Mrs. Blais's F Period Essentials discussion

Favorite Books

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mrs.Blais (new)

Mrs.Blais | 5 comments Mod
What is your favorite book that you've read this year? Why?

message 2: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Loubier | 3 comments My favorite book this year was “Sticks and Stones” its a story about a girls experience with slut shaming. She went out to a car with this guy and he wanted things she didn’t and she said no and walked away. They next day everyones looking at her and she knows exactly why. The guy had told everybody that they did things that they didn’t. She was so hurt so angry because what was being said wasn’t true. They book expands upon how she deals with this, what her parents do, and what the school does. Its a great short story and I definitely recommend.

message 3: by Grace (new)

Grace | 3 comments My favorite book I read this year was “Winger”. It was the story of a young boy who was accepted to college at an oddly young age. Not only was he the youngest of the sophomores, he was also by far the shortest. Andrew A Smith takes the reader through the comedic timeline of Ryan Deans year in college. He juggles, rugby jocks, the “witch” who lives downstairs , and the prettiest girl in the school. It’s a humorous novel that I highly recommend to anyone wanting a can’t-put-down book.

message 4: by Tommy (new)

Tommy | 4 comments Lies by Michael Grants. This is because it is an action packed thriller that relates to teenagers in a strange way

message 5: by Aidan (new)

Aidan Pj | 3 comments My favorite book I read this year was lord of the flies. I loved the setting and the way each of the characters developed personally. But also how all of the children on the island, stranded, interacted with each other. There was constantly action, or a puzzle to solve in this book and it constantly kept me on the edge of my seat trying to predict what would happen next. I also enjoyed this book due to how much it showed the characters thoughts (which was a lot). As I said before this book kept me constantly thinking and on my toes, making it a great overall read.

message 6: by Mica (new)

Mica Wishengrad | 4 comments My favorite book that I read this year was Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. It had many of the dystopian qualities I really enjoy reading, and the science fiction aspect of it was really well written, as was the entire book. It kept things realistic enough that it was believably a futuristic version of our current society, something surprising given it was written over sixty years ago. I also really enjoyed the more thought-provoking parts of the book and how there was much more too it than your average dystopian novel.

message 7: by Ella (new)

Ella G (elmeister) | 3 comments My favorite book that I’ve read so far this year would be I am the Messenger, by Markus Zusak. This book is a really fun read, with just the right amount of mystery, humor, romance, and danger mixed in. If you read The Book Thief and liked it, you’d really like I am the Messenger, because Mr. Zusak keeps his funny, insightful voice strong and consistent throughout his literary works. I literally could not put this book down, and had to stay up all night to finish it!

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate Dom | 4 comments my favorite book that i’ve read this year is the absolutely true diary of a part-time indian. it was my favorite because it does a really good job of telling a good, important story and also making it enjoyable. Even though the topic of the book was a tough issue, it has a lot of comedy and incorporates a really heart warming story in it. Whevener I read it I never wanted to put it down.

message 9: by Tommy (new)

Tommy | 4 comments My favorite book is the Hunger Games. For me it’s just one of those books that you either love or you hate, and I loved it! The reason I loved it was because the characters really connect to you and the action never stops.

message 10: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Lemire | 2 comments My favorite book that I've read so far is World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War. It is full of suspense and horror that is very unique. Along with the book, there was a movie that came out which I really enjoyed. The main reason I liked it so much was because it was about zombies, which is a really fascinating topic to me.