Strengths Finders discussion

Next book suggestion

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura | 27 comments Mod
Hey guys! what are your suggestions for book club? Let's get a list going so that people who use the library can put them on hold. I'm currently reading "the hate u give". is that a book you guys would want for book club? Dave has read it already and I believe he gave it a good rating.

message 2: by David (new)

David O'Neal | 35 comments Mod
did we settle on one the other night and this list is for future? we can take like 5 nominations and put it to a vote using goodreads.

message 3: by David (new)

am I the only person who has yet to read "A Thousand Splendid Suns"? That is on my summer reading list so I'd nominate that if people haven't ever read it. i gave a couple more previously too.

message 4: by Sean (new)

Sean | 9 comments The Map of Salt And Stars is one I want to read but I’m not too picky and also like trying something that others are wanting to read.

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura | 27 comments Mod
There hasn't been a book pick yet. I haven't read a thousand splendid suns or the map of salt and stars.

message 6: by Sean (new)

Sean | 9 comments So what did we decide on considering the poll? I need extra time to get my reading in and keep up with the group :)

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura | 27 comments Mod
We will go with "The Great Alone", 7 people voted and this book received 4 votes.

message 8: by David (new)

Laura: Are we going to take up Brianne on a beach house book club night? or Dana's roof? or another great restaurant? What are you thinking and when?

message 9: by Laura (new)

Laura | 27 comments Mod
August 3rd is the date for next meeting and the book for this meeting is The Great Alone. Brianne has offered to host at the beach house in West Seattle. Has everyone had a chance to vote for the next book?

message 10: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee | 12 comments Mod
I did :)

message 11: by Sean (new)

Sean | 9 comments So did I!

message 12: by David (new)

i think i had the poll end after 2 weeks, so if they didn't - too late :(

message 13: by Laura (new)

Laura | 27 comments Mod
Then it looks like "i'll be gone in the dark" is our next book. We can plan for that book club meeting on August 3rd

message 14: by David (new)

Maybe people can start nominating the next book after I’ll be gone” at the Aug 3rd discussion so we review one start the next and then nominate for the following?

message 15: by Laura (new)

Laura | 27 comments Mod
Good idea.

message 16: by David (new)

i was going to do a poll every 30 days for a new book and its been like 40 days. looks like crazy Rich Asians is the next book and maybe a club outing soonish? start sending me next choices using the theme of books made into screen. (movie, tv series, etc)

message 17: by Laura (new)

Laura | 27 comments Mod
Is this Friday too early to meet?

message 18: by David (new)

nope! combine it with Sean's farewell so send the email out to the book club group and have them join at like 5 and we will start Sean's goodbye at 4

message 19: by Laura (new)

Laura | 27 comments Mod
Oh dang. Just saw this. I don't think Dana or Carly are in town

message 20: by Sean (new)

Sean | 9 comments Do I get to still be in the book club with all the cool kids??? :)

message 21: by David (new)

haha i would say yes since many members aren't at Sound any more :)

message 22: by Laura (new)

Laura | 27 comments Mod
Man, I wanted to start a poll to schedule the next meeting

message 23: by David (new)

you can! just click on polls in that upper right menu area and create one

message 24: by Laura (new)

Laura | 27 comments Mod
Hi guys,

Let's meet November 9th for book club

message 25: by Sean (new)

Sean | 9 comments Okay! I'm there wherever there is.

message 26: by David (new)

yes!