Let's Talk About Julie Garwood discussion

The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1)
This topic is about The Gamble
Group Reads or Buddy Reads > August 2014 Group Read: The Gamble by Kristen Ashley

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 2159 comments Mod
Had a tie for August...

The Gamble

Nina Sheridan’s on a timeout adventure in the Colorado Mountains. She needs distance from her clueless fiancé, distance to decide whether she wants to spend the rest of her life with a man who doesn’t care enough to learn how she takes her coffee.

Arriving in a blinding snowstorm at the A-Frame she rented, she comes face to face with the most amazing man she’s ever seen. Minutes later, when he kicks her out of his house, she goes head to head with him.

Beyond angry because she’s flown half a world away to start her timeout adventure, not to mention her sinuses hurt, she heads back down the mountain and ends up in a ditch. Unable to extricate herself, she gives up, hopes for rescue and falls asleep in the backseat.

The next morning she wakes up in the amazing man’s bed and she’s sick as a dog.

Holden Maxwell spends days nursing her back to health and then he spends the next two weeks trying to convince her to take her Colorado adventure further, in other words, make it permanent and take a gamble on him.

Nina has a tough time fighting her attraction to Max, especially when it seems all Max’s friends, her mother and stepdad and the whole town want them together and both she and Max get embroiled in the murder of Max’s ex-friend and the town of Gnaw Bone’s most detested resident – a man everyone has motive to kill, especially Max.

message 2: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 1033 comments Mod
I haven't read this one. I have it on Kindle. Hmmm... Maybe I can get to it in August.

message 3: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hope so, LK. It's a good one!

Jewel | 350 comments Just found a copy of this so I might read it after I'm done with Dreaming of you

message 5: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Awesome!

message 6: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Getting ready to start! It's a reread for me but I loved it.

message 7: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new) - rated it 4 stars

You are very B.A.D., Pamela. I just used one of my audible.com credits to get the audio of this. I'll start listening as I do my long list of errands today.

message 8: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new) - rated it 4 stars

Okay, got it downloaded to my iPod. My goodness, it is long; three sections to download.

Now to double-check my "To Do List" and get off GRs and get my butt in gear. Guess which one is harder? LOL!

message 9: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new) - rated it 5 stars

lol kudos for all your hard work!

message 10: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new) - rated it 4 stars

I started listening to this yesterday. I'm not exactly sure where I am, but I'm enjoying it. Very well narrated. I can't believe she can do the hero's voice so well.

Jewel | 350 comments This one is real fun.

message 12: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Loved it!

message 13: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new) - rated it 4 stars

I finished this one over the week-end. It took me way to long to listen to, but my little handy-dandy on-off switch on my earbugs broke. That... and the book was long. I did enjoy it, though. The hero wasn't too alpha, just a smidgen.

message 14: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new) - rated it 5 stars

He had he moments but I loved the book!

message 15: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new) - rated it 4 stars

I liked the heroine, too. Very well narrated.

message 16: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new) - rated it 4 stars

I don't know if I'll finish the other BOM book, but I'll try. I listening to something a bit lighter now: The Mane Event (Pride, #1) by Shelly Laurenston - finally getting to it.