Christian Fiction Bloggers discussion

Duo Team Challenge (6/12/18-?) > Monique & Dawn (M) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 97 (97 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited May 30, 2018 11:04AM) (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 9610 comments Mod
Monique & Dawn, this is your thread for chatting and planning. :)

Link to Review Thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

message 3: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited May 30, 2018 11:05AM) (new)

RULES

*Team Roles: Assigned categories can be divvied up however each team would like. Keep in mind that for a team to complete a category, only one member of the duo needs to read a book for that category.
*Page Count: Unless the category you are completing gives a specific page count, there is NOT a minimum page count for this challenge.
*Format: You can read any format you like (eBook, audiobook, print, etc).
*Genre: As long as your book matches the instructions for the category you are completing, you can read any genre you like (picture books, poetry books, manga, travel books, fiction, nonfiction... anything goes!).
*Read Dates: You can use books you've started reading at any time, however you must finish the books on or after the challenge start date.
*Rereads: Books read for this challenge must be books you are reading for the first time (no rereads).

So, as long as you will be finishing your book for the first time during this challenge, and your book works for the category you are completing, go for it! :)

message 4: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited May 30, 2018 10:59AM) (new)

Categories:

*Read a historical novel
*Read a suspense novel
*Read a contemporary novel
*Read a Biblical fiction novel
*Read a fantasy/sci-fi novel
*Read a YA novel
*Read a book with 100-199 pages
*Read a book with 200-299 pages
*Read a book with 300-399 pages
*Read a book with 400+ pages

*Read a book that has a man and woman on the cover
*Read a book with a single woman on the cover
*Read a book with a single man on the cover
*Read a book with a person on the cover NOT showing their face
*Read a book with a moon on the cover
*Read a book with a water on the cover
*Read a book with a bridge on the cover
*Read a book with a mostly white cover
*Read a book with a mostly black cover
*Read a book with a mostly blue cover

*Read a book with a mostly green cover
*Read a book with a mode of transportation (car, boat, bicycle, etc.) on the cover
*Read a book with a dog or cat on the cover or in the title
*Read a book with a baby on the cover or in title
*Read a book with three or more people on the cover
*Read a book with a road (dirt or paved) on the cover
*Read a book with a dress on the cover
*Read a book without people on the cover
*Read a book with a hat on the cover
*Read a book with a fence on the cover

*Read a book that DOESN'T have the words "A, An, or The" in the title
*Read a book that DOES have the words "A, An, or The" in the title
*Read a book with a family relationship in the title (son, daughter, mother, etc)
*Read a book that has "And" in the title
*Read a book with a one word title
*Read a book with a hyphen in the title (e.g. Christmas Cover-Up)
*Read a book with an apostrophe in the title (e.g. Grace's Pictures)
*Read a book with a number in the title (e.g. The 30-Day Praise Challenge / Three Little Words)
*Read a book with a profession in the title (Doctor, midwife, etc)
*Read a book with a double letter in the title (e.g. Falling for You - double "L"' in Falling)

*Read a book published in the spring (March-June)
*Read a book published in the summer (June-September)
*Read a book published in the fall (September-December)
*Read a book published in the winter (December-March)
*Read a book that is the first book in its series
*Read a book that is the last book in its series
*Read a book that is NOT part of a series
*Read a book that is part of a trilogy (only three books in the series)
*Read a book that is part of a series with 4+ books
*Read a book with 5 or more vowels in the title (e.g. The Rose of Winslow Street)

*Read a book that is set during a war
*Read a book set OUTSIDE the USA
*Read a book with a police officer or soldier (must include text which mentions them)
*Read a book with a doctor or nurse (must include text which mentions them)
* Read a book with something musical on the cover or in the title (i.e. an instrument, musical notes, etc.)
*Read a debut novel
*Read a book that was not originally published this year (2018)
*Read a book with stars on the cover
*Read a book with a suitcase/luggage on the cover
*Read a book with an author with three names (must be on the cover)
e.g. Sisterchicks on the Loose (Sisterchicks, #1) by Robin Jones Gunn

message 5: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Challenge officially starts 6/12/18, so make sure you finish your books on or after that date.

message 6: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1166 comments How do you want to split up the categories? I'm fine with pretty much anything except Biblical fiction. Not into that one.

message 7: by Monique (last edited Sep 26, 2018 03:42PM) (new)

Monique S. (moniquethebookgeek) | 1279 comments Thank you for teaming up with me Dawn! I look forward to working with you on this challenge! :)

I’ve simplified our category list a bit and numbered the categories to make them easier to reference. We’ll need to read a different book for each of these categories.

