Allegiant (Divergent, #3) Allegiant discussion


293 views
Who Accepted Tris's Death?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 80 (80 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Cat (last edited Sep 03, 2014 05:13PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cat I mean, I know a lot of my friends are so wrought over it and they cried and all, and even though she was a better character (to me) than Tobias, I accepted her death, and I'm not raging over it or saying that Veronica Roth is a horrible author or that the book was ruined. I think it makes sense that she died, actually, because even VR said that Tris nearly dies at the end of both Divergent and Insurgent and it was only fitting to end Allegiant with her actual death. Does anyone else agree?

Edit (9/3/14): Seriously, the more and more I think about this book, the more and more flaws I find in the ending, and not only have I accepted Tris's death, I kind of scorn it as well. For all you who think that it was brave and selfless, what makes you think that? I feel like it was an act of cowardice and poor plot resolution.


Josephine D'Anvers I'm actually kind of glad that she died, because it gives closure, otherwise VR would be constantly asked trough out her career to write another book in the series, an the fans would keep waiting/wondering.


message 3: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cat The thing about most fans is that they have this insatiable urge for perfection, though. If characters get killed off, they write fanfictions to bring them back to life. If the story is left with no closure, they write endings to give themselves closure. If the story is left with an undesirable ending, then they write a new ending that suits their tastes. There's really no satisfying a fan.


Udsie I was sort of happy that Tris died, however I think that it could have been done better. I liked that she died due to her selflessness which has been a big theme in the novels, and I was glad to see that theme revisited. I was a little confused by how Tris acted before her death though. Since she told Nita that she might be able to survive the death serum, I thought that Tris would be the first to volunteer. Knowing her, she would not have even considered sending her brother to die regardless of what he did. I thought that it was so weird that she seemed to be just fine with Caleb dying and went off with her boyfriend like nothing was wrong. She eventually came around to realize that she couldn't let her brother die, but I thought that she should have done that sooner. Also, Four should have known that she would do that after her sacrificing herself to the Erudites in Insurgent. I understand that she wanted to die at that point, however she was still willing to sacrifice herself for everyone else. Tris would have done that with her brother. I did like that Tris died for this greater cause that so many others had died for. I thought that it made Tris even more of a heroine knowing that she committed her entire life to the city and died trying to make it better. I do not agree on the means of her death. It would have been better if the death serum was the thing that killed her, not the bullets. I thought that being shot in Tris's case was a bad way to die because she has dodged a countless number of bullets throughout the three novels. She has also lived through bullet wounds. Therefore, it seemed like a weak way for someone as big as Tris to die from a gun. Overall, the death was very significant and really made Tris and the novel seem greater, but I don't agree with the way she was killed.


message 5: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cat Udsie wrote: "I was sort of happy that Tris died, however I think that it could have been done better. I liked that she died due to her selflessness which has been a big theme in the novels, and I was glad to se..."

I totally agree with what you just said. I was kind of like wow, she survived the death serum; nothing can kill her now and then BAM, she is shot and killed. It seems so pathetic. If she'd died struggling to resist the death serum, I think that'd make more sense.
However, I do have to disagree with your reasoning. Even though Tris is selfless, she didn't choose Abnegation for a reason. She is still slightly selfish, and it was this selfishness that caused her to act on her anger and want to send Caleb to die (after all, he would have done the same). Some might argue Caleb had no say in this matter; he was genetically defected and therefore would always be vain as an Erudite at blood. Science has shown genes can be fought, though, and I think Caleb could have ultimately made different decisions. Tris realized at the last moment she couldn't let her brother die because her selflessness kicked in.
In addition, Tobias didn't suspect Tris would sacrifice herself to the death serum for the same reason. He and Tris were happy; Tobias had thoughts of settling down and starting a family with her ("If we succeed in what we attempt tonight, tomorrow Chicago will be safe, the Bureau will be forever changed, and Tris and I will be able to build a new life for ourselves somewhere. Maybe it will even be a place where I trade my guns and knives for more productive tools, screwdrivers and nails and shovels. This morning I feel like I could be so fortunate. I could."). He honestly believed that she was going to let Caleb die because she was still angry about him betraying her. I think her death was done perfectly as it was, honestly.


Dennis John I've accepted it after a while. Her death really proved that she is both SELFLESS ans BRAVE at the same time. At first I thought that she's not supposed to die.

