What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Regency Historical Romance: Gentleman returns home to London for sick father who convinces son to marry. He pursues the most popular, beautiful miss of the season who's not interested. Her best friend (wallflower) promises to help.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Camilya (new)

Camilya | 2 comments I read a book about a year ago that I can't remember anything except the plot.

An English gentleman comes home to London because his father is ill. The father convinces his son to marry before he dies. So the gentleman decides to marry the most popular beautiful miss of the season. However she shows no interest in him. He befriends her best friend who is a wallflower with an arranged marriage. She promises to help him woo her friend. The beautiful miss has a fear of open spaces that her friend helps her hide and manage. The gentleman ends up falling for the wallflower and has to hurry to her wedding to stop it. The marry and live happily ever after lol. Please help me figure this out.

message 2: by Sue (new)

Sue Elleker | 860 comments 'On The Way to the Wedding' by Julia Quinn? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_...

message 3: by Camilya (new)

Camilya | 2 comments Sue wrote: "'On The Way to the Wedding' by Julia Quinn? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_..."

Ok so I have that book and I just flipped through it. So of the stuff in it reminds me so much of the book I'm thinking of but then other things don't add up.

I remember specifically that the beautiful miss doesn't love or want anyone when the hero meets her. In fact she is completely bored with her suitors. Also the hero notices that while she is in a crowded ballroom or wherever that occasionally she looks up anxious until she spots her friend nearby then she is fine again. Her friend is a comfort to her. Also the hero's father is alive but ill and wants his son to find a wife. I've read the entire bridgerton series and I adore it but the father in it was dead from the beginning from a bee sting.

Now I could be confusing the two books together lol.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36597 comments Mod
Camilya, I added plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it using the small "edit" link on the desktop website (not the mobile app).

message 6: by Roxann (new)

Roxann | 16 comments Bump