YA Addicted Book Club discussion

Author's Corner > Author PR & Promo's

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Attention all authors! Please feel free to post any promo's/PR about your past or upcoming book on this thread! We would love to hear from you:)

message 2: by J. (new)

J. James | 16 comments Hi Everyone!

I'm finishing my book Granted, and while I'm tying up loose ends, I thought I'd put the first book in the series Wished by J. Leigh James on an Amazon countdown deal.

I began this book with the concept of "what if your fairy godmother went rogue and instead of finding your Prince Charming, she set you up with the biggest nerd in school?" The story evolved to a girl who begins having romantic dreams about a nerd and has to choose between popularity or a chance at love. If you like light-hearted, funny YA romances, then check it out. If you're interested in reviewing Wished, contact me directly.

The Countdown starts on Saturday morning and ends on June 7th.

Thanks, and have a great day!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments J. Leigh wrote: "Hi Everyone!

I'm finishing my book Granted, and while I'm tying up loose ends, I thought I'd put the first book in the series Wished by J. Leigh James on an Amazon countdown deal.

I began th..."

OMG Jen, The cover is Uh-Mazing! I LOVE IT!

message 4: by J. (new)

J. James | 16 comments heather wrote: OMG Jen, The cover is Uh-Mazing! I LOVE IT!

Thanks, Heather! I actually created that one myself.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments J. Leigh wrote: "heather wrote: OMG Jen, The cover is Uh-Mazing! I LOVE IT!

Thanks, Heather! I actually created that one myself."

REALLY?? It is sooo pretty! You did a great job!

message 6: by J. (new)

J. James | 16 comments Thanks!!!

message 7: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Liliana (lililostinabook) | 2328 comments Mod
J. Leigh wrote: "Hi Everyone!

I began th..."

This book sounds awesome! It's going on my to-read list :)

message 8: by J. (new)

J. James | 16 comments Thanks, Lili! I hope you enjoy it! If you want to review it, let me know before you buy it. ;-)

message 9: by Megan (new)

Megan That book actually sounds like so much fun to read! I’m adding it to the tbr list :)

message 10: by J. (new)

J. James | 16 comments Thanks, Megan!

message 11: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra McCann | 1 comments Hi everyone! I just published my book, Angels Can't Swim, and I am spreading the word about it :) I will post the synopsis here in case anyone is interested. Feel free to visit my website to learn more. Thanks and have a great day!

Alexandra

https://alexandramccann02.wixsite.com...

Three college juniors. A swim team. A manipulative coach. Unexpected life circumstances. A girl struggling with her sexuality. A story that you will not forget.

Angels Can’t Swim is a novella that captures so many elements of the life of a student-athlete, from mental health to sexuality to relationships. While partially a story about swimming, it is also the story of finding yourself, finding your voice, and figuring out who you want to be. Focusing on college students and those around them but dealing with issues that cross the lifespan, readers from young adult all the way up will all enjoy this book and find something in one of the characters that sounds a little bit like them.

message 12: by J. (new)

J. James | 16 comments That sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing, Alexandra.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Alexandra wrote: "Hi everyone! I just published my book, Angels Can't Swim, and I am spreading the word about it :) I will post the synopsis here in case anyone is interested. Feel free to visit my website to learn ..."

Great premise! I love the quote.. "A story you will not forget!"

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Molder | 7 comments Hi everyone! I published my first book this year! If anyone is interested I'm offering free PDF files. Cataclysmic Ascension Book One The Vanderlaan Legacy is a fantasy story about a Dragon Queen. There's magic, pirates, swords fights and lots of Dragons and you may even come across some snakes.

message 15: by Aspen (new)

Aspen Kendrick (aspen-kendrick) | 3 comments Hello everybody! My first novel Searching For Home was published earlier this year.

Searching For Home (The Death Club Book 1) by Aspen Kendrick

I'm currently working on book 2 of The Death Club series and book 1 of the 99% Dark series.

Feel free to follow my blog for announcements and other great stuff over at 99% Dark.

In this novel, a pair of twins from the medieval fantasy world of Pendra fall into the modern world of Terra.