"SHE'S THE MAIN PROTAGONIST OF THE STORY SO WHY DID SHE DIE"?

The question that really haunted me for days. I couldn't accept the fact that she died. But I loved the moment how she narrated when her mom got her hand and she has gun shots. That moment was a tear jerker for me.

I've read that part so many times 'cause I couldn't really accept the fact that she already died. but this is the BEST DYSTOPIAN BOOK for me.

Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth Allegiant (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth


Rida Sajid Catherine wrote: "I mean, I know a lot of my friends are so wrought over it and they cried and all, and even though she was a better character (to me) than Tobias, I accepted her death, and I'm not raging over it or..."

I accepted it. I cried ofcourse. ALOT!!! But I didn't blamed Roth. If Tris hadn't tried to die before, and it was just a random call then it would've been right for VR to be blamed. But she made a whole lot of effort to show the true meaning of sacrifice


message 8: by Lauren (last edited Jul 31, 2014 07:05AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Lauren To me, the fact that Tris attempted to sacrifice herself multiple times earlier is part of why the final execution didn't work for me. That to me wasn't character development. It was a person with a martyr complex for which they ought to be put on antipsychotic medication. It's not believable. Who goes out of their way to try to die for the nobility of it? If Tris had merely struggled with understanding selflessness and what her parents' sacrifices really meant, that would be one thing. But having her actually trying to do it, over and over, just made her look nuts and sucked all the meaning out of when she finally did it "right." It also made the final sacrifice insultingly predictable, because we have already spent two books establishing without any doubt what Tris will do in a situation like this. I think a better writer could have pulled off this so-called "arc" better. I think the evolution of her character into understanding true sacrifice and making a sacrifice for the right reasons would have worked better if she hadn't actually been TRYING to die repeatedly; also, if her parents hadn't died for her. The impetus for her journey is rather contradictory. It's one thing to honor your parents and want to live up to them and what they believe in, but this is one place where you really don't need to follow in their footsteps. It would have been better if the parent factor had been left out and it was just about her and her own understanding. There is nothing noble about honoring your parents' beliefs to the point of death.


Udsie Catherine wrote: "Udsie wrote: "I was sort of happy that Tris died, however I think that it could have been done better. I liked that she died due to her selflessness which has been a big theme in the novels, and I ..."

I agree with you that Tris's selfishness was the reason that she chose Dauntless instead of Abnegation, but it has also been said throughout the novels once a Stiff always a Stiff. Tris said earlier in Allegiant that she would never deliver her brother to his own execution. This shows that she still cared for Caleb and her parent's wishes even after the betrayal. I understand that she was mad at Caleb, but not mad enough to be fine if he died. At least Tris should have been more conflicted when she thought about sending Caleb to his death. It just really bothered me that she went off kissing her boyfriend because she was going to live happily ever after while others died for her. I mean come on. That is not the Tris that I know.
Four believed that Tris and him could have a life together before she went to the Erudite. He told Tris that he would not be fine if she died. Tris then promised him that she would not go and then went without a second thought. After something like that, Four should have just considered the possibility that she would do that. Also before she went to the erudite Four said "All that time you spent insisting that you were too selfish for them, and now, when your life is on the line, you've got to be a hero? What's wrong with you?" Tris replied "What's wrong with you? People died. They walked right off the edge of a building! And I can stop it from happening again!" I think that quote shows that Four knew of her selfishness, but also her selflessness. He should have at least talked to Tris to see if she was considering being selfless again in Allegiant. The quote also shows that Tris would not let another person die if she was capable of stopping it.


message 10: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cat Lauren wrote: "To me, the fact that Tris attempted to sacrifice herself multiple times earlier is part of why the final execution didn't work for me. That to me wasn't character development. It was a person with ..."

I never thought of it like this, and you'd think, in a way, that by killing herself, Tris would have dishonored her parents in some way? I think her character has developed, and that maybe she isn't so "yay-let's-go-die-because-it's-noble" anymore. After all, if she truly was selfless, then there wouldn't have been a need for Caleb to be chosen to be sent the Weapons Lab. Tris would've up and volunteered herself. The fact that she eventually took the job from Caleb and went herself was because she loved him and couldn't bear to see him die. She was dying for her brother the same way her parents died for her. And I think to her, that was noble and just, which was why instead of holding on to every last shred of life, she let go.


message 11: by Lauren (last edited Jul 31, 2014 08:46AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Lauren I think her character has developed, and that maybe she isn't so "yay-let's-go-die-because-it's-noble" anymore.

