Our Great American Read discussion

Nominations > July 2018 nominations(series)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 96 comments If anyone is interested in starting a series with the group please nominate it here. It needs to be from the PBS Great American Read list and the first book of the series would be read as a group in July. We would then read one book a month until the series was done. Nominations are open until June 10th. Polls will be open June 11-20. That will give us time to get the book.

message 2: by Waffles - (new)

Waffles - Kelsey (waffles_library) I nominate the Outlander series.

message 3: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 96 comments I would like reading the Outlander series. I have read the first two but would like to read the rest. I think, however, that perhaps we should give each book a couple of months each for those who do not feel able to keep up the pace. They are long books.

message 4: by NancyJ (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) Janet wrote: "I would like reading the Outlander series. I have read the first two but would like to read the rest. I think, however, that perhaps we should give each book a couple of months each for those who d..."

That's a big commitment! I counted Outlander as read, even though I still have 2 books to go in the series.

message 5: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 96 comments NancyJ wrote: "Janet wrote: "I would like reading the Outlander series. I have read the first two but would like to read the rest. I think, however, that perhaps we should give each book a couple of months each f..."
It really is a big commitment but with at least two months per book it is doable.

message 6: by Theri (new)

Theri (theriereads) I downloaded the first book to this series, so I can read that. Don't think I'll have time to read the entire series.

message 7: by Waffles - (new)

Waffles - Kelsey (waffles_library) I started reading the Outlander series before the show came out but I never finished the book. Then I got hooked on the show and really would like to finish the series. Just checked out the first book in my library.