Play Book Tag discussion

Haunted on Bourbon Street (Jade Calhoun, #1)
This topic is about Haunted on Bourbon Street
Archive: Other Books > Haunted on Bourbon Street/Deanna Chase - 2.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments 2.5 stars

Jade Calhoun moves to New Orleans and takes up residence in the French quarter, above a strip club. Unfortunately, she quickly learns that her apartment is haunted. She had moved at the urging of her best friend, Cat, but soon makes friends with some of the folks working at the strip bar, including the sexy owner (who is her landlord). One of the strippers, Pyper is also being terrorized when she sleeps and the two try to figure out if the same ghost is responsible and how to get rid of him.

So, I grew up in New Orleans so I often will try out books set their to bring back some memories. Unfortunately this one did not take much advantage of the New Orleans setting. The story started off well enough, but it quickly fell into a bit of a mess. I was listening to the audio so perhaps I zoned out but it seemed like there were a lot of "supernatural" creatures that started popping up without a lot of explanation. Sometimes the first book in a series is not great, but I'm not that excited to try another one despite the fact that Jade was a likable enough character.

message 2: by Cynda (new)

Cynda  (cynda) I so see the book cover is a unimaginative rendering of the 1960s tv sitcom Bewitched image. Remember how Samanatha sat on a crescent moon just like that.
Maybe covers can matter sometimes.

message 3: by Cynda (new)

Cynda  (cynda) What I am always interested in knowing is why are the windows looked down on the upper floors of the old Ursline Convent? I see what the Internet says. I wonder what the locals say. What story did you hear growing up? If you want to share. . .

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments Cynda wrote: "What I am always interested in knowing is why are the windows looked down on the upper floors of the old Ursline Convent? I see what the Internet says. I wonder what the locals say. What story did ..."

If I’m not sure that I ever knew the answer to that question....sorry.

message 5: by Cynda (new)

Cynda  (cynda) JoLene wrote: "Cynda wrote: "What I am always interested in knowing is why are the windows looked down on the upper floors of the old Ursline Convent? I see what the Internet says. I wonder what the locals say. W..."

Well. . . . Someone someday will be able to give their answer to the question. I am sure there are several. Thanks for responding.

message 6: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3834 comments Sorry but this sounds hilariously bad, lol. A ghost haunting a stripper?! Lol!!

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments Indeed, I probably shouldn’t have been surprised when I was less than impressed.