That's exactly my point. I like the end of her character development and I like that the point was for her to die in an act of selflessness to show that she finally understands what it means to be selfless, since her story began with her thinking she was not good at being selfless. I like how her story ends, BUT I don't like how the story goes along the way. I don't like how her arc involves her actually TRYING to die this way. Yes, this last time was good and proper because she wasn't actually trying to die. Those previous times were dishonorable because she was going out of her way to die for the sake of dying, for the sake of BEING a sacrifice, while this last time she was not trying to die but simply trying to carry out a selfless act for her brother's sake knowing she could die in the process but also basing her decision on the unproven but hopeful belief that she could survive. She did not want to die, was not trying to, but willingly accepted the possibility for the sake of doing the right thing, and that's what made it noble while the other times were not. BUT even though her intentions were different this time, she was nonetheless willingly risking her life for the sake of doing the right thing yet again. Having her do this repeatedly was very tedious and too contrived to be realistic. Again, it really just looks like she's nuts. It would have been better if she hadn't actually tried to sacrifice herself before and only slowly came to terms with her parents' Abnegation teachings along the way from various events in the books, and finally acted on it this last time when she's least expecting it because it's only now that she had the wisdom and understanding to let true selflessness come naturally. She didn't need to repeatedly try and fail at killing herself to reach that understanding. In my opinion, it cheapened it.

After all, if she truly was selfless, then there wouldn't have been a need for Caleb to be chosen to be sent the Weapons Lab. Tris would've up and volunteered herself. The fact that she eventually took the job from Caleb and went herself was because she loved him and couldn't bear to see him die.

Of the 417 ways the ending was badly written, this is another one: The whole situation was nonsensical. Tris showed a bit of growth in not automatically volunteering to be the sacrifice, not going out of her way to be the selfless one just for the sake of being selfless, but in this case, it would have made more sense for her to be the volunteer anyway. She already knows that she has the crazy plot contrivance of being able to resist serums better than anyone. Why are they letting someone go who will definitely die when they have someone who could carry out their stupid mission without dying? That's just illogical. In this case, unlike the other ones in the other books, it actually made logical, necessary sense for Tris to go. And of course Tris realized at the last minute that she loves her brother and doesn't want him to die. The problem is it's not particularly believable that she only just now decided that this was an issue when they spent two days sitting on the decision to let Caleb die. I never bought for one moment that Tris was ever going to let her brother walk into that room, which made their planning and preparation for Caleb's mission rather ludicrous and the outcome ridiculously obvious. And also, her parents died in the heat of a battle where they made a split-second decision that meant the difference between life and death for their child. They didn't go out of their way to arrange to die like we were doing with this suicide mission nonsense. If Tris loves her brother so much, why did she spend two days letting him plan his death instead of bothering to come up with something that didn't need anyone to die? Nonsensical contrivance.


message 12: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cat Udsie wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Udsie wrote: "I was sort of happy that Tris died, however I think that it could have been done better. I liked that she died due to her selflessness which has been a big theme in ..."

While that is true, she believed, to some point, that with the suit, Caleb would be able to resist the death serum. I don't think she considered it delivering her brother to his own execution, especially if she wasn't the one directly responsible for his death in this case. You're right that she still cared for Caleb, though; I think it just took the thought of him being utterly gone to make her realize that. She died for her brother the same way her parents died for her.
She was guilty, though. There were multiple times when she rethought the severity of her choice, but she didn't act on it until the last possible moment. Maybe she was just too stubborn to admit that she still loved him.
I disagree with that. In Insurgent, oftentimes called the most hated book of the series due to the hostility and distance between Tobias and Tris, Tobias wouldn't have had time to consider any future that he and Tris might have had. They were engaged in physical fighting and fleeing all the time. There was no sense of peace to think about settling down. However, in Allegiant, when they went to the Bureau, everything was more passive. All the attacking they did was more mental or biological, using the death serums and sneaking around. There was the bomb explosion that ultimately killed Uriah, but compared to all the violence in the first two books, Allegiant is certainly the one with the least fighting. Because there was nothing left to do and the factions were disbanded and he felt like there might be an end to this when everything would be okay again, then Tobias began considering the possibility of a future. I do not think he considered a life with Tris anywhere before that. It wouldn't make sense.
But at the same time, her self-preservation skills had improved since then. Because she didn't initially offer to send herself to the Weapons Lab and because she spent more time bonding with Tobias in Allegiant, she, too, was beginning to consider thoughts of the future. I don't think her selflessness was even in question until she actually went and sacrificed herself. The potential promise of the future is the big thing that kept her from being 100% selfless here, and that's besides the point. She's only human, and the means by which she died will always be the same, no matter how selfless she went in doing it.


message 13: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cat Lauren wrote: "I think her character has developed, and that maybe she isn't so "yay-let's-go-die-because-it's-noble" anymore.

