What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children's book with illustrations: Animal society wakes up to find all the colour in the world has disappeared, mouse tries to figure out who did this.

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Taylor (last edited May 30, 2018 07:19PM) (new)

Taylor Jede | 1 comments I have been looking for this book for days now which makes me so sad because it was an amazing book (at least by my standards when I was 8). It was about an animal society where they were talking about when the world lost all of its colour one day when they woke up. One mouse was trying to figure out who had done this and once he figures out that it was because of the mole, he ends up getting slingshotted away and falls into I believe the ocean or something. The world eventually gets all the colour back, but the drawings in this book were absolutely amazing and it was quite a long book from what I remember.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5054 comments How many years ago did you read this?

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36623 comments Mod
Taylor, is this a picture book (about 32-48 pages) or a longer chapter book with mostly words?

Can you describe the illustrations - realistic/cartoony/cute, simple/detailed, painted watercolors/bold graphics?

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40689 comments Mod
Taylor, please put some plot details in your header since we have thousands of members looking for children's books.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36623 comments Mod
I added plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it using the small "edit" link on the desktop website (not the mobile app).

message 6: by Chris (new)

Chris | 17 comments The Rainbow Goblins is a beautifully illustrated book about all the color being sucked out of the world, but I don't recall that it included a mouse.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40689 comments Mod
Taylor, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 8: by Becca (last edited Apr 18, 2022 12:42AM) (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 3302 comments It might be on the Colorless World list.