Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Issues > How do I contact librarians to have books deleted

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Anderson | 8 comments There are a couple books listed under my name but are by another author of similar name. I can never find how to contact the librarians or where to do so, or is it here?

Thanks.

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26910 comments This is the Librarian Group ~ this is where we are :)

You can either use the specific thread for books on your profile that aren't yours or you can post in this thread.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

We need to know which books aren't yours and a link would be good, but at least a title.

message 3: by David (new)

David Pearson | 6 comments Murder at the Holiday Let has been assigned to the wrong David Pearson. I am the author of the book, and I have 6 other books listed here all starting with "Murder" for example, Murder on the Old Bog Road. Please re-assign the book to the correct author. Thanks

message 4: by Emily (last edited Feb 27, 2019 10:13AM) (new)

Emily | 15482 comments I think that was a typo so I went to your website to find the correct book. I have moved "Murder at the Holiday Home" to your profile. After looking at the default David Pearson profile, I found a few of your other books as well. I have corrected the titles so they are not in all caps. I also merged a couple of editions that were created before the import that did not have the ASIN.
I also edited some of the descriptions. The Amazon description doesn't have too many restrictions, but on Goodreads we don't put information about sale prices/deals in the description.

When a book imports to Goodreads automatically, it gets assigned to the default profile for your name. We use spaces to differentiate between authors with the same name. You have the two-space profile, so we just insert an extra space between your first and last name so that it moves to yours. It only takes a moment so we can always do that. It is easiest to make a new thread rather than using an old one.

message 5: by David (new)

David Pearson | 6 comments Thanks Emily

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.