Pride and Prejudice Pride and Prejudice discussion

Searching for a book in historical romance - Hope you can help me!

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anabell Hi,
So I have been searching for a book that I cannot remember the title of. So I hope that maybe you guys can help. (Not sure if this is the right place to write. Im just going to give it a go)

I think its in the historical romance department.

The male lead has a sister that he needs to find a governess for. He is looking at a slave auction. The female lead is one of the slaves and is there with her sister. She persuade the man to take them both with him.

That is all I can remember. I think the woman has red hair.

I know its not that much to go on. I hope you can help. It has been driving me insane that I cannot find it and I can not get it out of my head.

message 2: by Kathleen (new) - added it

Kathleen sounds good if you can get it,i`ll be waiting for title

message 3: by Saving People, Hunting Things~ The Family Business (last edited Jul 30, 2014 03:04PM) (new)

Saving People, Hunting Things~ The Family Business There is a goodreads group where they can help you find the book:

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

Annemarie Donahue If you find the title will you post it here? This sounds like an interesting book that I'd like to read. Good luck in your search and I wish I could help.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Christin wrote: "Hi,
So I have been searching for a book that I cannot remember the title of. So I hope that maybe you guys can help. (Not sure if this is the right place to write. Im just going to give it a go)
..."

At first, I thought it might be an Ann Rinaldi book, but I'm not finding it readily. In addition to checking with the group mentioned, you might look through her book listings. She has some great reads. All historical fiction.

Renee E What era is it set in? And where, what continent?

Anabell Superlock - Will look in to that group. Thanks.

Kathleen and Annemarie - I will definitely write the title for you if I find it :-)

Shannon - Thanks, I will check her out.

Renee - Im not quite sure but Im guessing 1700 - 1800, Thanks.

John-Alan A man buying a red-haired female slave to be a governess? I'd suggest looking in the fantasy genre, rather than historical romance.

A governess (rather than a nurse) was entrusted with a child's upbringing and education and thus expected to be well educated herself. In the 1700-1800 time period slaves (at least the ones traded by Europeans) were illiterate (IIRC there were laws against teaching them to read and write, at least in the US). A red-haired slave also seems rather unlikely considering that context.

Renee E Perhaps not if it was set in the American south. There are, and have been for generations, a number of African-Americans with red hair. It's not so common that it goes unremarked, but it's not rare.

John-Alan Renee wrote: "Perhaps not if it was set in the American south. There are, and have been for generations, a number of African-Americans with red hair. It's not so common that it goes unremarked, but it's not rare."

Huh, I didn't know that. Thanks for pointing that out :).

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Pride and Prejudice (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ann Rinaldi (other topics)