Thank you!

message 16: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 2 comments Hi all! I recently published my first novel, Remade, and the summary is listed below! I don't yet have a website, but I do have a Facebook page for the book (which will be a series!).

"The universe is larger than I ever could have imagined..."
For her whole life, Aliya Rathburn thought life only existed on Earth. But after nearly dying in a car crash, Aliya wakes up on Callais - a planet that she never knew existed. In order to save her life, Doctor Gydyon Givray had to reconstruct Aliya with materials that were strange and advanced to her, and Aliya finds out that she now has strength and speed beyond her wildest imagination. Determined to hide her new abilities, Aliya tries to fly under the radar when she's sent to the Protective Forces, the galaxy's military. As Aliya struggles to accept herself after these incredible yet unwanted changes, a sinister force emerges to threaten the galaxy's peace. When lives are on the line, will Aliya face her inner demons or will the rising darkness win?

message 17: by Josie (new)

Josie Jaffrey (josiejaffrey) Hi everyone,

I have two amazing giveaways on my website at the moment.

SIGNED PAPERBACK GIVEAWAY

I'm offering a chance to win a signed paperback copy of one of my books (the winner's choice). There are six to choose from:
A Bargain in Silver
The Price of Silver
Bound in Silver
The Silver Bullet
The Gilded King
The Silver Queen

Josie Jaffrey's novels

ENTER PAPERBACK GIVEAWAY

SWAG BUNDLE GIVEAWAY

I'm offering a chance to win a signed paperback of The Gilded King, together with a Solis Invicti series pin badge, two bookmarks and four postcards.

Swag Giveaway

ENTER SWAG BUNDLE GIVEAWAY

Good luck everyone!

Best wishes,

Josie

message 18: by Cadence (new)

Cadence Cavanaugh (cadencecavanaugh) | 2 comments Hello fellow readers!

I just wanted to let you know I'm doing a new year sale for my debut novel The Passing) by Cadence Cavanaugh!

It will be on sale for 99 cents starting November 7th 8am - 14th 12am!

I hope you will take the time to check it out! And tell your friends/get them a copy too!

Here is a little bit about it!

The Great War happened over two hundred years ago, leaving the world in an almost purged state. The biological warfare decimated the majority of the world's population, making the future generations immune to diseases and common illnesses.

This, however, comes with a grave price. On the twenty-fifth year of everyone's life, they perish without explanation. They have come to call this, The Passing. For many, this means starting families early or adopting orphans who have already lost their parents to The Passing. Others simply live life to their fullest or try to educate themselves by scraps of history and science in hopes of finding a cure.

This story follows the lives of a few different characters as they entwine and follow their own paths.

message 19: by Ellis (new)

Ellis Michaels (ellismichaels) | 1 comments How did we end up in this freakin' place?" the unicorn asked, looking around. "Where are we, anyway?"

"We're in a sci-fi and fantasy group on Goodreads, Xavier," Luna answered, running her fingers down the magnificent creature's side. "We came here to promote Bad Unicorn, remember?"

"Yeah, well, I'm bored already," Xavier replied, unleashing an unnaturally-loud yawn. "Wake me up when you're done."

"Oh, no," Murin said to the unicorn. "We're doing this together. All three of us. Unless you'd rather do it alone."

"Fine," Xavier replied, stomping his hoof. "You two will take too long. I'll tell them myself."

"Go ahead, then!" both Murin and Luna said at the same time.

"Bad Unicorn is a lighthearted fantasy novel about the three of us discovering an evil wizard's plot to destroy all the unicorns so he can take their horns. We go on an action-packed quest to stop him and a bunch of stuff happens. It's a book you won't want to miss. Although, it should've been called Awesome Unicorn, if you ask me," Xavier said, then turned to face Murin and Luna. "There. Can we go now?"

"Just one more thing," Luna replied. "Tell them where they can get Bad Unicorn."

"Bad Unicorn is available on Amazon in print and ebook format. And it's free to read with Kindle Unlimited."

