Play Book Tag discussion

The Skin Collector  (Lincoln Rhyme, #11)
This topic is about The Skin Collector
Archive: Other Books > The Skin Collector by Jeffery Deaver - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ellen | 2316 comments New York City's latest serial killer is particularly sadistic. Random people are snatched from cellars, basements, underground rooms. A talented tattoo artist injects the victim with a paralytic agent then, after stroking the skin with admiration, tattoos cryptic messages on his captive but not with ink. With poison. Lincoln Rhyme and his team are on the case especially when a connection is made with an earlier case, the 'bone collector'. This 'skin collector' has studied Rhyme's methods of investigation for years and feels that he is the criminal who can outwit the famous sleuth. The crime scenes are curiously devoid of any trace evidence and there does not seem to be any connection among the victims. Rhyme is forced to follow several red herrings before narrowing his search but the 'skin collector' is getting too close to Rhyme and his team and one of them will fall victim to the killer.

It has been quite a while since I've read a Lincoln Rhyme mystery and this was a particularly good one. Deaver always has intricate plotting and satisfying endings even though there is often a thread left dangling to make the reader want more. I liked this one.

message 2: by Charlotte (new) - added it

Charlotte | 1663 comments I just picked this up on sale a couple of weeks ago. I'm so glad that you liked it. I'm so behind on the Lincoln Rhyme series. Jeffery Deaver was one of my favorite authors for a long time and at some point I just stopped reading his books. I'm looking forward to reading his books again.

Ellen | 2316 comments For some reason I had gotten away from reading his novels too. I think it might have been because I didn't care for the Catherine Dance (I think that's her name) novels and I went off Deaver for a time. I'm glad I finally started back. Hope you like it, Charlotte.