What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Alien Rule (Clans of Kalquor, #2)
This topic is about Alien Rule
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Science fiction romance: the alien romance where human female is questioned in alien court? [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy*skye.rhyme (last edited Jun 04, 2018 05:04PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy*skye.rhyme | 184 comments It's a mars-needs-women type thing, but I don't remember any details other than this: the human female "mate" the alien leader brought back to his planet was a threat to some villainous councilman trying to gain power behind the throne. To try to stop the mating, the heroine was basically put through a courtroom trial in front of the alien council of whatever planet they're on (against the hero's wishes), thinking this will prove how weak a human would be to help lead their people, when compared to the perfect alien female (meaning brainwashed, easily controllable) they had lined up. She's there and is questioned also.

---- SPOILERS BELOW ----

During interrogation, the human heroine recounts a childhood trauma about being the only one who could save her sister's life when the two young girls and their babysitter were caught in a tornado, or hurricane or something. The babysitter was useless and injured (or maybe even dead in the bathtub, I can't remember). This forced the heroine who was less than 10 yrs old, I think, to make her way through the the storm, and other dead people to finally reach help. She was even impaled with a chunk of wood from a telephone pole or something when she finally reached help to send back to her sister. She refused to die until she saved her sister! After the people of planet whatever heard her tearful account, the alien chick was out of the running! In fact, she withdrew her bid to be his wife on her own, much to the villainous politician's dismay. And that's it. That's all I remember...

message 2: by Kris (last edited May 31, 2018 06:58PM) (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
Amy*skye.rhyme, around what year did you read this book? This will help narrow down the search.

What's the tone - romantic, angsty, steamy/clean, etc.?

Can you tell us more about the couple - her job on Earth, his unique alien traits, how and where they met, etc.?

Is there trial by combat (e.g., Craving by Lisa Lace)?

Tips for posting a book request: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Amy*skye.rhyme | 184 comments Read sometime in the last 2-3 years. It's an alien + human mate sci fi romance. There wasn't any angst really and the hero had never even slept with the alien rival, nor had he planned to consider her. I don't recall why he was on earth but he knew our heroine was his fated mate, so he brought her to his planet. Strangely, I don't remember any details for the heroine's job or how he found her, or what she looked like, etc. But I do remember one other thing about the alien ow/rival....She was a puppet for her uncle who sought to replace the royal family. The slime-ball was buying other council members votes by drugging her and allowing the men to use her while she was unconscious. The drug caused brief amnesia every time, so the girl doesn't remember any of it until she and the heroine were being questioned. It was like in a court trial to judge the better mate for their leader, They had the equivalent of lawyers to present each side in front of the council of elders and they broadcast it the entire planet. It was the bravery and determination of a
7 year old to save her sister in that disaster that won everyone over. Even the alien chick voted for her after that!

Amy*skye.rhyme | 184 comments Solved - Alien Rule by Tracy St. John

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Craving (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lisa Lace (other topics)