Categories:

✔️1) A historical novel
✔️2) A suspense novel
✔️3) A contemporary novel
✔️4) A biblical fiction novel
✔️5) A fantasy/sci-fi novel
✔️6) A young adult/YA novel
✔️7) A book with 100-199 pages
✔️8) A book with 200-299 pages
✔️9) A book with 300-399 pages
✔️10) A book with 400+ pages
✔️11) A book with a man and woman on the cover
✔️12) A book with a single woman on the cover
✔️13) A book with a single man on the cover
✔️14) A book with a person not showing their face on the cover
✔️15) A book with a moon on the cover
✔️16) A book with water on the cover
✔️17) A book with a bridge on the cover
✔️18) A book with a mostly white cover
✔️19) A book with a mostly black cover
✔️20) A book with a mostly blue cover
✔️21) A book with a mostly green cover
✔️22) A book with a mode of transportation on the cover
✔️23) A book with a dog or cat on the cover or in the title
✔️24) A book with a baby on the cover or in title
✔️25) A book with 3+ people on the cover
✔️26) A book with a road (dirt or paved) on the cover
✔️27) A book with a dress on the cover
✔️28) A book with no people on the cover
✔️29) A book with a hat on the cover
✔️30) A book with a fence on the cover
✔️31) A book without the words “A,” “AN,” or “THE” in the title
✔️32) A book with the words “A,” “AN,” or “THE” in the title
✔️33) A book with a family relationship in the title (son, daughter, mother, etc)
✔️34) A book with the word “AND” in the title
✔️35) A book with a one word title
✔️36) A book with a hyphen in the title
✔️37) A book with an apostrophe in the title
✔️38) A book with a number in the title
✔️39) A book with a profession in the title
✔️40) A book with a double letter in the title
✔️41) A book published in the spring (March-June)
✔️42) A book published in the summer (June-September)
✔️43) A book published in the fall (September-December)
✔️44) A book published in the winter (December-March)
✔️45) The first book in a series
✔️46) The last book in a series
✔️47) A book that is not part of a series
✔️48) A book that is part of a trilogy
✔️49) A book that is part of a series with 4+ books
✔️50) A book with 5+ vowels in the title
✔️51) A book set during a war
✔️52) A book set outside the USA
✔️53) A book with a police officer or soldier in its text
✔️54) A book with a doctor or nurse in its text
✔️55) A book with something musical on the cover or in the title
✔️56) A debut novel
✔️57) A book that was not originally published this year (2018)
✔️58) A book with stars on the cover
✔️59) A book with suitcase/luggage on the cover
✔️60) A book that’s author has three names

TOTAL TASKS COMPLETE: 60/60✔️

Here is the link to our team spreadsheet.

message 8: by Monique (last edited Sep 26, 2018 03:42PM) (new)

Monique S. (moniquethebookgeek) | 1279 comments Now here is where I would like to keep a list of books we are, will be, or might be reading for this challenge and the categories they work for. I will modify this post regularly based on our chats Dawn, and we can sort out which books we will use for each category as we go along… I hope this further simplifies things for us. We just need to remember that we can't have finished reading any of these books until after 12:01 AM (Eastern Time) on Tuesday June 12th. :)