Bad Unicorn by Ellis Michaels

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Ellis wrote: "How did we end up in this freakin' place?" the unicorn asked, looking around. "Where are we, anyway?"

"We're in a sci-fi and fantasy group on Goodreads, Xavier," Luna answered, running her fingers..."

Okay, I LOVE the way you promoted this:) WELL DONE!!!

message 21: by Sanja (new)

Sanja | 29 comments Here is my book (the first in a series):

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Summary: Cursed, that’s what twenty-one year old Castalia Everclear was. A curse accidentally placed on her by her gorgeous, mysterious boyfriend, Rylan: a demon with faerie blood who is also Lucifer's son. A silver metal band she wears on her ring finger is the only thing that protects her from it but in turn, wipes out her memories of Rylan and Amaranth, a city that houses the pure blood and half-blood demons.

Now, three years later, Castalia is having visions of the past while strange things start happening to her each time she takes off her ring, leading to an incident that has deadly consequences.

And Rylan is the only one that can help her. Unfortunately, he has bigger problems…His father wants him to rule over Amaranth, and his plans for Rylan are more than sinister.

Amaranth (Demon City Chronicles, #1) by Sanja Dragojlov

And it's also available on amazon :)

message 22: by Kristy (new)

Kristy Brown | 19 comments Hi everyone!
I'm Kristy a YA author from the UK. I'm currently looking for readers for my YA PNR (Please comment if you'd like a free copy ).

Summer’s End

She wakes up in hospital, badly burned with no memory.

He’s been trained to kill her before she burns the world to ashes.

When they finally meet, will he be able to take her life now that he’s started to

feel for her?

His fate is already written.

The prophecy is already set…

Love between them is forbidden.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4....

Thanks and glad to be here :) xx

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Your book sounds very intriguing and I would be interested in checking it out:)

message 24: by Kristy (new)

Kristy Brown | 19 comments heather - NightlyReading wrote: "Your book sounds very intriguing and I would be interested in checking it out:)"
Great! I'll need an email address and choice of epub, mobi or pdf file? x

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Kristy wrote: "heather - NightlyReading wrote: "Your book sounds very intriguing and I would be interested in checking it out:)"
Great! I'll need an email address and choice of epub, mobi or pdf file? x"

nightlyreading@outlook.com, mobi please:)

message 26: by Kristy (new)

Kristy Brown | 19 comments heather - NightlyReading wrote: "Kristy wrote: "heather - NightlyReading wrote: "Your book sounds very intriguing and I would be interested in checking it out:)"
Great! I'll need an email address and choice of epub, mobi or pdf fi..."

Sent. xx

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Got it! Can't wait to start it;)

message 28: by Mackenzie :) (new)

Mackenzie :) (book_girl_777) | 193 comments does anyone on here do Wattpad? If so I've started my story and my account name is Mackenzie7797

message 29: by Brett (new)

Brett Johnson | 3 comments Hello everyone! I hope all is well during these trying times.

I am currently in the process of wrapping up the first book in a five book series called "The Unique Smiths and The Echoes of Juliet."

The story is about two orphan teenagers Brianna and Brian Smith, fourteen and twelve years of age. They have unique gifts hence the nickname the Unique Smiths. They use these gifts to live by themselves, they can go anywhere and do whatever they want, leading these two to normally get in trouble, trouble that they can usually get out of.

Until one fateful day they come face to face with a secret government organization called The Special Cases Agency. Brianna and Brian wouldn't know it right away, but once they ran into the Special Cases Agency, their lives would change forever.

I just created my Facebook page for the book, it is hopefully going to be ready for purchase in December 2020. Please take a look at the page and like it :) There will be more information there, also if you have any questions, please feel free to ask either through message here, a reply to this comment, or on my facebook page!

https://www.facebook.com/TheUniqueSmiths

Thanks!

message 30: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Herbert | 5 comments Road Kill Girl

Hi Everyone
First published book - available on Amazon

message 31: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Herbert | 5 comments Hi Everyone

I'm new to the group and still trying to find my way around. I have one YA contemporary published on Amazon ROAD KILL GIRL.

