Yoga Folks discussion

Fitness Junkie
This topic is about Fitness Junkie
Fitness Junkie group read > June Read: Fitness Junkie

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Meryl Landau (meryldavidslandau) | 810 comments Mod
Happy Summer!

To welcome the season in a fun, light way, June's group read will be the novel Fitness Junkie, by Lucy Sykes and Jo Piazza.

The novel is about a woman in New York whose partner in the fashion world insists she lose the 30 pounds she gained following her divorce, so she tries everything from "Free the Nipple" yoga to green drinks and more. The book is only marginally about yoga, and it's more a spoof about yoga, cleanses and whatnot than an ode to them, so only read if you don't mind writers poking fun at our beloved practice! Nonetheless, what I've read so far is very entertaining.

The book came out last year, so you should be able to get a copy from the library, and also, of course from Amazon, Kindle/Nook, or--best yet--your local indie bookstore.

Please start reading as soon as you can. I'll post prompts on the first half of the book in the middle of June. Of course, if you can't get to it until later this summer, just jump in whenever.

If you think you might be able to join us, please let us know on this thread. If life intervenes and you end up not getting to it, we promise not to hunt you down.

P.S. If you have any yoga-loving Goodreads friends who also like women's fiction, why not ask them to join our group and play along?

XO
Meryl Davids Landau

Carol Cross (colombe) | 9 comments I am reading this book and enjoying--about 20% through it.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Lawrence hinson | 2 comments Ok I just ordered it and am starting today!

Meryl Landau (meryldavidslandau) | 810 comments Mod
Glad to hear, Carol and Sarah. It's a very fast read. I--the slowest reader in the world--am already halfway through.

Michelle (mldmld) | 62 comments I'm late to the party, but I read this a while back and really enjoyed it! Because I enjoyed it so much, I read the authors other book, "The Knockoff." Happy reading!