✔️1) Hidden Among the Stars by Melanie Dobson - historical novel - Dawn - FINISHED✔️
✔️2) Lone Witness (Atlanta Justice, #2) by Rachel Dylan - suspense novel - Dawn - FINISHED✔️
✔️3) The Austen Escape by Katherine Reay - contemporary novel - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️4) The Shack by William Paul Young - biblical fiction novel - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️5) The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, #1) by Brandon Sanderson - fantasy/sci-fi novel - Dawn - FINISHED✔️
✔️6) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter #7) by J.K. Rowling - young adult/YA novel - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️7) The Mystery at Lilac Inn (Nancy Drew, #4) by Carolyn Keene - 100-199 (180) pages - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️8) Bob Langrish’s World of Horses A Master Photographer’s Lifelong Quest to Capture the Most Magnificent Horses in the World by Bob Langrish - 200-299 (208) pages - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️9) A Rebel Heart (Daughtry House #1) by Beth White - 300-399 (368) pages - Dawn - FINISHED✔️
✔️10) The Masterpiece by Francine Rivers - 400+ (512) pages - Dawn - FINISHED✔️
✔️11) More Than Meets the Eye (Patchwork Family, #1) by Karen Witemeyer - man and woman on cover - Dawn - FINISHED✔️
✔️12) The Hope of Azure Springs by Rachel Fordham - single woman on cover - Dawn - FINISHED✔️
✔️13) Dead Drift (Chesapeake Valor, #4) by Dani Pettrey - single man on cover - Dawn - FINISHED✔️
✔️14) Meet Me at the Farmers Market by Lisa Pelto - person not showing face on cover - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️15) Steam Train, Dream Train by Sherri Duskey Rinker - moon on cover - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️16) Edison The Mystery of the Missing Mouse Treasure by Torben Kuhlmann - water on cover - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️17) Wild Buildings and Bridges Architecture Inspired by Nature by Etta Kaner - bridge on cover - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️18) Joy by Corrine Averiss - mostly white cover - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️19) This Beautiful Day by Richard Jackson - mostly black cover - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️20) Box of Butterflies Discovering the Unexpected Blessings All Around Us by Roma Downey - mostly blue cover - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️21) The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew, #3) by Carolyn Keene - mostly green cover - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️22) I Can Only Imagine A Friendship with Jesus Now and Forever by Bart Millard - mode of transportation on cover - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️23) Gobi A Little Dog with a Big Heart by Dion Leonard - dog on cover - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️24) Dr. Jo How Sara Josephine Baker Saved the Lives of America's Children by Monica Kulling - baby on cover - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️25) Home by Another Way A Christmas Story by Barbara Brown Taylor - 3 people on cover - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️26) A Boy and a House by Maja Kastelic - road on cover - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️27) I Pledge Allegiance by Pat Mora - dress on cover - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️28) Birds from Head to Tail by Stacey Roderick - no people on cover - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️29) A Place Called Home (A Place Called Home, #1) by Lori Wick - hat on cover - Dawn - FINISHED✔️
✔️30) Love Is by Diane Adams - fence on cover - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️31) Country Living Tiny Homes Living Big in Small Spaces by Country Living - doesn't have “A,” “AN,” or “THE” in title - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️32) A Defense of Honor (Haven Manor, #1) by Kristi Ann Hunter - has “A,” “AN,” or “THE” in title - Dawn - FINISHED✔️
✔️33) Who Counts? 100 Sheep, 10 Coins, and 2 Sons by Amy-Jill Levine - family relationship in title - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️34) Miracles Happen The Life and Timeless Principles of the Founder of Mary Kay Inc. by Mary Kay Ash - has the word “AND” in title - Dawn - FINISHED✔️
✔️35) Wonder by R.J. Palacio - one word title - Dawn - FINISHED✔️
✔️36) Fish-Boy by Vanita Oelschlager - hyphen in title - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️37) Pip's Big Hide and Seek Book by Thaïs Vanderheyden - apostrophe in title - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️38) 101 Awesome Women Who Changed Our World by Julia Adams - number in title - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️39) Ivy in Bloom The Poetry of Spring from Great Poets and Writers from the Past by Vanita Oelschlager - professions in title - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️40) Happy Veggies by Mayumi Oda - double letter in title - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️41) Lester's Dreadful Sweaters by K.G. Campbell - published in the spring (March-June) - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️42) Benji and the Giant Kite by Alan C. Fox - published in summer (June-September) - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️43) God's Great Love for You by Rick Warren - published in fall (September-December) - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️44) The Masquerade (Legacy of Love #1) by Melanie Dobson - published in winter (December-March) - Dawn - FINISHED✔️
✔️45) This Present Darkness (Darkness Set, #1) by Frank E. Peretti - first book in a series - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️46) Library Mouse Home Sweet Home by Daniel Kirk - last book in a series - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️47) The Gift That I Can Give by Kathie Lee Gifford - NOT part of a series - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️48) Called to Protect (Blue Justice #2) by Lynette Eason - part of a trilogy - Dawn - FINISHED✔️
✔️49) Curious George Goes to the Zoo by H.A. Rey - part of a series of 4+ books - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️50) The Crescent Stone by Matt Mikalatos - 5+ vowels in title - Dawn - FINISHED✔️
✔️51) The Love Letter by Rachel Hauck - set during a war - Dawn - FINISHED✔️
✔️52) Journey to Jericho (The Secret of the Hidden Scrolls #4) by M.J. Thomas - set outside the USA (Jericho) - Dawn - FINISHED✔️
✔️53) The Houdini Box by Brian Selznick - police officer or soldier in text - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️54) Mary Walker Wears the Pants The True Story of the Doctor, Reformer, and Civil War Hero by Cheryl Harness - doctor in text - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️55) Sing Freedom! by Vanita Oelschlager - musical word in title (sing) - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️56) National Parks of the USA by Kate Siber - debut novel - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️57) The House on Foster Hill by Jaime Jo Wright - NOT originally published in 2018 - Dawn - FINISHED✔️
✔️58) Starry Skies Learn about the constellations above us by Samantha Chagollan - stars on cover - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️59) The Year of the Three Sisters by Andrea Cheng - luggage on cover - Monique - FINISHED✔️
✔️60) Simon and the Big, Bad, Angry Beasts A Book about Anger by Ian De Haes - author has 3 names - Monique - FINISHED✔️

