SQHS YLL discussion

Hellfighters by Alexander Gordon Smith

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Isaiah (new)

Isaiah | 11 comments Hellfighters- The Devil’s Engine is the second book in the Hellraisers series by Alexander Gordon Smith. Book number two starts with the Hellraiser gang travelling on a train to London. They are on their way to get the Devil’s Engine and find out the truth about who they are fighting for. Marlow’s gang has to tackle several obstacles and deal with many casualties on their way to the engine. They must face Mammon’s gang along the way. Will they make it to the engine or will their plans get foiled by Mammon and his gang? Or by somebody else…?

I really liked this book. It was interesting and exciting throughout. There was a lot of fighting between humans and mythical creatures, which was my favorite part. I thought this book was well written and easy to read. I really got into the characters and enjoyed their stories. I would recommend this book if you like action, adventure and fantasy.

message 2: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Rodriguez | 7 comments This book sounds really exciting! Did you like the first book or the second book better? Are you planning on reading the 3rd book? Would you recommend this series?

message 3: by Isaiah (new)

Isaiah | 11 comments Nancy wrote: "This book sounds really exciting! Did you like the first book or the second book better? Are you planning on reading the 3rd book? Would you recommend this series?"

its a really good book and i liked the second book. i wish i had time to read the 3rd book. yes i would recommend it

message 4: by Mikey (new)

Mikey | 12 comments this series seems like theirs a lot of action in it. it also kinda sounds like a mystery. i have been looking to read a mystery book but i dont want it to be boring. but this series seems as if it has both in it

message 5: by Nathan (new)

Nathan Keeley | 8 comments This book sounds interesting. What was the best battle scene?