Star Wars #1 Fans discussion

Anybody out there?

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Van Ness | 101 comments Mod
Hi all, if anyone is still here. My name is Stephen, and I am apparently the only moderator on this group. Not only do I have no memory of being made a mod (because I'm pretty sure I was young and was the first person to post on a topic with literally no idea what that meant 7 years ago or so), but I also stopped using Goodreads for literally years. I've been using it again, and lo and behold I found a group of 400 users in which I am the only person in charge that has sputtered out and died (possibly due to the fact that there were literally no moderators here). So my multi-faceted question to you guys is this - is anybody still out there in this group? And to those of you who are still members and active users of Goodreads, are you interested in helping to revitalize this page? If there's interest, I'd bring a couple more people under the wing as moderators and we'd talk about changing things around and setting it up for a new Goodreads and a new era of Star Wars (though I would assume the focus would still be on Old Canon with New Canon sprinkled in). If not, I am planning on leaving this group, and will probably promote a couple random people to moderator so that the group has a chance to breathe again someday. I am also simply really curious if there are any users still active on this page. I have fond memories of this community back in my formative years, and I would very much be willing to pioneer a revival if there are still those out there who would be interested. Thanks all, and happy reading!

message 2: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Stringer Hey there, Stephen. I'm still here. :-)

message 3: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 3 comments Still here! Would love to see a revival for this group!

message 4: by Chris (new)

Chris (czedlitz) | 1 comments Still around. SW comics and books are fun to follow.

message 5: by Tony (new)

Tony | 5 comments Still here. Always up for talking Star Wars

message 6: by Brent (new)

Brent (bjkofron) | 1 comments Yo!

message 7: by withpins (new)

withpins (lyraeinne) | 1 comments Still around! I’d love to help breathe some new life into the old digs.

message 8: by Rachael (new)

Rachael I'm still around, though I must admit I'm not as active on goodreads as I once was.

message 9: by Thomas (new)

Thomas | 3 comments I am here as well.

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Dohring | 1 comments I’m here

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm here! I just started watching Star Wars last week, and I'm very invested...

message 12: by Rachael2 (new)

Rachael2 | 90 comments Mod
Bea wrote: "I'm here! I just started watching Star Wars last week, and I'm very invested..."

Nice! What have you been able to watch so far?

message 13: by Rachael2 (new)

Hi everyone, I'm the same person as Rachael (who posted message 8 two years ago), I just created a new account. I will probably leave the group on my other account.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Rachael2 wrote: "Bea wrote: "I'm here! I just started watching Star Wars last week, and I'm very invested..."

Nice! What have you been able to watch so far?"

Well, I'm done with all of the movies, and I'm actually watching the last episode of The Mandalorian right now

message 15: by Rachael2 (new)

Bea wrote: "Rachael2 wrote: "Bea wrote: "I'm here! I just started watching Star Wars last week, and I'm very invested..."

Nice! What have you been able to watch so far?"

Well, I'm done with all of the movies..."

Awesome! Did you have a favorite movie? I really enjoyed watching The Mandalorian but I especially loved the end credits theme music.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked the Mandalorian too, and I loved Return of the Jedi

message 17: by Rachael2 (new)

Bea wrote: "I liked the Mandalorian too, and I loved Return of the Jedi"

Are you planning on watching the Clone Wars series? I've only watched like four episodes so far. I'm a little short on time and will be until the end of this year, so I don't know when I'll get to watch them but I want to.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes. And SW rebels

message 19: by Rachael2 (new)

Bea wrote: "Yes. And SW rebels"

Nice!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah. My (future) brother in law said that they were a must. I started CW yesterday

message 21: by Rachael2 (new)

Bea wrote: "Yeah. My (future) brother in law said that they were a must. I started CW yesterday"

That's great!

message 22: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 3 comments Hi all! I'm always up for talking anything Star Wars.

message 23: by Rachael2 (new)

Lisa wrote: "Hi all! I'm always up for talking anything Star Wars."

