Of Wonderland Book Club discussion

June - SUMMER READS > Discussion: Summer

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new)

Inge (omgitsinge) | 1361 comments Mod
Are you a summer person?
NO. Summer is an awful season. It's way too hot, I feel sticky, there are wasps and mosquitoes everywhere, and the heat gives me headaches. Maybe I'm not the right person to be leading this discussion? ;)

Tell us about a fun summer memory of yours.
I remember going on loads of international camps when I was younger (between 11 and 16). You bring together kids from all over the world and spend a few weeks together, playing games, making friends, and learning about each other's cultures. I remember those camps very fondly.

Tell us about your (future) summer plans? Are you going on a trip? Working a summer job? Or just chilling with your friends?
As an agoraphobic, it doesn't matter which season it is, my days always look the same. But I am planning a trip to London for the end of August! I'll be meeting up with two of my best friends. Met them both on Goodreads. ♥

Summer = ice cream! What's your favorite flavor?
Strawberry!

Give us a song that's your summer beat.
I'm really enjoying Shotgun by George Ezra right now.

What's your favourite spot to read in the summer?
INSIDE. But if I'm not going to be a total buzzkill, it's really nice to sit in our backyard. We have a lovely view and lots of shade.

message 2: by lucie (last edited Jun 04, 2018 03:12AM) (new)

lucie (arey) 1) Are you a summer person?
- I absolutely HATE summer with temperatures over 25°C - I dont get how is possible that people are enjoying this kind of weather? I like lighly warm weather when I can wear shirt, shorts and flip flops without sweating.

2) Tell us about a fun summer memory of yours.
- I've been working every summer for four years by a outdoor swimming pool - pouring tap beer. I hated the work but I've met and talked with a lot of new people while they've been waiting in the line. I was invited to a lot of parties and trips too.

3) Tell us about your (future) summer plans? Are you going on a trip? Working a summer job? Or just chilling with your friends?
- I am going to have a birthday picnick with my friends (I cannot wait!!) and I'll go for a vacation with my best friends. I'd love to go on a music festival but I dont have anyone who would go with me.. :-|

4) Summer = ice cream! What's your favorite flavor?
- Dark chocolate with whipped cream on the top

5) Give us a song that's your summer beat.
- Yeah Baby by The Beachballs, 17th Boulevard

6) What's your favourite spot to read in the summer?
- By a lake under a tree

message 3: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new)

lucie wrote: "1) Are you a summer person?
- I absolutely HATE summer with temperatures over 25°C - I dont get how is possible that people are enjoying this kind of weather? I like lighly warm weather when I can ..."

I love the idea of a birthday picnic! I've been planning a picnic with my brother and his girlfriend as well. I might steal your idea since we're birthday buddies and all that. ;)

I always get such beautiful visions of trees by lakes, now I really want to read there!

message 4: by lucie (new)

lucie (arey) Inge wrote: "lucie wrote: "1) Are you a summer person?
- I absolutely HATE summer with temperatures over 25°C - I dont get how is possible that people are enjoying this kind of weather? I like lighly warm weath..."

Do it :) It's my favorite type of b-day party :D
Do you have a lake nearby?

message 5: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new)

lucie wrote: "Inge wrote: "lucie wrote: "1) Are you a summer person?
- I absolutely HATE summer with temperatures over 25°C - I dont get how is possible that people are enjoying this kind of weather? I like ligh..."

Yes but it's private property. :( I'd have to travel a bit further for a public one. You? What will you make for your picnic?

message 6: by lucie (new)

lucie (arey) Inge wrote: "lucie wrote: "Inge wrote: "lucie wrote: "1) Are you a summer person?
- I absolutely HATE summer with temperatures over 25°C - I dont get how is possible that people are enjoying this kind of weathe..."

There's a big lake 2km far from my house with Alps mountains around 😍 I am quite lucky, haha
description

I am usually bringing only something to drink because it's the only thing people always forget :D I dont want gifts so my friends bring the food :)

message 7: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new)

lucie wrote: "Inge wrote: "lucie wrote: "Inge wrote: "lucie wrote: "1) Are you a summer person?
- I absolutely HATE summer with temperatures over 25°C - I dont get how is possible that people are enjoying this k..."

Ugh that is GORGEOUS. I would just read there all the time, do you? That's actually a great idea. I don't really want anything this year either, I'm thinking about asking for donations for the cat shelter I volunteer at instead. :)

message 8: by lucie (new)

lucie (arey) Inge wrote: "lucie wrote: "Inge wrote: "lucie wrote: "Inge wrote: "lucie wrote: "1) Are you a summer person?
- I absolutely HATE summer with temperatures over 25°C - I dont get how is possible that people are e..."

That's good idea and really nice from you :) 🐱
Absolutely! I prefer to go for a hike and spend few hours with a book on the top lately.

How others like to celebrate their birthdays??