Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Christian fiction, 35,500 word novella

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott (last edited May 31, 2018 12:38PM) (new)

Scott Mckernan | 6 comments This work is not your usual Christian fiction. Buckle up your seat belt and get ready for a ride!
I feel this story will appeal to a wider audience than only that of those who identify as Christian (I feel many Christians may want to burn this book!).

Introducing Skelter Valentine...

To sum up this story in a sentence... When a misspent, damaged young man dies and meets God, he returns to life ready to face his demons and win back the person he was meant to be.

This is the first book in the Breaking Religion series.

This work has had its structural edit, so I am mainly interested in readers' emotional responses. Obviously, all other beta style feedback is most welcome.

Kind regards,
Scott

message 2: by Oliwia (new)

Oliwia | 16 comments I could give this a read (I'm really interested why your work might want to be tossed into the pyre by some;) ).

message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott Mckernan | 6 comments Hi Oliwia,
great to hear from you and thank you for responding. In regards to my comments about the work in my post, my book could be classified as Christian literature, which it is, but there's a whole lot in it that could ruffle a lot of feathers in the church. Also, I feel marketing the book as Christian literature will put off many readers that I hope would otherwise enjoy it. This is my dilemma. I'll try to PM you and give you my email. If it suits, I can send you a copy that way once you've emailed me your email address.
Enjoy the read.
Scott