Note: In case you wonder why I'm covering many tasks for this challenge with children's books, I'm currently working on writing and illustrating children's books, so I'm reading a lot of children's books for research and inspiration. ;)

message 9: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1166 comments I like this. Of my current reads though, I've actually finished Hearts Entwined, and Place Called Home is a reread for me. I read it before Goodreads existed.

I promise that I will TRY to remember to update my reading progress.

Here are a few others I'm currently reading: Sugar Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #6) by Joanne Fluke (It's being tracked on Goodreads)

Furyborn (Empirium, #1) by Claire Legrand

An Inconvenient Beauty (Hawthorne House #4) by Kristi Ann Hunter

message 10: by Monique (last edited Aug 21, 2018 03:39PM) (new)

Monique S. (moniquethebookgeek) | 1279 comments Thank you Dawn! Our books so far cover multiple tasks and can be moved around if needed. :)

I'm trying to match books to the most challenging categories first, with no problem. :)

message 11: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1166 comments I just got 3 in the mail today. But of course I haven't opened them up! lol

message 12: by Monique (last edited May 31, 2018 09:43AM) (new)

Monique S. (moniquethebookgeek) | 1279 comments Don't you love getting books in the mail or delivered to your home in some other way? This always gives me a euphoric feeling, like its my birthday or something and I've just gotten the best gift. ;)

message 13: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1166 comments I know! They are three review titles, so when I get a chance I'll add the covers and you can figure out where they go. LOL

message 14: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1166 comments Sugar Cookie Murder will count as suspense if we need it to.

message 15: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

I created a spreadsheet, which you guys can use if you want. :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 16: by Monique (last edited Jul 09, 2018 12:32PM) (new)

Monique S. (moniquethebookgeek) | 1279 comments Thanks for the spreadsheet Melanie. I'll be keeping track of our progress using message #s 7 & 8 in this thread as well as the spreadsheet, if that's alright with Dawn. :)

I'm really enjoying sorting our books Dawn (it's a bit like a puzzle) and I will do my best to match the books we both want to read to categories that fit them. :)

message 17: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1166 comments Monique I'm happy to let you sort. Mel thanks for the spreadsheet.

message 18: by Monique (new)

Monique S. (moniquethebookgeek) | 1279 comments Thanks Dawn. I hope your week is going well so far and that you are enjoying your reads. :)

I love the flexibility of this challenge! Sixty categories seems like a lot for a team of two to take on, however most books seem to match at least five categories. Also, without a page minimum and the with ability to read children's books for this challenge, many of the categories can be finished with quick reads, which I love. :)

message 19: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1166 comments These are the review titles that I got in the other day. So I know that I'll be starting them soon.

