What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Most Likely to Score (Ballers and Babes,#2)
This topic is about Most Likely to Score
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Contemporary romance, female lead, photographer does NFL player photoshoot as favor to friend, scene alludes to the friend having chemistry with the quarterback. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J (new)

J Basco | 20 comments The female lead character is a photographer, either amateur or a celebrity photographer. Her friend asks her to travel to take some photographs of NFL players. During the photoshoot, they allude to an impending romance between the female lead's friend and the quarterback. The friend is also employed by the NFL team as either publicist or marketing rep. I believe it's set in California and there MAY have been a celebrity wedding.

I read the book in 2017 or 2018. It was either an iBook or Kindle book. The book was written in the last 5-10 years (references to recent technology like iPhones and social media). The book was written and published in the USA, and most likely by a female author. I purchased and read the book in Canada.

message 2: by Preethi (new)

Preethi | 48 comments I know a similar book- The Hot Shot by Kristen Callihan

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
The Hot Shot by Kristen Callihan - mentioned by Preethi

message 4: by J (new)

J Basco | 20 comments It sounds similar to what I was looking for. It's actually a scene in the book I've described. The actual book is about a female photographer and her own life and romance. I thought it might be a book Kim Karr wrote, but when I used the kindle app for ipad to search the book for keywords like photoshoot and quarterback, there weren't any results that led me to this particular scene.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of The Hot Shot by Kristen Callihan - Preethi's suggestion - https://books.google.com/books?id=2rO...

message 6: by J (new)

J Basco | 20 comments Kris wrote: "Here's the Google Books preview of The Hot Shot by Kristen Callihan - Preethi's suggestion - https://books.google.com/books?id=2rO......"
I checked my kindle and ibooks libraries and that one isn't in there. I don't have any books by this author, and what I described was a particular scene from the book I'm actually looking for. I want to read this story about the heroine's friend and her love interest, but I have to find the initial book in order to figure out which one I'm actually looking for.

The female lead was a photographer. It's possible that she took photos of celebrities and sold them to earn cash to pay for college. I believe that she also competed with another male photographer, who also ends up being her love interest. I believe the male lead also rode a motorcycle, and they attempted to work together to get photos at a major celebrity wedding. It turns out the wedding details they had were for a fake wedding and they were duped. The cover may have had a yellow dress on it.

message 7: by Nela (last edited Jun 02, 2018 03:53PM) (new)

Nela (nelikne) | 475 comments Well, after some search I have found Lauren Blakely, who wrote Most Likely to Score - american football player and a publicist and Stars in Their Eyes - young girl trying to pay for grad school by being a celebrity photographer and a young, motorcycle riding, British guy helps her to get to a celebrity wedding.. but I didn't read it, so I don't know whether those two books might be somehow connected, even though they are not in the same series, but by the same author...

message 8: by J (new)

J Basco | 20 comments Nela wrote: "Well, after some search I have found Lauren Blakely, who wrote Most Likely to Score - american football player and a publicist and [book:Stars in Their Eyes|2144713..."

You're a wizard! How did you do that?!?!

I have definitely read Stars in Their Eyes. In it, there is a scene where the heroine travels to do the photoshoot for the charity calendar that is written about in Most Likely to Score. It's a little bit of a crossover.

I wanted to know what it was called so I could purchase Most Likely to Score.

Thank you!

message 9: by Nela (new)

Nela (nelikne) | 475 comments A little Google search, while searching for a book about a photographer it occured to me to look for one about a quarterback, that might be written by the same author :))

Glad I could help! :)