That's exactly my point. I like the end of her character development and I like that..."


Totally agreed. I'm not going to argue with you any longer because this is exactly my point. Although your argument seems to be entirely the opposite of Udsie's, who would have preferred Tris to be more selfless leading up to her death.
The book was heavily flawed beyond the mere ending, anyway.


message 14: by Lauren (last edited Jul 31, 2014 08:45AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Lauren While that is true, she believed, to some point, that with the suit, Caleb would be able to resist the death serum.

I think they made it very clear that no one was supposed to be able to resist the serum even with a clean suit, and it was understood from the very start that it would be a suicide mission. There was never any irrational hope that maybe, just maybe, Caleb would be able to get out of there alive. They knew he was going in there to die.

I have to agree with Udsie on the silliness of Tris and Tobias going off to make out (and possibly more) right after they all settle on the plan to have her brother die. It was just so random and irrational. All part of how poorly constructed and contrived the book was overall, I guess, one of the many areas where it felt like Veronica just had a bunch of scenes on index cards and slapped them all together without regard for transitional logic.

But whatever, I just couldn't buy the poignancy or whatever it was supposed to be or her eleventh-hour epiphany that she loved her brother too much to let him die. There was never any doubt that she loved her brother in spite of what he did - she wouldn't have felt that betrayed if she didn't - so there was nothing remotely surprising about it to the point that the fact that the book tried to make it into a surprise twist was actually insulting to my intelligence, and also, because we obviously know that she loves her brother despite everything, it's not really believable that she would have ever gone along with Caleb's decision to be the sacrifice in the first place. Nothing about the story was believable.


Joshua I think I was in shock. I probably reread the last chapter 3 times before I realized she actually died. Book 3 was my least favorite, but the most memorable.


Sydney Bollinger Personally, I think she had to die. It made sense to me and I actually wasn't too shocked. She lived her life through selfless acts of bravery and would never let anyone else die for her, so it is only fitting that Allegiant ended in her on self sacrifice.


message 17: by Lauren (last edited Jul 31, 2014 09:03AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Lauren Too bad the only reason anyone was ever going to die at all was because of a situation that was contrived specifically to create an excuse for someone to die so Tris could predictably take their place. It amused me when Veronica, in her blog explanation, says that she can't please all of her readers but can only do her best to write an honest story ... but there was nothing honest about this ending. The circumstances were blatantly contrived at the expense of logical or organic story development in order to force the ending to happen. It's actually quite dishonest.


message 18: by CC (new) - rated it 5 stars

CC I was upset at first about her death and hated the book for awhile, but after talking to someone about it,Allegiant, is my second favorite book in the series. It shows that the outside world is not full of happy endings and people never should get the ending they deserve. Tris being Divergent, was willing to die and to save everyone she loved and cared about even if that means losing her life. I liked how the series ended, the epilogue gave us peace, everyone is alright and living the life Tris would have wanted them to live.


message 19: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cat And then there was that whole bit with Tobias trying to wipe his memory after all that had happened. That disgusted me.


Lauren Why couldn't he just go get plastered like a normal person?


message 21: by Ms. (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ms. Anderson I thought it was heroic. And Tobias trying to wipe his memory afterwards made sense to me. I mean, who wants to remember pain and suffering? It was also realistic(and I know that stories aren't ALWAYS supposed to be realistic, but a sense of it at some points is sometimes necessary)


message 22: by Lauren (last edited Jul 31, 2014 09:13AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Lauren Crosly wrote: "I thought it was heroic. And Tobias trying to wipe his memory afterwards made sense to me. I mean, who wants to remember pain and suffering? It was also realistic(and I know that stories aren't ALW..."

Yeah, it was probably THE only realistic or believable aspect of the situation. I can only imagine that many people, in the immediate aftermath of a horrible loss, would be tempted to just erase away their memories to get rid of their pain if such a thing existed in real life. The closest thing we have, really, is getting blackout drunk.