Wonderful!

message 24: by Jack (new)

Jack (jackmane) | 7 comments Hi! I just found this group today and would love to help revitalize it. I'm a huge Star Wars fan due in large part to the books: Legends and Canon.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello!

message 26: by Rachael2 (new)

Jack wrote: "Hi! I just found this group today and would love to help revitalize it. I'm a huge Star Wars fan due in large part to the books: Legends and Canon."

Great!

message 27: by Alan (new)

Alan Castree (acgalaga) | 3 comments Hello?!

(Hello... hello... hello...)

This looks like a good group for fans of the Star Wars expanded universe. I’m certainly more familiar with the new Canon. Got hooked after finish Clone Wars and reading the Ahsoka Novel.

Since then I’ve been trying to follow and get as caught up as possible with the new Canon. Currently only 30.2% through ALL the new material since Disney’s acquisition... I’m constantly rewarding the comics (one way or another) and tend to accumulate books faster than I can read them, so I may read “Queens Shadow” “A Phantom Menace (novelization)” or “Battlefront II - Inferno Squadron” next.

Nice to meet you and hope we can have some cool Star Wars EU discussions on Goodreads!

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi there!

message 29: by Rachael2 (new)

Alan wrote: "Hello?!

(Hello... hello... hello...)

This looks like a good group for fans of the Star Wars expanded universe. I’m certainly more familiar with the new Canon. Got hooked after finish Clone Wars a..."

Welcome! I'm definitely still trying to catch up with the Legends books so I don't know if I'll ever be able to catch up with the new canon haha.

message 30: by P. (new)

P. Germain (chenryu) I haven't used Goodreads, in some time.
I have read a number, of Star Wars, novels, and graphic novels, mostly from the Expanded Universe, pre Disney.

message 31: by Alan (new)

Alan Castree (acgalaga) | 3 comments Cool! Welcome!!

message 32: by P. (new)

P. Germain (chenryu) Who began, this group?

message 33: by P. (new)

P. Germain (chenryu) For some reason, I thought that I may have begun it.
I was mistaken.
Has anyone read Sith focused novels, from the Expanded Universe?

message 34: by Rachael2 (new)

Welcome! I've read the Lost Tribe of the Sith series. I think they were briefly available to read online somewhere when they first came out, because they are just a series of short stories. So that's how I read them, but I don't know if you can do that anymore.

message 35: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan I am here. New to GR, as this is my first group post. I’ve recently got back into reading after a 12 year hiatus. I’m about to start Kenobi. I’d love to help out with this group, as I feel it will give me a sense of purpose and help solidify my new reading habit. My name is Jon, I’m 28, and I am an avid Star Wars fan. Kenobi will be my first Star Wars book, as for what Obi Wan does during the time between three and four has always been a wonder of mine. Help me help you all. Thanks for reading, if anyone is out there.

message 36: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 3 comments Hello all.
I haven't read Kenobi as of yet, but I've heard good reviews of it.
I'm currently reading The High Republic series. I recently finished Light of the Jedi by Charles Soule and am now reading The Rising Storm by Cavan Scott. Anyone else reading this series?

message 37: by Tarria♪ (new)

Tarria♪ (tarria) | 2 comments I'm Tarria, also new to GR, I've read a handful of canon and legends novels (I love the Jude Watson books and anything prequel related)

message 38: by Rachael2 (new)

Jonathan wrote: "I am here. New to GR, as this is my first group post. I’ve recently got back into reading after a 12 year hiatus. I’m about to start Kenobi. I’d love to help out with this group, as I feel it will ..."

Welcome to the group!

message 39: by Rachael2 (new)

Lisa wrote: "Hello all.
I haven't read Kenobi as of yet, but I've heard good reviews of it.
I'm currently reading The High Republic series. I recently finished Light of the Jedi by Charles Soule and am now re..."

Welcome! I've started listening to Light of the Jedi on audiobook.

message 40: by Rachael2 (new)

Tarria♪ wrote: "I'm Tarria, also new to GR, I've read a handful of canon and legends novels (I love the Jude Watson books and anything prequel related)"

Welcome! I love Jude Watson's Jedi Apprentice series. I hope they re-print them one day because they are so expensive now that they are out-of-print.