A Rebel Heart (Daughtry House Book #1) by Beth White
Lone Witness by Rachel Dylan
More Than Meets the Eye by Karen Witemeyer

message 20: by Monique (last edited Jul 09, 2018 12:31PM) (new)

Monique S. (moniquethebookgeek) | 1279 comments I had more editions added to this book (paperback & hardcover):
A Rebel Heart (Daughtry House #1) by Beth White
I've also entered a chance to win a copy of this book. :)

I plan on reading the final chapter or last few pages of this book on the first day of this challenge (Tuesday, June 12th - after this countdown winds down):
Box of Butterflies Discovering the Unexpected Blessings All Around Us by Roma Downey

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) by J.K. Rowling <---As it turns out, I'm not going to be able to use this book for this challenge because I realized that the expiration date of my library loan of this book is on the morning of Monday, June 11th, the day before the start of this challenge.

message 21: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1166 comments I'm pretty close to being done with Masterpiece. I'll save the last bit for the first day of the challenge.

message 22: by Monique (last edited Jun 12, 2018 09:25AM) (new)

Monique S. (moniquethebookgeek) | 1279 comments The day has finally come, this challenge has officially started! This challenge is pushing me to read more, which I am really happy about. 🙂

I finished Box of Butterflies this morning and the #20 "mostly blue cover" category.

I hope you are enjoying Masterpiece Dawn, and I hope you're having a blessed week so far. 🙂

message 23: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1166 comments I finished Masterpiece this morning, so I'm posting the review for it.

message 24: by Monique (last edited Jun 15, 2018 07:35AM) (new)

Monique S. (moniquethebookgeek) | 1279 comments Nice Dawn! I've updated message #s 7 & 8 in this thread. I've also made a few changes to and updated our reads in our team spreadsheet. I'll be updating these daily. 🙂

message 25: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1166 comments I just finished More than Meets the Eye. I'm on my phone so can't update easily.

message 26: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1166 comments Also for the one word title, I'll try to get a copy if Wonder. I haven't read it yet but want to.

message 27: by Monique (last edited Jun 15, 2018 07:40AM) (new)

Monique S. (moniquethebookgeek) | 1279 comments Wonder seems like a lovely book. I've been wanting to read this since I saw the film adaptation last year. This book is available at most libraries and would work well for the one word title category. 🙂

I hope you have a great weekend Dawn! 🙂

message 28: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1166 comments I got the Kindle version from the library, so I'm charging my Kindle now and hope to get lost in the book tonight/tomorrow. It's probably going to rain all weekend, so it's perfect reading weather.

message 29: by Monique (new)

Monique S. (moniquethebookgeek) | 1279 comments Nice! I love reading when it's raining as well! 🙂

message 30: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1166 comments I just posted my review for Wonder. Don't forget to edit the post to remove Hearts Entwined (finished before the challenge started) and Long Road Home (I've already read this book. The author's a favorite, so I can't use it for the challenge.)

message 31: by Monique (last edited Jun 26, 2018 07:58PM) (new)

Monique S. (moniquethebookgeek) | 1279 comments How are you doing Dawn? Is there anything else you would like me to add to or remove from message #8 of this chat?

I believe I'm finished with all of my quick read children's NetGalley review books, for now, which matched up with many of what I thought to be the most challenging categories of this challenge. Now its onto the longer, more wordy books that will take me a bit more time to read. I love that this challenge is encouraging me to catch up on some NetGalley review books and finish books and book series I've already started. :)

message 32: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1166 comments We need to remove Long Road Home because it was a reread for me.

I'm about to start a novella collection called Timeless Love. I think it has 9 novellas, and per Mel, if each novella is also available separately, we can count them.

I'm struggling with Furyborn.

