All About YA discussion

To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1)
This topic is about To All the Boys I've Loved Before
Book Talk - Series > To All the Boys I've Loved Before

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin Lynn (last edited Jul 30, 2014 03:13PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erin Lynn | 2727 comments Mod
Starting August 1, we'll be reading To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han.

Feel free to discuss the book here. Ask any questions that you want. Please just be respectful.

At the end of the month, this discussion will be moved to the archives.

Adele awesome! Im so excited to be reading this book :)

Adele wrote: "awesome! Im so excited to be reading this book :)"

I'm glad. I've read it, and it's a really cute read.

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 1232 comments Mod
Adele wrote: "awesome! Im so excited to be reading this book :)"

Me too!

message 5: by Erin Lynn (last edited Aug 01, 2014 05:43AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alright, everyone! We're starting our first monthly read today with To All the Boys I've Loved Before.

So before we dig in, let's answer some silly questions first.
1. What do you think of the cover?
2. What do you think of the synopsis?
3. What do you think will happen in the book?
4. Are you excited to start reading?
5. Have you read anything by Jenny Han before?

I've read it, so I won't spoil you, but here are some of my answers.
1. I love the cover. I think it is adorable, and I kind of wish that my bedroom looked like that.
2. I really liked the synopsis. It seemed really cute, so I read the book.
5. This was the first book that I've read by Jenny Han. I really enjoyed it, so I am probably going to read the collaboration series she did with Siobhan Vivian and her Summer series. Oh, and I'll read the sequel to this book.

message 6: by Adele (last edited Aug 01, 2014 02:02PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Adele 1. The cover is cute and I like the sharpie effect it has on the dust cover (I'm not sure if the paperback version has it - i don't even know if there is a paperback version..)
I just realized that the full cover is her room. Holy crap! That's awesome. I really wish I had some Christmas lights in my room too.. maybe I'll get some at Christmas :3 I really like the disco ball also.

2. It's a cute synopsis, I look forward to happens in the book.

3. When the letters get sent (I think the box sends them somehow) and when all the boys get they're letters they'll freak out a bit and confront her about it and she'll freak out.

4. Yeah, I'm excited to start reading this book. I've been putting it off for a long time and now I'm finally reading it :P

5. Yes! I have. I've read The Summer I Turned Pretty and I loved that book and I really want to read the others too!! >_< - and the sequel (I didn't know there was one??) to this book, if I like said book.

Adele wrote: "1. The cover is cute and I like the sharpie effect it has on the dust cover (I'm not sure if the paperback version has it - i don't even know if there is a paperback version..)
I just realized tha..."

Hi, Adele! Thank you for your answers! I won't spoil anything, but I don't think the paperback is out yet. The book was only released in the spring. I'm not sure about other countries or anything...

I'm glad you've read some of her other stuff. I really need to get on that. And yes, there is a sequel. It's not out yet, but Han is working on it. It's called P.S. I Still Love You.

Adele Erin wrote: "Adele wrote: "1. The cover is cute and I like the sharpie effect it has on the dust cover (I'm not sure if the paperback version has it - i don't even know if there is a paperback version..)
I jus..."

Oh my gosh, that's awesome. Thanks so much!

Adele wrote: "Erin wrote: "Adele wrote: "1. The cover is cute and I like the sharpie effect it has on the dust cover (I'm not sure if the paperback version has it - i don't even know if there is a paperback vers..."

No problem!

How's everyone enjoying the book so far? Do you have a favorite part? What do you think of the characters?

Let us know. It's alright to discuss! Let's be more social and talk about this book.

Angie wrote: "I haven't gotten the book yet. It should come in the mail tomorrow."

Okay. No problems. I just hope more people start posting. lol

Adele I finished the book yesterday! :D

Adele wrote: "I finished the book yesterday! :D"

Did you like it, Adele?

Adele I have to admit the book really made me mad at times, with LJ's immaturity and stuff. But I love the character growth that LJ has.

I did too. She really had to grow up with Margot leaving, and I've seen a lot of people commend Han for Lara Jean's growth.

Adele yeah! Im actually really excited to see how Lara Jean's going to act in the second book :P

Adele wrote: "yeah! Im actually really excited to see how Lara Jean's going to act in the second book :P"

I am too. I'm hoping it gets released in the spring next year, but I haven't seen any publication date yet.

message 18: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily M | 1 comments Hi everyone! I just joined and I love to read.

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 1232 comments Mod
I will be starting this book next week. I will be able to pick it up then.

Adele Awesome! Happy reading! :D

I'm so excited to see what everyone thinks!

Angie wrote: "I started it. I'm only like thirty pages in. But wow...Lara Jean....I know people like her."

She's a prime example of middle child syndrome, especially with her sister leaving.

Angie wrote: "Oh most definitely!"

She gets so much better. I promise.

Angie wrote: "I just realized that those questions are BEFORE reading the book. I'm so sorry.

1. I think the cover is cute. I love that her room takes the entire cover.
2. The synopsis made me want to read the..."

Have you read that series? I keep seeing some of the books at Half Price Books, and I don't know if I really want to read them. I probably will.

Angie wrote: "I haven't read the series yet. Walmart had it as a bind up of all three books in one. I figured it was cheaper to buy it that way."

Huh. I never thought to look at Walmart because they aren't so recent.

How's everyone doing with To All the Boys I've Loved Before?

Any questions for me or the other group members?

Some questions for you:
1. What do you think of Margot's big college decision?
2. Do you think Lara Jean is the typical middle child?
3. How do you think the girls' loss changed their childhood?
4. What do you think of Josh so far?
5. Are you enjoying the book? Why or why not?

Angie wrote: "I can answer all those questions. Hoping to finish the book this week.

1. I loved Margot's decision. If I had parents who could have afforded it back when I was ready to go to school, I would have gone off like that in a heartbeat. I always wanted to go to school in a far off place. It would have been fun.

2. I feel like I'm one of the only ones who was never bothered by Lara Jean at all. Her personality never rubbed me the wrong way. I just felt that she was more real to me than a lot of other YA characters.

3. I think it forced Margot to grow up too quickly, especially with how she handled the incident when it happened. She did what any big sister would do though by taking care of her younger siblings.

4. I really like Josh as a supporting character. He cares about the whole family, which is adorable. I also feel bad for him because he seems like he was undecided about things that happened before the book takes place and it really came into play during this book. I hope we learn more about him in the sequel.

5. I already finished the book, but I can say that I absolutely loved it. It was a cute book.

Angie wrote: "I just finished the book. I have to say I am looking forward to the next book. The second half of the book was much better than the first half."

I am looking forward to the second book. There are so many unanswered questions that I need to get the answers to.

Now that August is almost over, what are your thoughts on the book so far?

I went through member ratings, and for those of you who read it, it seemed very well liked. I only saw four and five star reviews.

Also, I was thinking... if you have a book blog and you've reviewed To All the Boys I've Loved Before on your blog, leave the link.

Only a few more days left in our BOTM discussion for To All the Boys I've Loved Before.

After that, this thread will be moved to the Book Talk folders.