I liked how the series ended, the epilogue gave us peace, everyone is alright and living the life Tris would have wanted them to live.

And I just love how Tobias's story ends: 21 years old, working the government job he never wanted and living with his mother. Yeah. Explain to me, again, why I'm supposed to give a damn about him reconciling with his lunatic of a mother? Why is this the coda to his story?


Abigail I think the books are excellent but Tris's death undermined the plausability of the narrative for me. Obviously you suspend plausability when reading any dystopian series to a certain extent that is part of the enjoyment but for Tris to escape death multiple times in sometimes far worse situations only to eventually die in a situation she would usually have sailed through felt messy and rushed to me and not a learning curve for Tris at all. From this point on anytime I read a series that suddenly switches to a dual narrative I'm going to be anxious about the main protagonists impending doom. Tobias's POV now seems like such a red flag of what was to come.


message 24: by Lauren (last edited Jul 31, 2014 09:11AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Lauren Abigail wrote: "I think the books are excellent but Tris's death undermined the plausability of the narrative for me. Obviously you suspend plausability when reading any dystopian series to a certain extent that i..."

This speaks to my point. I've seen so very many complaints and criticisms about Tris's death where people don't get why/how she dies NOW after escaping death so many times, or that they don't see the point of her dying as an act of sacrifice when she already demonstrated her selflessness and willingness to sacrifice herself to save others before. See, the arc Veronica used diminished her point to the extent that no one has any idea what her point IS. It was a bad idea to execute the story this way.


CARLA I am okay with her dying, just the WAY that she died was too simple in my eyes. I mean think about the first two books. It was almost like she just wanted to hurry up and end it. There wasn't the same finesse as the previous two. That last book seems hurried. So it was all over the place and while her death was actually expected by me, I am still upset about the how of it.


Udsie Abigail wrote: "I think the books are excellent but Tris's death undermined the plausability of the narrative for me. Obviously you suspend plausability when reading any dystopian series to a certain extent that i..."

Completely agree. It seemed like a weak death for her just to be shot. I also agree with you on the dual narrative. That seemed to be a dead give away that I completely missed. I really didn't like the dual narrative though. Veronica Roth did not do a very good job of changing the voice and making Tris and Four sound different. Sometimes when I was reading Four's point of view I thought I was reading Tris's. I understand that both points of view were needed to tell the story completely, but it could have been written better.


Tana Lovegood of Dumbledore's Army✞~ Rogers/America Yes, I accepted her death. It I agree with most of you! I mean it's like she survived the death serum and she's all unstoppable and such but then BAM she gets shot and died...yeah not the best way to die... I wish she died a different way or something. But in life you have to make sacrifices and she did and her brothers still alive and all atleast and she's selfless.


Hummingbird01 I understand that Tris sort of had to die but I was still really shocked and sad when I read it !
Tana wrote ` I mean it`s like she survived the death serum and she`s all unstoppable and such but then BAM she gets shot and dies`
I totally agree with Tana as it was a very sudden and not the nicest way to die( if there is a niece way)!!!

Now don`t shoot me down `cause I love Tris but I feel like it was right that she died rather than all happy ending and every one lives happily ever after!
However I do feel sad for Tobias as he really loved Tris and they were a really cute couple !

Love you forever Tris R.I.P !!!!!!!!!!!!!!


message 29: by . (new) - rated it 5 stars

. I have accepted it, I accepted it a long time ago, but even the mention of her still makes me really upset.


ᏒIᎪlᎥstᎥc I thought that it was a good decision and the right way to end the series. I didn't cry, that's just not me but I was upset and a bit surprised. But I have accepted it now.


Julia I'm proud of Veronica for doing it! I think it was SUCH a brave move on her part, and it was one that made sense and was, in a way, necessary. I did cry (in the middle of the school day, right in front of the boy who, I found out later, liked me), but I certainly don't hate Veronica for it and I wouldn't have asked for it any other way. My 7th grade Language Arts teacher even wrote Veronica a (letter? email?) telling her how much she loved the book!


