Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Archived: BOM/SGOM > June 2018 SGOM: ♥Undercover Romance

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments

♥ Undercover Romance: A story-line with any character undercover. This could be a police officer, federal agent, or even someone in witness protection - anyone going under the radar. You might have to search for this one in the “man in uniform” genre.

Listopia Help:
Hide In Plain Sight-Romances On the Run, Secret Identities, and Witness Protection
I Love a Man in Uniform - Will have to search.

message 2: by Loriidae (last edited May 30, 2018 03:47PM) (new)

Loriidae I was planning for this read just the other day... and found this shelf

Shelved as Undercover

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) I'm going to read: In the Ruins

message 4: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Loriidae wrote: "I was planning for this read just the other day... and found this shelf

Shelved as Undercover "

Thanks for the link :)

message 5: by ⚜️XAR, Moderator (new)

⚜️XAR the Bookwyrm (duskrider3740) | 1319 comments I'll read Lover Undercover (McCade Brothers, #1) by Samanthe Beck Lover Undercover by Samanthe Beck

message 6: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) I'm planning on reading The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (MacKenzies & McBrides, #6) by Jennifer Ashley by Jennifer Ashley.

message 7: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (kristenlees) i'm going to read A Game of Chance (Mackenzie Family, #4) by Linda Howard by Linda Howard

Carly - Resident Supergirl | 275 comments Going to read: Shooter (Burnout, #1) by Dahlia West as long as I can find the time to READ, moving blows! lol

message 9: by Anita (last edited May 31, 2018 01:02PM) (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 607 comments I must like this sub-genre a lot because I've read a lot of books on these lists. I'm reading Her Temporary Hero (Once a Marine, #2) by Jennifer Apodaca Her Temporary Hero by Jennifer Apodaca. I've read several books by this author and really, really like her.

If I have time this month, I'll read a few more. I've got a lot of these on my "to read" shelf.

Okay, I added another one Midnight Vengeance (Men of Midnight #1) by Lisa Marie Rice Midnight Vengeance by Lisa Marie Rice

message 10: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I'm listening to Louisiana Longshot (Miss Fortune Mystery, #1) by Jana Deleon . I'm thinking, although not a romance, there might be a little romance in it. We'll see.

message 11: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Those look good, Anita. Haven't heard of the first author... but love LMR.

message 12: by Oleander (new)

Oleander | 188 comments You'll enjoy A Game of Chance (Mackenzie Family, #4) by Linda Howard , Kristen. That's such a great series.

I'm going to try to get to Against the Dark (The Associates, #1) by Carolyn Crane

message 13: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 607 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "I'm listening to Louisiana Longshot (Miss Fortune Mystery, #1) by Jana Deleon. I'm thinking, although not a romance, there might be a little romance in it. We'll see."

Just a touch of romance. More a hilarious caper book. I loved it!

message 14: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Oleander wrote: "You'll enjoy A Game of Chance (Mackenzie Family, #4) by Linda Howard, Kristen. That's such a great series."

Very true. I'm wondering if I read that last book, though. I don't have it 'tagged' as read. Guess it is time for a re-read of the whole series.

message 15: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 607 comments Her Temporary Hero (Once a Marine, #2) by Jennifer Apodaca Her Temporary Hero by Jennifer Apodaca 5-Stars
Hero needs a Temporary Wife, Heroine needs a Temporary Hero.
My Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 16: by Loriidae (last edited Jun 07, 2018 04:03PM) (new)

Loriidae I read my book The Woman Left Behind (GO-Team, #2) by Linda Howard The Woman Left Behind Linda Howard and although it was shelved as undercover, it is about covert ops in a foreign country, not the traditional police undercover role. Anyway a disappointing 3 stars - her early work is so much better.

message 17: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 607 comments I notice that they were pretty loose on their definition of "Undercover" on those lists.

Carly - Resident Supergirl | 275 comments Is it horrible that I completely forgot what i said I was going to read and had to come back to check? LOL :)

message 19: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Carly - Resident Supergirl wrote: "Is it horrible that I completely forgot what i said I was going to read and had to come back to check? LOL :)"

No Carly it's not! At least you came back :D

Carly - Resident Supergirl | 275 comments ShoSho wrote: "Carly - Resident Supergirl wrote: "Is it horrible that I completely forgot what i said I was going to read and had to come back to check? LOL :)"

No Carly it's not! At least you came back :D"

...i am struggling HARD CORE, reading the SGOM or moving onto Kate Daniels #4, I sincerely want to continue lol. :(

message 21: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Jun 20, 2018 03:55PM) (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I started The Defiant Hero (Troubleshooters, #2) by Suzanne Brockmann there was just a few pages of undercover work in the first few chapter . But I'd say it still counts :D

message 22: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Carly - Resident Supergirl wrote: "ShoSho wrote: "Carly - Resident Supergirl wrote: "Is it horrible that I completely forgot what i said I was going to read and had to come back to check? LOL :)"

No Carly it's not! At least you cam..."

I know how hard it is to stop reading KD books and switch to something else.

message 23: by Kristen (last edited Jun 21, 2018 06:27PM) (new)

Kristen (kristenlees) Oleander wrote: "You'll enjoy A Game of Chance (Mackenzie Family, #4) by Linda Howard, Kristen. That's such a great series.

I'm going to try to get to Against the Dark (The Associates, #1) by Carolyn Crane"

ok, i'm finished! it was a cute end to the series. the first is probably my favourite, though i loved the ending of this one. it's super outdated, so you gotta take all that with a grain of salt, but i can see myself re-reading the series one day. i somehow missed the book about maris, so i'll have to read that one soon.

message 24: by Loriidae (new)

Loriidae Kristen wrote: "Oleander wrote: "You'll enjoy A Game of Chance (Mackenzie Family, #4) by Linda Howard, Kristen. That's such a great series.

I'm going to try to get to Against the Dark (The Associates, #1) by Carolyn Crane"

ok, i'm finished! it was ..."

I read Maris' story only a couple of weeks ago. It's a lovely novella. Only about 85 pages. And it fits the Undercover category as well

message 25: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments ShoSho wrote: "I know how hard it is to stop reading KD books and switch to something else. ..."

Really!

message 26: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) I read The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (MacKenzies & McBrides, #6) by Jennifer Ashley The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie by Jennifer Ashley for this challenge. The heroine and her mother change their identity often to keep ahead of the law.

My review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) Finished mine and gave it 4 stars

In the Ruins (Metahuman Files, #2) by Hailey Turner . I like this sci-fi M/M series and this one was very enjoyable. Looking forward to reading the next one in the series.