I just restarted Sugar Cookie Murder (I had forgotten what I read).

message 33: by Monique (last edited Jun 20, 2018 11:44PM) (new)

Monique S. (moniquethebookgeek) | 1279 comments I'm not seeing a book called "Long Road Home" on our reading plan Dawn... I'm guessing you're referring to "A Place Called Home," so I've removed this book.

Who is the author of the "Timeless Love" novella collection you are starting on Dawn? :)

message 34: by Dawn (last edited Jun 21, 2018 10:21AM) (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1166 comments Timeless Love Romantic Stories that Span the Ages by Andrea Boeshaar It had various authors. one of them is Dawn Crandall. I think Andrea Boeshear is part of it too.

If the novellas are available separately, we can count each one as something different. If not, than we can do the whole collection.

Here are the individual novellas:
Give Me Thine Heart by Andrea Boeshaar

The Heart of Home by Stephenia H. McGee

This Freedom Journey by Misty M. Beller

Enchanting Nicholette by Dawn Crandall

Teach Me To Love by Kari Trumbo

Façade by Pepper D. Basham

Bookishly Ever After by Sarah Monzon

I couldn't tell if they're available individually on Amazon or not.

message 35: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Dawn, since they have individual pages on Goodreads they will work. :)

message 36: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1166 comments Yay! Thanks Melanie!

Monique, I'll let you figure out where they belong. You're awesome at that!

message 37: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1166 comments Since I m reading the Timeless Love collection, is it ok if my review link is the collection as one post but the review itself is broken down per novella?

message 38: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Sure, post each individual novella separately and just link to the collection review. :)

message 39: by Monique (last edited Jun 23, 2018 06:06AM) (new)

Monique S. (moniquethebookgeek) | 1279 comments I took some time earlier moving a few books around and matching all of those novellas with categories, which I enjoyed doing. It's great that a category will be fulfilled with each novella in that collection! :)

message 40: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1166 comments Thanks so much Monique for finding "homes" for those novellas. So when I finish the collection, we'll complete 7 more categories!

message 41: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1166 comments I finished Rebel Heart last night and will have the review posted Monday. I'm working on the novella collection.

message 42: by Monique (new)

Monique S. (moniquethebookgeek) | 1279 comments Awesome! Thank you Dawn! Copying and pasting some of this may make your review post a bit easier. :)

A Rebel Heart (Daughtry House #1) by Beth White
Read by: Dawn
Date finished: 6/29/18
Rating: ? stars
Category: Read a book with 300-399 pages
How it works: There are 368 pages in this book.
Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I've been in a bit of a reading slump these last few days, too busy to read during the day and too tired to read at night, however I'm planning on spending most of the day tomorrow reading as we're supposed to be having rain and thunderstorms most of the day. :)

message 43: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1166 comments Awesome! Thanks. The review has to be on my blog on Monday, so I'll make sure to post it here too.

Rainy days are great for reading.

message 44: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1166 comments The Hope of Azure Springs by Rachel Fordham

Got that one in the mail yesterday.

I'm expecting Dead Drift (Chesapeake Valor, #4) by Dani Pettrey to hit my mailbox any day now.

message 45: by Monique (last edited Jul 03, 2018 04:16PM) (new)

Monique S. (moniquethebookgeek) | 1279 comments I rearranged a few books and matched those two books up with categories, in message #8 of this thread. I also updated our team spreadsheet. :)

message 46: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1166 comments Yay!

message 47: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1166 comments I finished Lone WItness over the weekend. It's an actual review book, so I'm hoping to get my blog post done and everything.

message 48: by Monique (new)

Monique S. (moniquethebookgeek) | 1279 comments Awesome Dawn! To save you some trouble, I went ahead and posted for you in our team review thread for "Lone Witness." I also updated our team spreadsheet along with message #s 7 & 8 of this thread. :)

message 49: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1166 comments Great. THough my review just says "Review soon." LOL. We might need more than that on the review link. Maybe. I'm not sure.

message 50: by Monique (new)

Monique S. (moniquethebookgeek) | 1279 comments Because our team is in the "moderate" tier of this challenge, reviews for our posts are welcomed but not mandatory. :)

« previous 1