Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

A Morsel of Different Shades
This topic is about A Morsel of Different Shades
Book Issues > Book description requires correction

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cinnamonteal Publishing | 4 comments Hello

I have a book that is listed which has the book description messed up with some typos. We are not sure how this happened but I am unable to make the edits to the book description.

The correct book description is as below:

Sumitra Ghosal came all the way from Bankura in West Bengal to join the education service in the recently formed Bundeli State. During the period from 1956 to 1990, spanning more than three decades, she got shunted around small towns and semi-rural areas. The book is woven around her experiences on women teachers’ lives. She found, for some teachers, cruel circumstances charting out the unknown trajectory, while for the others, the evil streak already present manifested itself rather blatantly during their teaching careers.

Ranging from weird to quirky, scheming to whimsical, there were all kinds of women for Sumitra to experience and continually learn from. Bearing a religious bent of mind, Sumitra, a spinster by choice, didn’t fail to take cognizance of the bizarre instances of marital co-existence in the couples she met throughout the story.

The above is the correct description. Can you fix this please?

Thank you in advance.

message 2: by Sandra (last edited May 30, 2018 10:18PM) (new)

Sandra | 26902 comments Done.

Also corrected the author name & moved the Soil book to another profile.

Cinnamonteal Publishing | 4 comments Thank you for the quick change.

What was the correction to the author name? And which Soil book are you referring to?

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26902 comments I deleted the extra space between initials.

The soil book was already on that profile and was a contributor with the same name to that book, but back in 1991.

Cinnamonteal Publishing | 4 comments Okay Thank you. Could you let me know the link to the soil book? This author also has some books in that field of study.

message 6: by Alison (new)

Alison | 958 comments Cinnamonteal wrote: "Okay Thank you. Could you let me know the link to the soil book? This author also has some books in that field of study."

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7...

Cinnamonteal Publishing | 4 comments Thanks.