Hummingbird01 Ria wrote: "I thought that it was a good decision and the right way to end the series. I didn't cry, that's just not me but I was upset and a bit surprised. But I have accepted it now."
Yep I am not the type of person to cry over the death of an imaginary character but Tris did make me sad !!!


message 33: by Tara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tara Ok, so... i accepted her death after a period of crying and being sad and stuff...because i knew that that is what she would do. Tris is supposed to be the 'brave and selfless' character that she was and i think by killing her off the trilogy was Veronica Roth's way of showing that. I was and still am sad over her death when i think about it,but i defiantly do not hate Veronica Roth or think she is a terrible Author because of this...I just have no idea how i am going to survive watching Allegiant when it comes out. :(


message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Tris's death didn't effect me. I didn't like her character at all. I'm kind of glad that she killed her because, like so many of you said, it left a good ending. I really wanted that series to end because I didn't really enjoy it. I thought that she wrote the end well though because it made me sad when Tobias found out and reacted that way.


Caitlin "Sparkie" I really loved that she died staying true to her character and I believe the Veronica has guts to this and I really admire her for it. It takes a lot to kill of your main character. I was at first shocked thinking "No she couldn't have died she is in a coma or she is a hospital somewhere no one would do that." Then I was like NOOOO. Then I was like ok it makes sense this is actually a really cool ending.


Veronica i did not accept it and will never do.


Annalisa97 I understand why she made Trish die but I don't accept it. I thought that it was too sad to see Tobias alone in the end of the book struggling to deal with her death.


♫✯Em loves Hollenstein✯♫❤the summertime and butterflies all belong to your creation❤ To be honest, I won't ever be able to. I understand why it had to happen but still.....


Nimotalai I've accepted it. It made the book so much better for me.
Divergent trilogy is probably the best dystopian books I've ever read.
Just thinking about tris' death makes me wanna cry.


message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

No. I didn't and still haven't.:(


message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Catherine wrote: "I mean, I know a lot of my friends are so wrought over it and they cried and all, and even though she was a better character (to me) than Tobias, I accepted her death, and I'm not raging over it or..."

Hmm... I do agree. I mean I too would never go raging about her death and tell VR that she is a horrible author. The only criticism I have is that she needs to write more books!!!


Cassidie I did. First I was pretty shocked though, but her death made sense and she couldn't have gotten a more beautiful ending. It was like a frame. A decent closure and a kind if enlightment. You know, when she's about to die for the first time, but she's not yet ready and then at the end she sees her mom who says she's finished now.


Rachel Paige  Hamlin I'm going to be honest, I hated Tris. I didn't always have a reason, btu she just bothered me.

I also predicted her death the first time Tobias narrated a chapter. There's only one good reason to bring in a second narrator, especially one so similar to Tris, and that's her death.

I wasn't upset, I felt like I should be, but I was happy. I hated her, and it was also different than most dystopians.


Shelby It was spoiled for me before I finished the book :( so I already knew it was going to happen but I still cried anyways :P


Mockingjay1407 I now accept that it happened. I finished reading Allegiant in January, and I spent the rest of the day crying and depressed after it happened. I'd like to be able to think that a love like Tris and Tobias' could last forever - with them together. But it didn't. I understand why it happened and I know that she was okay about it. I recently bought and read Four's follow-on book, and reading the last few pages, made me cry. The last part is an excerpt from Divergent when Tobias and Tris first get together, from his perspective, reading that, and remembering the ending, it was beautiful and tragic and wonderful all at the same time.
:)
:(


message 46: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Zun time to read FOUR! :)))


Mockingjay1407 IT
IS
AMAZING!!!!!!
:):):):):):):)


Marys Borbon At first,I couldn't accept that she died because I did'nt expected it to happen.I was sort of,depressed in 2 days!! :(

At least she died as a noble person which compensates her death!:)


message 50: by Sofia (new) - added it

Sofia Treviño I also predicted her death when I was that the book had Four's POV. I wan't completly sure but I was certain that one of them was going to die. I would've liked that both lived or died, but I already accepted her dead, I was sure that she wasn't going to let her own brother sacrifice himself. I mean after all she had survived, she had to die like that? She deserved a break, but not a permanent one and the fact that Four was so confident that she would be waiting for him, expecting everything to finally be okay so they could start their lives together made it worst; and then finding out that she died, even though he knows thanks to Caleb that she didn't wanted to die, that this time it wasn't her just giving up on life. I think what made her death so difficult for me was imagining how difficult her death would be on Four. Without her he will never be the same, maybe he'll find someone else, maybe not. But as he said "no embrace will ever feel the same again, because no one will ever be like her again"


« previous 1
back to top