YA Addicted Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Meet Our Auther, Josie Jaffrey

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Ask Josie a question or just come here to say hi! Have you read and loved one of her books? Let her know!

WELCOME JOSIE and THANK YOU for being our first SOTM!

message 2: by heather - NightlyReading (last edited May 31, 2018 09:21AM) (new)

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Hi Josie, I wanted to kick off the Q&A. The world you have created sounds so intriguing! Can you explain a little about it before we get into the book itself?

message 3: by Josie (new)

Josie Jaffrey (josiejaffrey) Hi Heather, and thank you so much for inviting me! I'm honoured to be your first SOTM!

The world of the Sovereign series is a future dystopia. It's set hundreds of years after a viral apocalypse has practically wiped out the world. Despite a cure having been discovered and administered, civilisation still hasn't recovered.

There's just one city left on Earth: a fairly primitive civilisation called the Blue, where the majority of humanity is enslaved under a group of 'Nobles'. The Gilded King follows one Noble (Cameron) and one Server (Julia) as they each try in their own way to find a way to make their world better.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments WOW! The world sounds sooo awesome! I can't wait to read the first book! You also have a novella series, can you tell us a little about that?

message 5: by Josie (new)

Josie Jaffrey (josiejaffrey) It's actually a series of full-length novels, the Solis Invicti series. There are four books in the series, and the last one was published last year.

They're set in the same world as the Sovereign series, but at the time of the viral apocalypse (which is around the present) in London, England. It's a paranormal romance series, following some of the same characters as appear in The Gilded King, and aimed at a slightly older audience - the books are New Adult rather than Young Adult.

I don't want to say much more about it, because I don't want to spoil The Gilded King!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Thanks Josie!

I am sure that I will have a ton of questions/comments while reading the book and it is so much fun to have access to the mind behind the story!

message 7: by Josie (new)

Josie Jaffrey (josiejaffrey) Thank you Heather! I'll be keeping an eye on this thread if anyone would like to ask me anything :)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I’m so excited to start the book!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Hi Josie,

I started the book last night. Question.... Are the Nobles some sort of vampires??? And when Julia speaks of staying human, does she mean that she stays blue and not becoming a noble??

message 10: by Josie (new)

Josie Jaffrey (josiejaffrey) Hi Heather,

I don’t want to spoil it for you! Keep reading ;)

Josie

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Josie wrote: "Hi Heather,

I don’t want to spoil it for you! Keep reading ;)

Josie"

lol! okay, I wasn't sure if I missed something?? I will keep reading!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Josie,

I have to know what helped you in creating such a unique world?? Where did the idea come from??

message 13: by Josie (new)

Josie Jaffrey (josiejaffrey) Hi Heather,

I love dystopian stories, and I’ve never read a book set hundreds of years after a zombie apocalypse, so I thought it would be an interesting premise.

In terms of the setting, I wanted to chart a journey through Europe so I could hint at the heritage of vampire stories in countries like Romania and Czechia. It gave a really interesting background that was fun to reference.

I’m so glad you enjoyed the book! I have review copies of the prequel series available too, if you’d like to read and review.

Many thanks!

Josie

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Since this is the last week of June, I want to take this time to thank Josie for being our very first SOTM author!

THANKS JOSIE!!!!!!

message 15: by Josie (new)

Josie Jaffrey (josiejaffrey) Thanks Heather!

message 16: by Josie (new)

Josie Jaffrey (josiejaffrey) A Bargain in Silver (Solis Invicti, #1) by Josie Jaffrey
A Bargain in Silver, the first book in the prequel series to The Gilded King, is free on Amazon until Friday midnight PDT. It's paranormal romance rather than YA, but it's set in the same world as The Gilded King, so do head over to Amazon for your free copy!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Josie wrote: "A Bargain in Silver (Solis Invicti, #1) by Josie Jaffrey
A Bargain in Silver, the first book in the prequel series to The Gilded King, is free on Amazon until Friday midnight PDT. It's paranormal r..."

Thanks Josie, I am on it!!

message 18: by Josie (new)

Josie Jaffrey (josiejaffrey) Thanks Heather!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.