YA Book Addicts discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 104 (104 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Here is for the advice or support from problems in school

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

So I'm starting high school this year. Is there any advice I can get from the older members? Just what's good to know and stuff.

message 3: by Milan (new)

Milan (thehopelesspizza) | 144 comments @lauren oh cool I'm starting high school too. I'm really nervous

message 4: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Jordyn | 2757 comments Mod
I'm going into 10th grade. I will say there's a lot more work and quizzes and tests. Especially of you are in a pre-Ap or honors class! Although the stuff is harder it's not unbearable. Like I thought it was going to be college hard (but I overreact and overanalyze stuff) but it wasn't too bad.

message 5: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Don't be too nervous. The school is bigger but you get ALOT more freedom!!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah so am I. I go to a private school and all the kids older are actually nice but I still want to know some more about it

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

You're in highschool Jordyn?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Sorry I didn't see your first comment. So your a year ahead of me. Thanks!:)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah I have college hard in my mind too. And it doesn't help with teachers and parents saying this is the most important thing that colleges look at are your freshman grades

message 10: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Yep I'm a grade above you(: yeah my parents were like you can't screw up freshman year and this is the start of your college life and stuff. But really it's not too bad!! Like just look past the pressure because worrying about doing well will most likely make you do worse. Freshman year is important but school in general is important! Colleges aren't JUST going to look at freshman year. They will look at all of highschool. And it's your overall grade in freshman year that matters by the way. Not each semester so it's easier if you think about it!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah I actually try not to think of it. To me summer is an infinite amount of time ........ That ends in two weeks

message 12: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

Erin (eisawesome) | 1215 comments Mod
Freshman year here I come

message 13: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Hahaha yeah :p

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay I'm not the only freshman you me and Milan will face it together well I'll tell you about it after the first day now I'm making everyday of summer count

message 15: by Milan (new)

Milan (thehopelesspizza) | 144 comments @lauren yeah :)
I'm so nervous/excited. I don't start school until September but I have Orientation and stuff in like a week....ah

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah I have that next friday

message 17: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

I had orientation yesterday, and know I am totally messing with my new I pad

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

LittleMissBookworm(lauren) wrote: "So I'm starting high school this year. Is there any advice I can get from the older members? Just what's good to know and stuff."

Well Lauren I'm going to be a Senior so listen up...upperclassman do not like freshies trying to suck up to them and be chums...so stick with your spectrum and if seniors or juniors talk with you..just be yourself don't cozy up...also always do your homework on time! The only sucking up you should do is to teachers and if you have your own brand of humor..use it! This isn't middle school anymore:)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

And don't worry about freshman year being the most pivotal..I didn't have great grades my freshman year but junior year was defiantly my most accomplished...more advice Join clubs..it's a great way to meet new peeps and show your creative side;)

message 20: by Janessa (new)

Janessa I'm in college so if any of you have questions about what to look forward to or what to do let me know I'll try to answer your questions as best I can:)

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay thanks!

message 22: by Jordy (new)

Jordy | 49 comments I'm also starting high school, and all of my friends seem to be nervous and really I just think its another year of school. There may be more work, and harder classes but it seems to be basically the same as before. Maybe I'm wrong.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Mhmm:)

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Its not much different but a lot more freedom and fun:)

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah I guess

message 26: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Yeah it's just like how you move from 6th to 7th grade or 7th to 8th. It's jut another grade up so yeah there will be more work and harder things. But not like majorly! There's more freedom yet more responsibility

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I love high school..it's like I can actually be myself..I love it so much:)

message 28: by Kynkynsmc (new)

Kynkynsmc (little infinities) | 152 comments I'm going to a new private school this year. I'm really nervous because it's not super diverse. But I'm excited because everything we do will be on our computers!

message 29: by Alma (new)

Alma (alma64037) I'm also starting high school this year and to be honest I'm kinda scared because some people have told me it's hard and some that it's great. I'm also worried if I'll meet some new friends who like the same stuff as I do and who won't judge me.

message 30: by Jordy (new)

Jordy | 49 comments Alma wrote: "I'm also starting high school this year and to be honest I'm kinda scared because some people have told me it's hard and some that it's great. I'm also worried if I'll meet some new friends who lik..."

Yes I totally want to meet new people. Like all my best friends are leaving me :( So I need to meet some people

message 31: by Alma (new)

Alma (alma64037) Jordy wrote: "Alma wrote: "I'm also starting high school this year and to be honest I'm kinda scared because some people have told me it's hard and some that it's great. I'm also worried if I'll meet some new fr..."

Same... Only one girl from my school is going to the same high school but we never really hang out so I don't know her that well. I'm a really shy person so it's hard for me to make new friends.

message 32: by Janessa (new)

Janessa For those of you trying to make new friends and wondering how to fit in in high school one advice I have is to join some of the clubs and groups your schools have. They can be whatever you are interested in or something new you would like to try! You'll meet a lot of people and feel like you are apart of your school outside of the classrooms. When I was in high school I was involved in drama and it has lead to a life long passion:)

message 33: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

I am not so scared about starting High school, one because I have an older brother who lived through it, two because I don't have to make new friends because I have know all the people in my grade since kindergarden, and three there is only four schools in my town and which means that there is only one high school

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay thanks for the advice guys

message 35: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

you are welcome even though I did not give any advice.

Oh heres some. be yourself because everybody else is already taken

message 36: by Kynkynsmc (new)

Kynkynsmc (little infinities) | 152 comments Erin wrote: "you are welcome even though I did not give any advice.

Oh heres some. be yourself because everybody else is already taken"

preach!!

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Amen Erin that could be a quote or something

message 38: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

Yeah it could, just come to me when you need some inspiring quotes or sayings

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha okay:)

message 40: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

Yeah, I am full of them

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm full of quotes too, book quotes

message 42: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

I am full of all sorts of quotes

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha I can spurt them out

message 44: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

I was writing a report once and in every sentence there was a quote or a saying. I didn't mean to

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah my papers contain a minimum of 5

message 46: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

This was a 100 sentence paper

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh wow

message 48: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

I am so not ready for school. I just went shopping and I am totally not wanting to go back

message 49: by Jordyn, Organizer Lieutenant (new)

Same/: I don't want summer to be over. I'm going to a new school next year and I'm so nervous..

message 50: by Erin, Director of Fun and Games (new)

I just want to have my summer vacation, not spring and then summer

« previous 1 3