Laurel County Public Library discussion

Bookish > Anticipated Reads

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LCPL (last edited Aug 16, 2019 06:17AM) (new)

LCPL Krystyna | 2306 comments Mod
A discussion about all of the upcoming books that we can't wait to get our hands on.

message 2: by LCPL (new)

My most anticipated releases for June 2018 are:
1. Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman
2. The Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay
3. Neverworld Wake by Marisha Pessl
4. My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand
5. The Bookshop of Yesterdays by Amy Meyerson
What are you most anticipated releases this month?

message 3: by Debra Diggs (new)

Debra Diggs | 1582 comments My most anticipated release does not come out until October.

- A Map of Days - Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children Book 4 by Ransom Riggs

message 4: by LCPL (new)

I have anticipated releases for almost every month haha.

message 5: by Debra Diggs (new)

Debra Diggs | 1582 comments Krystyna wrote: "I have anticipated releases for almost every month haha."

lol : )

message 6: by Debra Diggs (new)

Debra Diggs | 1582 comments Just found out that Esther will have a second book out in July! Yay! Here is the book Happily Ever Esther: Two Men, a Wonder Pig, and Their Life-Changing Mission to Give Animals a Home by Steve Jenkins. This is one book that I will buy if the library does not get it. Loved the first book. Love Esther. Really looking forward the second book.

message 7: by Debra Diggs (new)

Debra Diggs | 1582 comments Elevation by Stephen King - release at the end of this month

message 8: by Debra Diggs (new)

Debra Diggs | 1582 comments I am looking forward to these December 2018 new releases

- Verses for the Dead by Douglas Preston
- The Fork, the Witch, and the Worm: Eragon by Christopher Paolini

message 9: by Debra Diggs (new)

Debra Diggs | 1582 comments Anticipated release for April 2019

Holy Sister by Mark Lawrence This is book three in a trilogy

message 10: by LCPL (new)

One of my anticipated releases for this summer is Lock Every Door by Riley Sager.

message 11: by Debra Diggs (new)

Debra Diggs | 1582 comments Looking forward to reading Recursion by Blake Crouch. To be released Tuesday, June 11th.

message 12: by LCPL (last edited Jul 17, 2019 12:03PM) (new)

I read Kill Creek by Scott Thomas last year around Halloween and I absolutely loved it. I found out that he has another book, Violet, that is releasing in a couple of months and I'm so excited to read it!

message 13: by jb (new)

jb Byrkit (jbbyrkit) | 380 comments I am really looking forward to reading Where Cooking Begins: Uncomplicated Recipes to Make You a Great Cook. Bon appetit is a great show on YouTube.

message 14: by Debra Diggs (new)

Debra Diggs | 1582 comments Looking forward to The Girl Who Lived Twice by David Lagercrantz. To be released August 22. This is book 6 in the Millennium Series (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo).

message 15: by Debra Diggs (last edited Jul 30, 2019 03:06PM) (new)

Debra Diggs | 1582 comments Looking forward to Old Bones by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. To be released August 20. This is book 1 in the Nora Kelly series. Nora Kelly is from the Pendergast series.

message 17: by LCPL (last edited Aug 16, 2019 06:50AM) (new)

Some of my upcoming anticipated releases are:
Violet by Scott Thomas--this one releases next month. I really loved Kill Creek and I can't wait to read anything else he writes!
The Whisper Man by Alex North--this one releases later this month and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy. I ordered this one for myself through Book of the Month. It has amazing ratings and reviews so far, the synopsis sounds amazing, and the cover is very aesthetically pleasing.
Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir--this is a fantasy book that releases in September and I've heard great things about this one so far.
The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow--this is another fantasy book that I've heard great things about and she's a Kentucky author (she lives in Berea).
Twice in a Blue Moon by Christina Lauren--this is a contemporary romance by a dynamic duo.
Regretting You by Colleen Hoover--this is another contemporary romance by another great author. I've really enjoyed the books that I've read from her so far.
There are so many more that I'm looking forward to but these are just some off the top of my head.
What are you upcoming releases are you excited to snag a copy of and read from cover to cover?

message 18: by Debra Diggs (new)

Debra Diggs | 1582 comments The Conference of the Birds by Ransom Riggs, release date January 14.

message 19: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 50 comments I have two that I am anxiously awaiting this year.
The first is the third in the series The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. The book is titled The Doors of Stone. There is not a definite date yet, but I am very hopeful!
The second is the 16th book I Jim Butcher's Dresden Files. It looks to be coming out this summer! Title is Peace Talks.

message 20: by Cathy (new)

Cathy | 112 comments I want to read Wow, No Thank You. by Samantha Irby...or rather, listen to it. Robin got it for the library on RBDigital but I’m having some trouble getting logged in....will keep working on it though.

message 21: by Debra Diggs (new)

Debra Diggs | 1582 comments Magic Lessons by Alice Hoffman, release date today!

message 22: by Debra Diggs (last edited Oct 20, 2020 08:53AM) (new)

message 23: by LCPL (new)

Debra wrote: "The Wonder Boy of Whistle Stop by Fannie Flagg, release date Oct 27. Loved the first book, Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe."

I haven't read Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe yet. I feel like I would enjoy it though.

message 24: by LCPL (new)

I'm so excited for the next installment of The Wayward Children series by Seanan McGuire. The next one is Across the Green Grass Fields. The expected publication date is January 12, 2021.

message 25: by Debra Diggs (new)

Debra Diggs | 1582 comments I am looking forward to reading The Children's Blizzard by Melanie Benjamin. Release date is January 12. It is a historical fiction about the freak blizzard on the Great Plains in 1888.

message 26: by jb (new)

jb Byrkit (jbbyrkit) | 380 comments I am looking forward to Something is Killing the Children #2 (volume 3).

message 27: by LCPL (new)

jb wrote: "I am looking forward to Something is Killing the Children #2 (volume 3)."

We just got the second volume in the library available for checkout this week.

message 28: by Debra Diggs (last edited May 04, 2021 10:20AM) (new)

Debra Diggs | 1582 comments Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir was released today. I am number 130 on the wait list! .....Loved The Martian.

message 29: by LCPL (new)

Where the Drowned Girls Go by Seanan McGuire - it is the 7th book in the series and it focuses on the other school and I'm so excited to read this one.

message 30: by Debra Diggs (last edited May 05, 2021 08:02AM) (new)

Debra Diggs | 1582 comments I have been looking at the Wayward Series forever. I need to start book 1.

Edit: My gosh, I just up the 1st book. It is only 173 pages. I should be able to fit that in.

message 31: by LCPL (new)

Debra Digs wrote: "I have been looking at the Wayward Series forever. I need to start book 1.

Edit: My gosh, I just up the 1st book. It is only 173 pages. I should be able to fit that in."

They are very quick reads.

message 32: by Debra Diggs (new)

Debra Diggs | 1582 comments Krystyna wrote: "Debra Digs wrote: "I have been looking at the Wayward Series forever. I need to start book 1.

Edit: My gosh, I just up the 1st book. It is only 173 pages. I should be able to fit that in."

They are very quick reads.

.."

I have it on hold. I am #6.

message 33: by Lacie (new)

Lacie DeGough (ldegough) | 53 comments Small Favors by Erin Craig.
Gilded by Marissa Meyer.
Cytonic by Brandon Sanderson.

message 34: by Debra Diggs (new)

Debra Diggs | 1582 comments .
I am looking forward to a February 2022 new release:

Diablo Mesa by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child

This is the third in the series. I am reading second one now. I have read and enjoyed many, many Preston and Child books.