the cover

*Read a book with a profession in the title (Doctor, midwife, etc)
*Read a book with a one word title
*Read a book with a family relationship in the title (son, daughter, mother, etc)
*Read a book that DOESN'T have the words "A, An, or The" in the title
*Read a book that DOES have the words "A, An, or The" in the title

*Read a book published in the fall (September-December)
*Read a book that is part of a series with 4+ books
*Read a book that is the last book in its series
*Read a book published in the spring (March-June)
*Read a book that is the first book in its series

*Read a book with a doctor or nurse (must include text which mentions them)
*Read a book that is set during a war
*Read a book that was not originally published this year (2018)
*Read a book with a suitcase/luggage on the cover
*Read a debut novel

message 5: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Challenge officially starts 6/12/18, so make sure you finish your books on or after that date.

message 6: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Smith (countrysunset) | 49 comments Melanie wrote: "Challenge officially starts 6/12/18, so make sure you finish your books on or after that date."

Can this list be edited as we go along to post what books we have read and when? Or do we need another list?

message 7: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

I created a spreadsheet, which you guys can use if you want. :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 8: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited May 31, 2018 02:41PM) (new)

Tracy wrote: "Melanie wrote: "Challenge officially starts 6/12/18, so make sure you finish your books on or after that date."

Can this list be edited as we go along to post what books we have read and when? Or ..."

I will keep track of the books you post in the review thread. If you guys want to plan/track what you plan on reading, are reading, etc. you can either make a new comment or you could use the spreadsheet I made (see comment above). I hope that answers your question. :)

message 9: by Vinnie (new)

Vinnie | 313 comments Great! Tracy, do you want to divide categories? I think that would be the easiest way to do this 😊

message 10: by Vinnie (new)

Vinnie | 313 comments i could do the first, third and fifth for example or however you like...

message 11: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Smith (countrysunset) | 49 comments Davina wrote: "i could do the first, third and fifth for example or however you like..."
Hi Davina, That sounds good to me, I will see what is number 2 on the list so I can get started too. :) Have you found the first book that you want to get started on?

message 12: by Vinnie (new)

Vinnie | 313 comments No not yet ☺️. Just to clarify - i meant first, third and fifth category. Is that alright?

message 13: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Smith (countrysunset) | 49 comments Davina wrote: "No not yet ☺️. Just to clarify - i meant first, third and fifth category. Is that alright?"

Oh ok I was thinking every other one in the categories, you mean every other set of them. Ok now I gotcha, so I am looking for a suspense book that I don't really need to read, lol. That's ok let me see where I need to be then. Please let me know if this is what you mean for sure. :)

message 14: by Vinnie (new)

Vinnie | 313 comments Haha, no problem, Tracy - I just thought it might be easier like that ;). But if you want to read a certain suspense or YA novel, we could just switch certain assignments. I'm really open to all suggestions.

There are a few I want to finish - like Snowdrift from Georgette Heyer for 300 - 399 pages
Un-Agoraphobic for a cover without people on it
In the Field of Grace by Tessa Afshar for biblical fiction
All Things new by Lynn Austin for Historical novel
and for a YA novel The Giver by Lois Lowry

I'm not very fond of suspense novels - so I will have to find a good one, but maybe I will leave that for later :/.
How about you?

message 15: by Vinnie (new)

Vinnie | 313 comments Also sorry if I don't express myself clearly - I'm from Austria, so English isn't my mother tongue and it could be, my wording isn't always correct ;)

message 16: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Smith (countrysunset) | 49 comments Davina, you express yourself very well. Your English is very good, so please don't worry. I am glad that we will be reading together through this challenge.

message 17: by Vinnie (new)

Vinnie | 313 comments thank you :D. Me too!

message 18: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Smith (countrysunset) | 49 comments HI Davina, Just checking in I am working on my first book for the challenge, well one of the first ones. This one is the one with the bridge on the cover. It is The Girl on the Bridge: A McCabe and Savage Thriller. Won't be long now I will be finished with it. It is pretty good. :)

message 19: by Vinnie (new)

Vinnie | 313 comments Tracy, I'm so glad to hear, you are enjoying your first book! I just finished my first for the challenge! I didn't like it all that much, but I'm sure there will be a few I will like :D.

message 20: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Smith (countrysunset) | 49 comments Hi Davina, Working on the next two for the challenge, the one with one man on the cover, The Wanderer by Robyn Carr and just took out Moonlight on the Millpond by Lori Wick for one with a moon on the cover.

message 21: by Vinnie (new)

Vinnie | 313 comments sounds great! I'm currently reading In the Fields of Grace of Tessa Afshar for a biblical era novel :)

message 22: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Smith (countrysunset) | 49 comments That sounds like a good one, Davina. I hope you enjoy it!! :)

message 23: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Smith (countrysunset) | 49 comments Good morning Davina. I just finished the second book for the challenge. How are you doing? Are you going to use the spreadsheet to list the ones that you have finished that Melanie made up? I have added my two so far on there. Just was wondering. Hope you are having a wonderful day!! :)

message 24: by Vinnie (new)

Vinnie | 313 comments Hi Tracy,
thank you so much!
I'm almost finished with two books. Where can I find the spreadsheet?
Hope, you are doing well :D.

message 25: by Vinnie (new)

Vinnie | 313 comments Oh, ok i found it! Are you putting your finished books in the review thread as well? You can find the link above.

message 26: by Vinnie (new)

Vinnie | 313 comments Hey Tracy, just checking in again - we should put our finished books into the review thread. Are you going to do that later or should I help you doing so?

message 27: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Smith (countrysunset) | 49 comments Davina wrote: "Hey Tracy, just checking in again - we should put our finished books into the review thread. Are you going to do that later or should I help you doing so?"

Hi Davina, How are you doing? I have been posting the books that I have finished in the spreadsheet that Melanie made up. Is that where you mean or is there a different thread that you want to use? Let me know what you prefer and if there is any subject or challenge that you want to pass on, just let me know and I will see what I can come up with. :)

message 28: by Vinnie (new)

Vinnie | 313 comments Hi Tracy, yeah, the review thread is there to post our finished books. The spreadsheet is only for our own use ☺️. You can find the link above and then just scroll down. You can see how Melanie did it and how i then posted the books I've read with cover, date, review, etc.
I'm enjoying the challenge very much! Do you?

message 29: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Smith (countrysunset) | 49 comments Hi Davina Oh ok, somehow I missed the review thread. I was thinking just the spreadsheet needed done. I will go through and add everything that I have read so far. Yes, I am enjoying the challenge. I am trying to get into a book with a war involved but that isn't my usual genre of choice. Any suggestions? What are you reading now? Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!! :)

message 30: by Vinnie (new)

Vinnie | 313 comments AH yes, I saw, you updated your books there, that's perfect!

Hmm I enjyoed Lynn Austin's Candle in the Darkness a lot - it's about the war between North and South. The Midwife's Revolt also takes place during the independence war, but isn't that exciting.

I'm currently reading "Found in him" by Elyse Fitzpatrick. It's a theological book, so it's taking me longer, but I enjoy it very much :).