Happy to send a copy - will be doing promo giveaways soon but let me know if you're interested.

https://read.amazon.ca/kp/embed?asin=...

message 32: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Churcher (rachelchurcherwriting) | 1 comments FREE BOOKS!

Happy book birthday to Victory Day - Book Five in the Battle Ground Series! I can't believe it's been a whole year since we published the final book.

While we're celebrating, check out Making Trouble and Lost Cause , the spoiler-free prequels to the Battle Ground Series. They're FREE to download for all eReaders (and as PDFs) from freebook.tallerbooks.com !

message 33: by Mark (new)

Mark Sneed (markabm) | 2 comments We are giving away three signed copies of author Mark T. Sneed's latest effort Just One Mo.
If you want to join the giveaway to get one of three signed copies of Just One Mo just click the link and enter. Good luck.
https://goodreads.com/giveaway/show/3...
Thanks in advance.

Just One Mo

message 34: by Mark (new)

Mark Sneed (markabm) | 2 comments I have good news to announce.
I am giving away three signed copies of my fifth book, soon to be released, Escape to the Stars by Mark T. Sneed, this month. It is a science fiction space adventure.
If you are feeling lucky or like a giveaway click the link below.

https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...

message 35: by Tracey (new)

Tracey Canole (traceycanoleauthor) | 3 comments Tracey Canole
Source Awakening

Hi All! My name is Tracey Canole, and I am new to the group, so I wanted to say hello.

I published my debut novel in January 2022! Source Awakening is the first book in a YA science fiction series and the second comes out next month! I can't believe it!

About the book:
Goliath changed everything—more than Reena realized. Can she survive it?

When a piece of the rogue planet Goliath enters the atmosphere, Reena Novak knows the world will never be the same. Taking shelter from falling debris, her group is coated in the mysterious ash trailing Goliath. But it’s not just an ash. When it touches the skin, it transforms and absorbs in, a tingling sensation left in its path.

As Reena readies for the trip to find her family, new concerns build when she starts seeing things she can’t explain–images of an ethereal swirling liquid and ever-changing landscapes. They haunt her, just like the power developing within her. It isn’t until her best friend, Jaxson, saves her life with new abilities that she realizes she’s not the only one changed by the ash. What are these powers and why do they only appear in some?

Meeting a stranger with powers both like and unlike hers, Reena finds herself drawn to him. Her instincts tell her she was supposed to meet him, but why? When a common link, the Source, is discovered, Reena makes the decision to head towards it. She must figure out what’s happening to them and, more importantly, protect the Source from those who wish to use it for personal gain.

What is it and why is it calling to her?

SOURCE AWAKENING is a post-apocalyptic, YA Science Fiction novel. This coming-of-age story will take readers on an adventure filled with romance, strong familial ties, and unexpected abilities.

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09NMP2KBC?...
Apple: http://books.apple.com/us/book/id1600...
Barnes and Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w?ean=...
Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/sour...

You can check out this and my other works on my Website at TraceyCanole.com or find me on Facebook and Instagram!

Thank you for having me!

message 36: by Tracey (new)

Tracey Canole (traceycanoleauthor) | 3 comments Hey Everyone!

I wanted to let you all know that I'm doing a giveaway for book 2 of my YA scifi series that releases 04/26/2022! Check it out!

https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...

Thanks!
Tracey CanoleSource Ignited

message 37: by Crystal (new)

Crystal LeMar | 2 comments Dear fellow members,
I'm a debut author with a debut novel whose new to goodreads. Apologies. Honestly, I have no clue whats going on, but after long period of doubting I’m going to, as the Dutch would say “trek de stoute schoenen aan”, put on the naughty shoes!

I find it very scary to put my book ‘Housekeeping’ out there because I feel very vulnerable about your opinion. Looking back, I guess this was the main reason it took so long to write, I was afraid to read reviews.

I would love if a few of you would read my book and share your thoughts, you can hopefully get a copy from the Giveaway.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6...

All the best,

Crystal

Crystal LeMar Crystal LeMar
Housekeeping Housekeeping by Crystal LeMar